Wayward Sun (my former band)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayward Sun (my former band)

One of my former bandmates has graciously offered some bandwidth on his site for me to post some mp3s of my former band, Wayward Sun. I was a member of the band from 1990 until our breakup in 1997 -- mainly as a keyboardist and vocalist, although I also played guitar and bass at times.

What follows is a taste of some of our best material. Each song is available in mp3 or streaming audio format. Please remember that I was 19-20 years old in these recordings. Be kind.

No Further Questions (Our studio CD, recorded in January 1995)
    • Destination: Nowhere - a kick-ass, straight-up rock tune about the pressures of feeling like everyone has such high expectations of you, while you feel like you're just going nowhere. I play acoustic guitar and piano on this track, plus I sing lead on the first half of each verse (bass player Sam sings the second half of each verse) (mp3, streaming)
    • Afterlife - a song I wrote in high school. I'm not entirely sure what the lyrics mean, but it sounds cool. I've always liked this one - it's fun getting to wail at the end. I play the piano and sing all vocals. (mp3, streaming)
    • Waterfall - one of my favorites, despite the fact that it's about three minutes too long. It's about my then-girlfriend, now-wife, and I wrote it for her when I was 16. This is an especially cool recording, mainly due to the services of the Horns of Terror, which included our recording engineer, who's responsible for the ass-kicking trumpet solo at the end. I play acoustic guitar and sing all vocals. (mp3, streaming)
    • The Big Picture - a song about the sky! A few people have commented that this song seems to hint at my pagan leanings 5 years before the fact, since it's about the glory of nature in a divine sense. I play the piano and sing all vocals. (mp3, streaming)
    Live at the End of the Edge (a live concert as part of the End of the Edge concert series, recorded April 30, 1996)
    • Dirty Shoe Funk - no self-respecting band would consider their repertoire complete without an ass-kicking funk instrumental! I play a vintage Hammond organ on this one. Get down. (mp3, streaming)
    • Seasons Change - another quasi-pagan song, this one is about how change is eternal, but, like the wheel of the year, we always come full circle in the end. I play the piano and sing lead vocals. (mp3, streaming)
    • Famous Band/A Day That Ends In Y - I didn't write these, but they're two of my favorite Wayward Sun tracks. Famous Band is a humorous look at our dreams of stardom, and A Day That Ends In Y is a study of the mundanities and boredom that eventually infect every serious relationship. They're in the same key, so we just linked them. I sing backup vocals and play a mean bass guitar! (Check out my funky riffs!) (mp3, streaming)
    Bonus Track!
    • Hamlet In My Mind - possibly the best song I ever wrote, at least if you ask my family. I wrote it my junior year of college about what a joke college can be, and how little resemblance it bears to the "real world". My mother still asks me to play it for her whenever I'm in town. The recording was made in our guitarist's basement sometime in the fall of 1995. I play the piano and sing lead vocals. (mp3, streaming)
    Ben Trismegistus
    Super-Cool Retired Admin Type

R-E-S-P-E-C-T. Find out what it means to me. Click here.

Check out my former rock band, Wayward Sun!

I am at work, and my computer has no sound card, but I can't wait to check it out when I get home from band practice later tonight . . .

Entropy requires no maintenance.
    myspace livejournal
    We are the music makers. We are the dreamers of dreams.
    "Those that dance are considered insane by those that can't hear the music" - Anon, courtesy of George Carlin.

Comment

You rule sweetie!
      Site Adminstrator, (Yes, really!)
      Official Site Vixen, 100% Grade A Evil,
      Cerebral Goddess and Jelly Donut!
      subscribe to mw

Disciple #42 of Jodarius, the Random God of Thwaking.

"Even people who think they are dragons think you are crazy. How does that make you feel?"

Comment

Dialup bites!
        :weirdsmil

Comment

Originally posted by Avalon
          Dialup bites!
          Yes..... it...... does...... But what I WAS able to hear sounded great, BenT!!!

Comment

Thanks!
            Ben Trismegistus

Comment

You rock!
              Xentor, your friendly-neighbourhood Checkerist
              Contact me | The Dialogues on Checkerism

Comment

Very cool! Seasons Change is wonderful.
                mol

sitegod/system_Administrator/founder/member/engineer/enigma

Comment

You sound amazing, Ben.

Comment

Originally posted by mol
                    Very cool! Seasons Change is wonderful.
                    Thanks! I always liked that song.
                    Ben Trismegistus

Comment

Will finally be listening to these tonight after work. :D

Comment

Everybody needs to download and listen to "Destination: Nowhere" right now.
                        Then all the other songs, too. :D Terrific, amazing, wonderful. What else can I say?

Comment

Hey... These are nice.. where does one get the cd??
                          Leonard will never be free
                          Rumors of my demise are a bit premature... so far
                          I'm sort of back!!!!

Comment

Well, nowhere unfortunately. I've probably got a few copies lying around somewhere, but I don't know where.

I've got the whole CD, and some other stuff, posted on another site -- I'll go find that link.
                            Ben Trismegistus

Comment

do you plan on a 'limited release' or a mass MW distribution? I just might be interested in such an item to add to my vast collection... some food for thought, BenT?

well, let us know what you decide... I for one, would not squawk about plunking down some of my cold hard cash, buddy.

Comment

Working...
                              X