No announcement yet.

Army recalling 44,000 combat helmets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unfortunately its happens all too often with mil contracts.......take the British SA80........i test fired the prototype,it was a good weapon,if a bit on the heavy side.......but the prototype was HAND MANUFACTURED and had mechanical tolerances that were just heaven,nothing shook,vibrated or rattled....it was a solid piece of kit..........the production weapon was made from stampings to save time and money.........it was terrible.

also had genuine first hand experience of cost cutting when i was contracted as a quality control inspector for a company in UK making tactile keypads for australian SF......they had to work at 8000 ASL..........but also work 30 ft underwater.
    well the long and the short of it was i failed 4 out of 5 on the underwater leak tests as per the MilSpec..........week later they told me "my services were no longer required"........all the keypads i had binned were put back into service and sent to Oz as good kit.
    when they subsequently failed during use.....the Aussies tested them,found they were defective,returned them all to the company,told them they were in breach of contract,and to fix the prob.
    since then though the words been spread........that company will NEVER get another Mil contract........they only have themselves to blame

Comment

Working...
    X