A Problem With The New Yankees Stadium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Problem With The New Yankees Stadium

Why is everybody complaining about the Yankees making more homeruns than usual anyway? I don't understand that! (Note: I'm not a Yankee Fan, I'm a phillies fan, I do respect all other teams)
    I'M RICH! MITCH!

BMH, do u have a linky? I have not heard this.

Granted, this could be news on your end of the States, but I hear nothing but local jibber jabber.

Fields would all have to be the same.

I will look into this
    Health&Beauty & Sports Forum Guide

Comment

(heh, a problem with the stadium? The people in it perhaps?
      only kidding, sorry, couldnt resist it)
      quiet comfort. non time inesperatum

Comment

Originally posted by TerminallyUnique View Post
        (heh, a problem with the stadium? The people in it perhaps?
        only kidding, sorry, couldnt resist it)
        No, I think you had it right! :uhhuhuh:

As for the park, it's had a lot of home runs hit out already...especially right field, all the complaining is about how the visiting teams are hitting more than the Spankees.

I guess the Spankee players are behind on their steroid usage.
        "Some people would rather die than think, in fact many do so." - B. Russell

"Punishments inflicted with signs of anger are useless." - I Kant

"Can't you see what's plain as day,
        It's always been there inside of you.
        One saving grace that's hard to face.
        Embracing the truth will change your fate.
        It's up to you and the path you choose,
        To be led to the slaughter or lead the way.
        The quest for light, a worthwhile fight
        Will you have what it takes?
        Come what may." - J Schaffer

Comment

*ahem* I AM a Yankee fan (Tony is ducking right now). There IS an engineering problem as well as the highly paid friggin line up problem. Apparently, on windy days, there is sort of a wind tunnel created in right field. But really, that's not what we die hards are complaining about. We suck. We KNOW we suck. We pay our team so much money and yet they can't hit for diddly poop. And what is worse, we pay HUGE dollars to go to this brand new eye sore that is so big, you need a map to get to your seat, to watch these over paid guys LOSE. It gets annoying. But yet, I've been through it. And while I'm whining and complaining about it, I also realize that winning comes in cycles. I'm just annoyed how much money they pay out to certain players *cough* A-rod *cough cough* and they can't do a thing. He just had bases loaded two innings ago and STRUCK OUT. I hate him, I hated him when we first got him, I hate him now. I may be an obnoxious Yankee fan but I know a jerk when I see one on my field.
          And while I'm here on my little soap box. You know what, we acknowledge our team has money. We're one of the OLDEST TEAMS IN THE LEAGUE. We've been around 100 years. Our marketing is fantastic. That's why we are so hated. But it does get annoying every time something is said regarding my team and we get abused. Lumping us all into a few jerks at the stadium. I've been to games with Met fans, Philly fans, BOSTON FANS. And let me tell you...BOSTON FANS ARE JUST AS RUDE as Yankee fans. There are a group of people that go to Phillies games who are just AWLFUL, so please, when throwing boulders at one of the most well known teams, remember, we aren't the only ones. Get over your jealousy that we have the kind of money to throw around. Get over the jealousy that your team can't do what we've done 26 times. We have the RIGHT to be boastful. And when we fall, boy do we fall. I remember the 80's. We had Don Mattingly. DON FRIGGIN MATTINGLY and couldn't win for like 15 years. It was very hard to be a fan and be laughed at. Now it's just hard to like a team and get crap for it, because people are ticked off that they're teams can't produce like we can.

Go ahead and yell Tony, I know you will.
          It's been minutes, it's been days. It's been all that I remember. <3

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony41671 View Post
            I guess the Spankee players are behind on their steroid usage.

Oh yeah, cause we're the ONLY team with guys that shoot up.

Comment

Originally posted by MammaStar View Post
              Oh yeah, cause we're the ONLY team with guys that shoot up.
              I love ya long time...but I DO so love spinning up Spankee fans!

I LOVED watching the 22 - 2 azzwhoopin that my Indians put on them back in April...

As for the stadium issue...it's that way for both teams...so there is nothing to really complain about.

As for building a multi-billon $ stadium in this economy, that is part of why the economy is the way it has become.

It's funny that they are having problems selling out the stadium and increased prices...duh

Try lowering them and then you MIGHT get more people in there...but then again, probably not because the Spankees SUCK!

Comment

I love you too. Wait till I get my butt to Virginia! LOL

They did "lower" them. Right now, I'm trying to get tickets for my kid. His b-day is next week, and I used to take him to a game. For the NOSEBLEED seats, tickets are like $25. I used to pay $25 and sit at field level. *grumbles* Though, now if you go on this site Stubhub.com you can find semi-decent seats for decent prices. That's the way I'm going for my kid.
                I love my team. I really do. Just don't go with me when it's a Boston-NY game, cause I'm not my sweet self. LOL
                No one is more annoyed (okay, maybe my kid) that the team is just sucking arse right now. But I do love baseball. I'm more than a Yankee fan, I'm a baseball fan.

Comment

I know what you mean...I have been looking for tickets to an Orioles game when Cleveland is in town and the prices range from 21 - 500...how's that for a spread??

I can probably get fairly decent seats down the 3rd baseline in the balcony for 21 - 42...

I have taken a greater interest in baseball again so far this season, despite Cleveland being horrible thus far.

Comment

Meh - the number of home runs doesn't really concern me; there are pitchers' parks and hitters' parks, and it seems the new Yankee Stadium is a hitter's park (particularly for lefties).

I think the ticket prices are an absolute scandal though.
                    sigpic

Forum Guide: Gods and Goddesses

MW Tarot Readings NOT currently accepting tarot reading requests via PM, but will answer posts in the Reading Request subforum if it is possible for me to do so. :spinnysmi

Comment

Working...
                    X