No announcement yet.

Mother Nature is Kicking Some Tail!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother Nature is Kicking Some Tail!!!!

I've mentioned this before, I don't like seeing people die! On the other hand, too many people are [screwing] with our precious Earth. Our government, for instance, is tearing up too much wilderness to make a quick buck. I won't get into a rant about my environmental view points here, but I'm on Mother Nature's side here. So, basically I'd like to see how many people are looking at these recent catastrophes as Mother Nature striking back, or if people only see them as just catastrophic. I'm referring to the two hurricanes, the mudslides in Central America, and the earthquake in Pakistan.
    P.s. This isn't meant to step on any toes for those who this may be affecting, just a general question.
    I agree- It's not pretty, but necessary.
    25.56%
    GO MOTHER NATURE!!!!
    35.56%
    I disagree- These are random occurrences.
    34.44%
    I have no opinion on this.
    4.44%
    Last edited by Isil Darkmoon; October 11th, 2005, 07:12 PM. Reason: language

Scooter- 4/11/94 to 10/15/05
    Have no fear, tis I!
    To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering.
    "Life is not about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself!"

all that has happened or will happen has been fortold, I guess all we can do is sit back and watch the show

Im on Mother Natures side as well ...I hope she remembers that

:spinnysmi Not that evil and not that good either :spinnysmi

thanx aconite for the great banner!!

I got ghosted by Smckim

Comment

Originally posted by Gypsy flower
      all that has happened or will happen has been fortold, I guess all we can do is sit back and watch the show

Im on Mother Natures side as well ...I hope she remembers that
      It is my personal religious belief that we are entering a time of great change and part of that change is violent weather (hurricanes, tornadoes, mudslides, floods, etc.) and increased seismic activity (earthquakes, volcanic eruptions and tsunamis) and I have no desire to get into an acrimonious debate about it. I will do what I can for those affected by disaster and pray for healing for both the planet and the living things on it.
      I'm an Evil Woman. FOREVER!
      Just deal with it!

A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave. Gandhi

Truth Lives... and will not be hidden forever!

"En Erebos, Phos." Rev. Greg Crowfoot

“There is no “reality” that can not or will not change, no matter how real it seems to us, but we have to give it something to change TO.” Lynn Grabhorn. The “Excuse me, your life is waiting” Playbook.

Penthesilea's Castle banner by Flaire, Keyholder Banner by DonovanJoseph, all other banners and Rotations by Patriciaj, the Banner Goddess!

Comment

I say Go Mother Nature, because I am on her side, if she is striking back or not, I support her.

Comment

I said go Mother nature! I do not like people being hurt or killed either but a cleansing is in order!
          Being powerful is like being a lady If you have to tell people you are, you aren't

Advanced Paganism, Meditation
          and Books Forum Guide
          and also a writer for MW Magazine

Serenity is not freedom from the storm..it is peace during the storm

:fpraise: many thanks to Patriciaj for great banner

Its your life..live it as you like

myspace.com/Mydnitejazmine

my covens site
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/archaic_silvermoon/

Comment

I say go mother nature! i do hate seeing people getting killed

Thank you bbnflpn for my wonderful banner! *hugs*

MySpace

Queen of the dark cookie corner! - Cassie

i have been ghosted by la tortuga!

Close packmates with aluokaloo, Ancient Wisdom, Zelan, bbnflpn

Comment

I too feel that we are in a time of immense transition. I don't however think that mother nature is doing it out of a sense of vengeance, or with a conscious thought of "cleansing" or any of that. I don't know why this is all happening. But I liken it to the "Tower" in the Tarot. When people see the Tower card, it looks pretty disasterous, and pretty dark, and scary. But what I tell people, is that of course, for any transition to happen, it is difficult, and painful, and frightening. But think of a forest, a few years after a Forest Fire. Or the black sand beaches of Hawaii, which are that way due to volcanic residue... Beauty comes out of the most terrifying of times.. the change is never easy, but what is on the other side, is usually quite beautiful. The trick, is to be caring and compassionate to eachother, while undergoing the change.

My prayers and thoughts are with all who are being effected by all of these disasters.
              Lucas Michael, you are with me still. Not a day will go by that I won't remember. Lucas Michael Demascena con. 5/15, dec. 6/29. Wait for me.

Forum Guide- History Forum

Comment

I don't quite believe that Mother Nature is doing all of this as a source of revenge. If she was, then she'd direct the killer storms and such towards the areas where the most damage is happening. But that's just me.

Comment

I agree and feel deep sorrow for those affected by these events, but I feel we should be viewing all this as a wake up call. I think things are changing and a lot of it is out of our control, I feel that with all the death and destruction we are seeing in natural events, we should curtail the death and destruction caused by our own petty battles.

(\_/)
                  (O.o)
                  (> <)
                  AAaaarrggh, the bunny is now in my signature too.
                  Thanks Faeawyn for my wonderful banners
                  Thanks WynnJera for my previous, now safely stored Avatar

Comment

I don't think these things are happening because Mother Nature is out for revenge. This planet is always in motion, its moving and changing, and then things happen. Hurricanes, earthquakes, and other natural disasters happened before there were people and they will continue after the people are gone.
                    There Is No Such Thing As Too Many Cats
                    My Cats Are The Boss Of Me

Comment

I just had a thought that maybe should have been included in my original post. The way that humankind has been clearcutting forests and causing so much air pollution, it is my opinion that we are causing a change in the natural cycles and aiding in global warming. Hence, warming up the oceans gives naturally occurring hurricanes more "juice." As for other events, I'm not sure that humans may have too much influence on the natural movement of the tectonic plates and such, and I agree that these have been happening for millennia, though what strikes me is the fact that these have happened all so close together. Again, just my opinion.

Have no fear, tis I!

Comment

You know...many who are posting that "this is a wake up call" should think back to when Jerry Falwell blamed 9/11 on "Pagans, Gays and Hippies" or whatever it was he said... noone liked to hear that. Because it wasn't fair. I don't think people deserve travesty, and tragedy. No matter what. There are certainly people abusing this earth, but are the children who die in these tragedies responsible for the actions of those who are abusing the planet? Think people... I think Mother Nature is a little more compassionate and wise than we give her credit for. Tragedies happen, I'm sure she has a greater plan. But I don't think she is doing it with a feeling of anger or retribution. Remember, the people who are dying in these tragedies, are being enveloped in her arms.."Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust.".

*edited to add.

I think it's one thing to have a discussion or debate over global warming/ pollution, overpopulation adding to scientific causes behind these disasters, but another to imply that mother nature is trying to get "back at people" for her troubles.
                        Last edited by Danustouch; October 10th, 2005, 02:01 PM.
                        Lucas Michael, you are with me still. Not a day will go by that I won't remember. Lucas Michael Demascena con. 5/15, dec. 6/29. Wait for me.

Forum Guide- History Forum

Comment

It is hard to say why Mother Gaia is doing what she is doing. Everyone has an opinion. My take is this...There are four times a year at each season change when there is what I call a recall of spirirts back to the Summerlands. This year it is coming as natural disasters. It is not evil, it is not from anyone sinning. It is just the way things are. That is MHO. And now to get more coffee.

BB
                          DS.

Comment

I think it is all part of a natural transition which has been made worse by human disrespect for nature. However it seems to me the people suffering the most at the moment (And there are far too many in impossible hardship) are the least guilty of all.
                            Over twenty thousand dead in South Asia, tens of thousands affected by floods and landslides in Central America, similar tradgedies recently in New Orleans and China, and some of the poorest countries of the world still recovering from the tsunami. Not to mention the ongoing food and poverty crisis in Africa.
                            I can't say 'Go Mother Nature' when so many innocents are having their lives destroyed.
                            😈 "It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful." Anton LaVey 😈

Comment

When I say "striking back," it wasn't to imply that She wants to have revenge on ALL that are in Her path. I was implying the people who think it's ok to drill, clearcut, pollute, etc. without thinking that there will be ramifications. Not to mention, I just wanted to see how people felt about this. I also didn't want to take up an entire page with my beliefs on the environment, as you may ask those who know me, it would take up more space than offered here for me to make a point on what I believe is happening.
                              Last edited by Pagan Mantis; October 10th, 2005, 02:06 PM.

Have no fear, tis I!

Comment

Working...
                              X