The Cup & Blade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by materra
    Pouts. No one in chat that speaks fantasy taverns. And none of you are there. Humph.

Sits and rocks, pouts somemore.
    Someone needs to invent a pouting smiley,
    Hey, smiley gods, hear that?:fpraiseyo

"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet, And the wind longs to play with your hair." -Kahlil Gibran

We are pilgrims on a journey/ And companions on the road,
    We are here to help each other/ Walk the mile and bear the load.
    I will weep when you are weeping,/ When you laugh I'll laugh with you.
    I will share your joy and sorrow/ 'Til we've seen this journey, through.
    ~Author unknown~

Comment

And it has gotta have a lower lip that sticks out a foot or two.

Know what you say. Really it is the policies that get to me. Well and the crimes people do. But all in all I keep chanting "retirement money" to myself to help with sticking to the job. At 56 it is only 6 more years. I can do it.

I work to play.... yes?

Then it is on to cheaper places and fun.
      "One out of every four people in this world is mentally unstable. Think
      of your three best friends. If they seem normal, you're the one." --- Ann Landers

Comment

Originally posted by materra
        And it has gotta have a lower lip that sticks out a foot or two.

Know what you say. Really it is the policies that get to me. Well and the crimes people do. But all in all I keep chanting "retirement money" to myself to help with sticking to the job. At 56 it is only 6 more years. I can do it.

I work to play.... yes?

Then it is on to cheaper places and fun.
        Sometimes, I'm not sure if that is an inducement. I guess that's why they call it work. Just turned 51 October 17, so it's 11 years for me. Where's the *le sigh* smiley?
        Last edited by Lyntwyn; October 30th, 2005, 11:44 PM.

"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet, And the wind longs to play with your hair." -Kahlil Gibran

~Author unknown~

Comment

I don't even plan on seeing retirement. By the time I'm eligible to retire, the law will probably say I have to be 97 and have 60 years of tenure at my current company first.

**shrugs** I'm just helping my parents look for a place so they can retire in five or six years (maybe less). Then I can move there with them, get established, and move into my own place (and finally have the damned miniature horses I've been wanting). After that, I just want to find a way to be self-employed.

I'm up nice and early this morning. (My body is still thinking an hour ahead.) **wanders behind the bar and helps herself to an egg bagel with salmon cream cheese and a glass of half orange juice and half champagne**
          ~ * ~ * ~ Here's my latest art on Fine Art America ~ * ~ * ~

I also do commissions, so if you're interested in having me paint something specifically for you, just contact me. Mention that you're an MW member, and get a 5% discount on your specially commissioned piece. And if the piece has an animal as the subject, I'll see to it that future sales of the prints also benefit a rescue organization devoted to that species/breed.)

Comment

Yeah, know what you mean Ses. I moved to a small town to care for my mom after she had her stroke. And stuck it out near by til she died. Funny, she passed exactly 26 years ago today. Yup, on Samhain, in bed. She was very special and a wonderful person to know.

Amazing what we are willing to do for our families.

Materra moves in behind Ses and picks up a toasted onion bagel, coffee and a mimosa too. I love champagne and orange juice. "
            of your three best friends. If they seem normal, you're the one." --- Ann Landers

Comment

Mabel, can I get a frozen mudslide and a buffalo chicken wrap with waffle fries on the side?

I also do commissions, so if you're interested in having me paint something specifically for you, just contact me. Mention that you're an MW member, and get a 5% discount on your specially commissioned piece. And if the piece has an animal as the subject, I'll see to it that future sales of the prints also benefit a rescue organization devoted to that species/breed.)

Comment

I would like a mud slide too Mabel. Hi Ses

Comment

A belated hi and a hug for materra.

**settles into a nice, cozy, overstuffed chair near the fire, relaxing with a good book, jasmine shisha in her hookah, and a glass of white zinfandel**

I really need to create a place like this on the Other Side when I die. That way, I can continue to exist here where I'm most comfortable.

I'm actually in my bedroom pretty much hiding out, because my dad's a jerk and his day isn't complete unless he's insulting me or yelling at me, or in some way proving that HE is still ruler of the roost. **rolls eyes** Whatever. He lost my respect a long, long time ago, and nothing he's done since then has ever earned that respect back. I love him very much, but I still hate his guts with a passion.

Comment

Hugs Ses... "be sure and create the Cup and Blade Ses, I need somewhere to go too.

Comment

And it will have dustbunnies (the normal ones), with the carnival under the couch.

Comment

**Ses orders vegetable pot pie and a bottle of Bud Light, then she flops down on the couch and watches National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation**

Comment

**Ses, bright-tailed and bushy-eyed, bounds into the C&B for breakfast**

Mabel, chickie, can I get hashbrowns, sausage links, and a Mexican omelette? Oh, and a Mudslide? (Yes, I'm starting early this morning. I'm on vacation, and this is a virtual tavern, so it's not like I'm driving or doing anything that requires good judgment.)

This place needs some holiday trees and wreaths and garlands, too. And holiday music. Trans-Siberian Orchestra holiday music.

**Ses no sooner finishes speaking than a half dozen house elves start scurrying about to make the C&B's holiday transformation happen**

Comment

Lyn drags in some Manneheim Steamroller Christmas Albums and Paul Winter's "Tomorrow is my Dancing Day" Christmas Album! Where's the Jukebox!

~Author unknown~

Comment

**grins** It's over there in the corner, Lyn.

**pours herself a gazillion calories worth of rich, sweet, yummy eggnog**

Comment

Anyone mind if I play some Josh Groban Christmas music from last year?

~Author unknown~

Comment

Working...
                                X