Yanks unearth Sox jersey at new stadium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yanks unearth Sox jersey at new stadium

NEW YORK - So much for the curse. The New York Yankees have ended a construction worker's attempt to jinx their new stadium with a buried Boston Red Sox jersey.

Team officials watched Sunday as construction workers removed the jersey, with slugger David Ortiz's name on it, from 2 feet of concrete in a service corridor of the stadium that's under construction.
    The team says a construction worker — who is a Red Sox fan — recently buried the jersey there while on the job. Two other supervisors found the tattered shirt Saturday.
    The Yankees plan to donate the jersey to charity, and may pursue a lawsuit against the construction worker.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080413/...s_curse_foiled

waah wahh! so the dude buried a shirt, the title made me think that there might be a body with it.
    Crying "cherry-picking!" with one breath and "diversity!" with the next doesn't work either.~brymble
    "Sometimes the Light at the End of the Tunnel is really a Cranky Dragon waiting to roast your ass!"

In Darkness I Know Myself

Close friends with: Yarrow Elfglow, Czechwoods, Rudas Starblaze, Stormbeard, Philosophia, The Woman Monster, Rick and Elise, Sacred Sin David19.....

Comment

I thought it was interesting because theyre so superstitious, the Yankee guys are considering suing the worker for trying to place a curse on the Yankees and they went through all that trouble to remove the "curse".

Comment

:clappingo construction worker dude!

I love baseball legends like this. Also, I grew up rooting for the Mets - and as a result I rather like to see the Yankees lose. :bigblue: (Then again, I'm getting sick of the Red Sox as well.. why can't the Orioles or Blue Jays win the division for a change?)
        sigpic

Forum Guide: Gods and Goddesses

MW Tarot Readings NOT currently accepting tarot reading requests via PM, but will answer posts in the Reading Request subforum if it is possible for me to do so. :spinnysmi

Comment

Working...
        X