No announcement yet.

Mother Nature is Kicking Some Tail!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see this strictly as a POV thread. It is what makes this place so good. You can do that. I have enjoyed reading in here. Gaia is going to do what ever She is going to do and She is not going to ask permission when She does.

BB
    DS.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonsinger
      I see this strictly as a POV thread. It is what makes this place so good. You can do that. I have enjoyed reading in here. Gaia is going to do what ever She is going to do and She is not going to ask permission when She does.

BB
      DS.
      Since I felt the need to delete my previous post, What is said here by Dragonsinger is a much nicer way of putting it. Thank you, you rock!

Scooter- 4/11/94 to 10/15/05
      Have no fear, tis I!
      To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering.
      "Life is not about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself!"

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbh Nathroch
        The planet does what it does, that’s it. It’s not an attack, it’s not personal, its normal and it’s just the way the planet works.

I would doubt that natural occurrences that annoy us, natural disasters…oooo, are happening more frequently than normal. We are just getting better at documenting and communicating it. I’m not saying that we aren’t in a time of more weather and plate activity, we might be, but that high and low activity is a cycle and that cycle will continue. Some generations have it easy others have to put up with “IT”S THE END OF THE WORLD!!!!” every other week.

Truth is that even a polar shift is perfectly survivable for 60% of the population, plague and meteors are survivable too. Maybe not for you personally.
        Hear hear!
        Xentor, your friendly-neighbourhood Checkerist
        Contact me | The Dialogues on Checkerism

Comment

I think these are random occurances because these types of disasters have happened before around 100 years ago and I'm sure even before that too.

Comment

Originally posted by Storm Moon
            I think these are random occurances because these types of disasters have happened before around 100 years ago and I'm sure even before that too.

End of the world? Natural disasters.
            Xentor, your friendly-neighbourhood Checkerist
            Contact me | The Dialogues on Checkerism

Comment

Thanks everyone! This poll is really close. Glad to see so many different opinions, all wonderful, and all have great points that I must say I agree with something in every post.

Have no fear, tis I!

Comment

Youre welcome!!

BB
                DS.

Comment

Has Had Enough? Now semantics ain't a strong point with me but she's gonna keep getting more and more POed and I don't think man has the ability to stop her.

Yeah it's only going to get worse and I'm sorry but 2 words come to mind.

Justified Retribution!!! You GO mom! Oh and mankind? Better get your head out of ...ahem, the sand while you still can.

Peace
                  Last edited by Twig; October 13th, 2005, 02:56 PM.
                  Its Edna the Stunt Double. "Help, I've fallen and I have no legs!"[/FONT]
                  Yesterday is but a memory.
                  Tomorrow? But a dream.
                  You can only live for Today.
                  So make today a yesterday worth remembering fondly tomorrow! (c)

Click HERE to enter Paxglade Valley!!!
                  YahooIM...twigjatmetacrawler
                  Official Crazy Old Man of MW!

AKA Mad Jack Cash - Bard on the Loose

Comment

I here tell its the comming of the age of the fey

(\_/)
                    (O.o)
                    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination

Comment

Makes me think of TOOL. Learn to swim, learn to swim, learn to swim.....
                      "I'm the commander — see, I don't need to explain — I do not need to explain why I say things. That's the interesting thing about being president." —as quoted in Bob Woodward's Bush at War

Comment

Mother Nature could care less about who's on her "side". If masses of people die from her raging, then masses of people die - regardless of which ones of those people were on her "side".

sigpic

So... it's wrong to promote harm against one another here, but it's perfectly fine to promote harm here?

Comment

Mother Nature is simply a figure of speech. "She" is not a living entity in my opinion.

We are overdue for another ice age, weather patterns change. Man may have had something to do with supposed "global warming" OR it's just happening to get warmer for a few thousand years.

Other than being an interesting footnote to me, it doesn't matter. Rats, cockroaches, and man will still be here. Those three species are the most adaptable on the planet and live in every environment.

The only reason to revere nature is for our own comfort and survival. Respect nature because the planet smells nicer...crude, but true.

The Cowdragon
                          Grrr...Mooo.

Artist= what someone with no musical talent calls themselves now days.
                          Sampling= what "artists" do when they steal good songs and call it their own.

Heathen

Proud father of 3 wonderful children!!! Yippee!

"Are you always a pontificating ass?" - Little Billy

Comment

Dammit, why won't the aliens come and blow us all to hell...

sigpic

So... it's wrong to promote harm against one another here, but it's perfectly fine to promote harm here?

Comment

I don't nessisarily think Mother Earth is out for revenge, we are her children after all, but like all good mothers, I think she's seeking to restore balance. We've gotten out fo hand and equilibrium must be restored. It is unfortunate for those suffering , and I hope every survivor has the strength and courage to carry on. But I do think it's time we got our heads out of our collective butts....(wait, that didn't sound right)

Girlscout: "Would you like to buy some cookies?"
                              Door to door Xian: "Excuse me, have you heard the Good News?"
                              Scooby: "Yeah! There's COOKIES!"
                              -Scooby Doo2

Comment

Again, I must agree with most of what has been said here. I just don't like seeing all of the beautiful landscapes and habitats around here being destroyed so some money monger may get richer, while the diversity of our planet goes straight to hell. Along the lines of aliens blowing us up, that would be hilarious, but then, who would they have to keep the experiment going?

Have no fear, tis I!

Comment

Working...
                                X