Pizarro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pizarro

in the final chapter of an unforgivable atrocity, Francisco Pizarro executes Atahuallpa, the final Incan Emperor.
    this completed the Spanish subjugation of the entire South American continent.
    more here...

http://www.thehistorychannel.com/tdih/index.html
    Last edited by Theres; August 30th, 2002, 12:50 PM.
    some people are like slinkies -
    not good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when they are pushed downs the stairs.

True enlightenment comes from discovering principles which challenge your spiritual view, not from inventing principles to confirm it.

Greenman...I went to the link, but it was an article about Cleopatra??? Good article none the less
    Lucas Michael, you are with me still. Not a day will go by that I won't remember. Lucas Michael Demascena con. 5/15, dec. 6/29. Wait for me.

Forum Guide- History Forum

Comment

uhhh, hmmmm...
      okay, to read about Cleopatra's suicide, see the above link!
      (damn evil computer thingies!)
      some people are like slinkies -
      not good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when they are pushed downs the stairs.

True enlightenment comes from discovering principles which challenge your spiritual view, not from inventing principles to confirm it.

Comment

LOL. I agree. Computers are a pain in the arse! (wait..I didn't mean it....please computer...don't delete all my precious files..wait..no...really..I love you computer..don't...do ...it....CRAP!)
        Lucas Michael, you are with me still. Not a day will go by that I won't remember. Lucas Michael Demascena con. 5/15, dec. 6/29. Wait for me.

Forum Guide- History Forum

Comment

The ever changing link. I went to the link and got an article on Germany invading Poland. I wanted to read about Cleopatra though. I'm a big fan of Cleopatra. Here's a subjective question about Cleopatra that maybe you guys could answer. I believe that Cleopatra was not necessarily an attractive woman. (I've seen her portrait done on coins. not too pretty.) Many folks are under the assumption that Cleopatra was stunning, because Liz Taylor played her in a movie, and she was able to fascinate the most powerful men. I believe that men liked her mainly because of her intelligence. What do you think? Was Cleopatra physically a beautiful woman?

Comment

that depends...

on ones idea of beauty. The standard of beauty changes through history, and is different in different cultures. I think it impossible to say, with our 21st century western sensibilities, whether she was beautiful in her own time and culture.

Having said that, the women men often find fascinating are not neccessarily beautiful - it is to do with who they are, and how they behave rather than how they look. If we believe anything of Shakespeare's portrayal of Cleopatra -she was all about contrast and excess. Mark Antony (in shakespeare) describes her as 'a lass unparalleled' - so you have the simplicity of 'lass' contrasting with the majesty and power of her position (and her use of it)

oops! sorry - didnt mean to start a lit. lecture
            It is not the brains that matter most, but that which guides them---the character, the heart, generous qualities, progressive ideas.

- Dostoyevsky

Comment

Working...
            X