No announcement yet.

Biggest let down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knights of the Old Republic II has already been mentioned, and I couldn't agree more, especially when compared with KotOR one. The first was a classic!

So I'm going to nominate a few games I hate and can't even begin to understand why people like.

-Assassin's Creed: I kept seeing this game get perfect scores and honestly began to wonder if people were playing a different game than I was. A tiny game world, boring combat (once you get the counter attack ability you're officially invincible), and the same god-befrigged mini-missions every damn time. A total fart of a game.

-Star Wars: The Force Unleashed: Criminally short, with some of the worst controls for a game I've ever had the misfortune of encountering. Hyped to the point of insanity, it'd be hard pressed to find a bigger let down. The targetting system was a joke, the story was forces and had zero character development, and overall it just laud a giant turd.
    "Here at the edge of this world, here I gaze at a pantheon of oak, a citadel of stones. If this grand panorama before me is what you call God, then God is not dead." -Agalloch, "In the Shadow of Our Pale Companion"

Comment

Originally posted by Louisvillian View Post
      'Cuz it was done by Obsidian instead of BioWare, and they rushed it. Unlike the first one, which was perfect. Thank the gods for Mass Effect.
      Actually, as I mentioned, it wasn't Obsidian's fault, LucasArts FORCED them to complete it several months early so it would be out in time for Christmas '04 as opposed to the middle of '05. Blame Mr Beardy's company for the rush-job, not Obsidian. It would have been the same if Bioware had been working on it.

As mentioned earlier, my biggest let down was Contra III: The Alien Wars. I heard so many good things about it, and I thought the other Contra's were great(Contra Force was also bad but it doesn't count to me as part of the series), but when actually playing it, I couldn't stand it. The difficulty wrecked it, compared to the other Contra's, and the second-last-stage boss gave me motion sickness with the spinning screen. Contra Hard Corps was supposed to be harder but I found that easier- and more fun with better music. I also thought the top-down sections were utter garbage compared to Contra II's (Super C).
      Last edited by Raxeph; March 9th, 2009, 01:04 PM.

Comment

I'd have to say that my biggest disappointment has to be Fable 2. More specifically, the end of Fable 2. I won't give it away, but I will say that there is no epic final boss battle. So don't get your hopes up.

Another one is Mirror's Edge. Great game, but it's hard to figure out where to go, especially when you're being chased by cops from NOWHERE. Seriously, how do they manage to find me EVERY LEVEL and then keep up? The Runner's Vision aid is nice, but it's missing in some crucial places.

I've actually loved a lot of the games listed, such as Spore, Oblivion, and Assassin's Creed. The Force Unleashed was nice, but didn't hold my attention long.
        Athena is my inspiration

Comment

Right now, Empire Total War is looking to be a BIG disappointment for me.
          First off, you have to use Steam in order to install and even play the game at all. And Steam is ALWAYS failing. Constantly.
          Secondly, because of it using Steam, there are no text files, meaning no modding for basic stuff like available factions, starting info, and timeframe for the game.
          Thirdly, also because of it using Steam, there is no console debug mode. Meaning no cheat codes. Meaning I won't be able to play the campaign at all. I know others might disagree, but using cheats codes is an important part of my gaming experience.

Comment

Dragon Warrior-I heard about how great it was! The leveling up was cruel and the music was blech! Even by old timey NES standards

Link to the Past-I don't understand why so many people hail this as one of the greatest Zelda games of all time.
            Crying "cherry-picking!" with one breath and "diversity!" with the next doesn't work either.~brymble
            "Sometimes the Light at the End of the Tunnel is really a Cranky Dragon waiting to roast your ass!"

In Darkness I Know Myself

Close friends with: Yarrow Elfglow, Czechwoods, Rudas Starblaze, Stormbeard, Philosophia, The Woman Monster, Rick and Elise, Sacred Sin David19.....

Comment

Originally posted by aluokaloo View Post
              Dragon Warrior-I heard about how great it was! The leveling up was cruel and the music was blech! Even by old timey NES standards

Link to the Past-I don't understand why so many people hail this as one of the greatest Zelda games of all time.
              Dragon Warrior 4 was better- still old timey music but the multi chapters was kind of neat.

Comment

Originally posted by dulcamaria View Post
                Dragon Warrior 4 was better- still old timey music but the multi chapters was kind of neat.
                it might be. but the original dragon warrior makes me want to avoid every other dragon warrior title like some the plague
                Crying "cherry-picking!" with one breath and "diversity!" with the next doesn't work either.~brymble
                "Sometimes the Light at the End of the Tunnel is really a Cranky Dragon waiting to roast your ass!"

In Darkness I Know Myself

Close friends with: Yarrow Elfglow, Czechwoods, Rudas Starblaze, Stormbeard, Philosophia, The Woman Monster, Rick and Elise, Sacred Sin David19.....

Comment

Dante's Inferno. The game was painfully hyped up
                  the true assention: Jesus died and went up to heaven. Upon entering nobody was there. he was all alone...and then it hit...The voice had tricked him...there was no pie.

Please, Send your energies to those who suffer from Anatidaephobia...They need your help more than ever, And remember, Anatidaephobia is no laughing matter. Check with your doctor immediatly if you have Anatidaephobia.

Comment

Working...
                  X