No announcement yet.

Army revamping exercise and menu for new recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to add I believe the military should get rid of weight requirements as long as the physical requirements can be met. I had no problem with pushups, rocked out on sit ups (over the max), and passed (barely) the two miles, but was always being watched because I never met weight requirements and barely passed the body fat requirement. I was as physically fit as anyone else in the army, but I had a large body mass...even when I was in shape I had a slight spare tire and had a larger muscle mass than most (I was a powerlifter in high school)
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. H.L. Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by Terra Mater View Post
      Shit twice cause I agree with this as well.
      lol
      Being Immortal is so time consuming.
      http://shadowsoul.wordpress.com/

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The...life+of+nobody

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004D4ZWTI

Comment

agree.

Originally posted by memnoch View Post
        I would like to add I believe the military should get rid of weight requirements as long as the physical requirements can be met. I had no problem with pushups, rocked out on sit ups (over the max), and passed (barely) the two miles, but was always being watched because I never met weight requirements and barely passed the body fat requirement. I was as physically fit as anyone else in the army, but I had a large body mass...even when I was in shape I had a slight spare tire and had a larger muscle mass than most (I was a powerlifter in high school)

I think sometimes, standards should be reworked or changed, per medical findings, but changing things just because someone feels they were 'pushed" too hard, or something was not easy... dude its the ARMY!! My bro was drill sgt, in the army... and he made grown men cry. He said, sometimes people need to be pushed, and the army has the responsibility to see all men and women are trained, and given the skills to survive in combat.
        WHAT?!?! Just because I am a therapist, who has an affinity for swords, does not make me Dr. Lecter... I could never eat meat

Comment

Originally posted by memnoch View Post
          I worked with a Petty Officer in Scotland that was always being hit on body fat index. Using the tape measure he was always over weight and negatively marked for it. They eventually wanted to process him for discharge but his lawyer demanded he be given an imerssion weighting and his body weight came out to be single digit.

He too was a body builder and had bulk and mass because of it.

Saw others that were skinny as rails but came up over body mass index because of the measurements. I honeslty think many times it's not about being able to perform ones duties but the ability to look like a poster child in uniform. Can't do their job but by god they look good at it.

Comment

Originally posted by MonSno_LeeDra View Post
            I honeslty think many times it's not about being able to perform ones duties but the ability to look like a poster child in uniform. Can't do their job but by god they look good at it.
            YES. That is why. The military is not like the civilian sector. We have look like we mean business, or wait that is universal. Given a choice between two people, both with equal skill and ability, the one who looks good will be picked. And the Army doesn't just willy nilly kick out the fatties. Chaptering overweight Soldiers and PT failures, among other things, is at their commander's discretion. Which means PVT Fatty McFatpants can still stay in even though he is so fat his XXL ACUs are skin tight as long as his chain of command likes and/or thinks he does a good job.
            Heck by Army standards I am overweight, but I pass my tape, am in the 80th or higher percent for the 3 events on the APFT AND I do my job AND the jobs of my superiors for them. The Army, and the rest of the military, wants healthy, physically, mentally and spiritual fit, competent personnel that look like badasses in their duty uniforms, combat gear and dress uniforms.
            There is more to being in the Service than getting a paycheck from the Federal Government. If you aren't willing to live up to the ideals and execute your job and tasks in a MILITARY manner, then please to be getting out of the Army.
            I still think it is all boiling down to social stigmatism, which is a horrible thing to see on a board that preaches tolerance to avoid persecution for being pagans. I guess incest is just the wrong kind of tolerance. -Charley Brown

Comment

"I'm not fat, I'm just big-boned, god damnit"! (Eric Cartman)

Comment

Originally posted by KarmaKanik View Post
                "I'm not fat, I'm just big-boned, god damnit"! (Eric Cartman)

Or the ever popular....

"I'm not overweight, I'm undertall." (no clue who said it first :bigredgri )
                Khara's Chaos

Comment

Working...
                X