MMOs, oh noes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MMOs, oh noes!

So... do you play em? Which one(s)? What are your thoughts on MMOs?

-- Gally
    Yes, and I love em!
    54.10%
    Yes, but only because my friends play.
    6.56%
    No, but I want to play.
    4.92%
    No, because they suck the life you!
    14.75%
    No, I don't do the monthly fee thing.
    14.75%
    All I know is I never see my friends anymore...
    4.92%

The only one I play is Final Fantasy XI. I used to bash ppl that played MMOs b/c they would waste their life away in front of their comps... But now, 1 out of every 4 people I meet play at least one MMO. And all my friends play, so... now I play with them b/c sometimes that's the only way I can hang out with them between college and work :\ It's fun, but I wish we could hang out more in person.

-- Gally

Comment

There was no option for my answer which is ~ No, what the heck is MMO??
      I believe in God, only I spell it Nature ~ Frank Lloyd Wright

The goal of life is living in agreement with nature ~ Zeno

Look deep into nature and you will understand everything better ~ Albert Einstein

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Saphyre View Post
        There was no option for my answer which is ~ No, what the heck is MMO??
        An MMO is a Massive Multiplayer Online Game (MMO or MMOG for short).
        Facebook::Witch blog::Book Blog
        Gods and Goddesses, Paths: Dianic & Goddess Witchcraft, Theology & Philosophy, Just Current Events, and Political Pagan Forum Guide.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha

Question everything.

Comment

I used to, but they gobbled up my life. I kinda like the real world more; it's got better graphics
          09-F9-11-02-9D-74-E3-5B-D8-41-56-C5-63-56-88-C0
          The Magic Number

Comment

Originally posted by AussiePagan View Post
            I used to, but they gobbled up my life. I kinda like the real world more; it's got better graphics
            Seriously... Every time I look at the sun I see uber HDR! Beats graphics any day :hehehehe:

-- Gally

Comment

Yeah I have played a heap...
              I'm a sucker for a well designed text based MMOG.

Been looking for a new one lately actually, not that I'd play all that often these days, maybe a couple times a week as opposed to my old record of hmmm... 32hours straight? hehehe.

Comment

Looking for a new one after leaving FFXI. I was bored of it after 60 days of play time.

Comment

Also forgot to mention that it doesn't necessarily count as an MMO, but I love Monster Hunter for the ps2...

-- Gally

Comment

Used to play FFXI. Just don't have the time to grind at the higher levels. I've tried RYL, RF Online, and Star Wars Galaxies. I've also experienced but not thoroughly played Lineage II and City of Heroes.

Second Life has looked kinda interesting, but I don't know. Also, I'm going to look into Warhammer Online (not sure if I'm going to do it though).

I'm currently re-addicted to Civ III (something that can be stopped and saved..lol) as well as Zelda for the Wii.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(")
                    This is bunny 2.0...He's conquered so many sigs that he leveled up!!

myspace: http://www.myspace.com/aeroeng16

Comment

I started with MUDs, played Everquest, Asheron's Call, Ultima Online, did strategy guides for Star Wars: Galaxies and City of Heroes, and have played World of Warcraft from time to time.

They're a unique experience in gaming. In every other genre, the world is designed just for you. In MMOs, the world is designed for the world, and not everything you see will be intended for you. Some of it will be for other classes, other factions, or other levels. It really adds a feeling of dynamism to the game.
                      Come visit me at www.darkbirdy.com

A set of photos of my altar and home.

Comment

I used to play FlyFF and Dofus (both free MMORPGs - Dofus is more tactic-based, while FlyFF has a similar gameplay to something like Legend of Zelda), but I no longer have the space on my computer for FlyFF. D: I really liked that game, but I took it off my computer when my internet became too unreliable to play. I liked the fact that those games are always evolving - there's always a new quest, new items, new classes being introduced, there's no such thing as the end of the game.

Comment

I'm pretty much uninterested in them; much of what I've seen/heard of gameplay in most of them reduces them to work, and I've lost too many friends into the damn things (particularly WoW).

I toy with subscribing to EVE Online now and then, but haven't gotten around to it. That's about it.
                          Patrick Stewart
                          {Historian|Writer|Memeticist|Artist|Transhumanist|Blogger} {in}errant
                          Homo sum: humani nil alienum a me puto
                          "Every generation has the obligation to free men's minds for a look at new worlds... to look out from a higher plateau than the last generation." - Ellison S. Onizuka
                          "The scorn of Nazis is a benediction." - Little Billy
                          "Squick is not a valid moral compass." - Chamelaeon

Did I really just attack you?

Today's Logical Fallacy: Appeal to Consequences

Comment

Ya.. I play WoW... a lotta fun.. but I find I usually gotta manage my time on it, or else, well.. I end up playing all night heh... "One.... more... mob.... til ding... >.<"
                            "When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all." - God, Futurama

Comment

I used to play SecondLife night and day. I don't know if that counts as MMOG or not, though. I played for about a year, but it was so consuming and I was spending quite a bit of money so I eventually gave it up. There was so much drama there too. I have enough drama in my real life. I found that I was actually stressed out in real life because of imaginary stuff that was happening in SecondLife. It was ridiculous! I do miss playing Tringo, though!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X