Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Dinosaur Tail Found Preserved in Amber - is covered in feathers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Dinosaur Tail Found Preserved in Amber - is covered in feathers!

"The tail of a 99-million-year-old dinosaur, including bones, soft tissue, and even feathers, has been found preserved in amber, according to a report published today in the journal Current Biology."

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2...ma-cretaceous/
    My Online Journal

That dinosaur had magnificent plumage. That's so awesome!

Can you imagine being the people who found that? I would have made all kind of indignant howler monkey sounds of excitement. Just an amazing find.
    The possibilities are endless.

Comment

I want a Jurassic Park with spectacularly iridescent befeathered dinosaurs.

Comment

I remember this article! it's so cool, and I second Bryony's idea of a Jurassic Park!

it reminds me of a documentary I showed my students a few weeks ago about the evolution of the digestive system, they discovered both bone and muscle in fossilized dinosaur feces showing that they ate everything reptile stile but that it passed threw them really fast, not-reptile stile. It also went into the fact that they have found rocks in the stomach areas of fossils showing that they may have had a gizzard type structure like birds where they swallowed rocks to help them break stuff down. Really cool.
        神の恵みと祖先の恩とに感謝し
        明き清きまことをもって祭しにいそしむこと。

Kami no megumi to sosen no on to ni kanshashi
        Akaki kiyoki makoto o motte saishi ni isoshimu koto.

I am grateful for the blessings of the kami and my ancestors
        And will practice my faith with brightness, purity, and sincerity.

敬神生活の綱領
        Keishin seikatsu no koryo
        Commitment of Life Devotion

- 'Shinto Norito' by Ann Llewellyn Evans -

Comment

Working...
        X