Mother nature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother nature

Do you believe Mother nature/Gaia is a sentinent being or just a planet. I believe she is sentinent and has her own feelings, thoughts, etc but they'd be completly different to ours. Also what do you think would happen to her when the Sun dies out, do you think Mother Earth would survive in a spiritual form or when the planet goes, would she be gone.
    Yes, (how?)
    42.86%
    No (why)
    21.43%
    Maybe
    25.00%
    Other (what)
    10.71%

I believe She is one of the many Creator deities.
    Crying "cherry-picking!" with one breath and "diversity!" with the next doesn't work either.~brymble
    "Sometimes the Light at the End of the Tunnel is really a Cranky Dragon waiting to roast your ass!"

In Darkness I Know Myself

Close friends with: Yarrow Elfglow, Czechwoods, Rudas Starblaze, Stormbeard, Philosophia, The Woman Monster, Rick and Elise, Sacred Sin David19.....

Comment

How could she not be? She has feelings, She has life. I don't know how to really articulate this.

We all come from the Goddess and to her we will return.
      Clearing in the forest, my alter
      Mysticwicks Candle Altar
      Doll on the hill factory
      Myspace

Energy Request.

I know there's a hell- I work in retail!!!

Comment

I think the earth/Gaia is semi-sentient at the very least but experiences time and feelings differently than we do. Like Star Belfire wrote, this is something difficult to articulate.
        Banner by WynnJera
        Wherever you go there you are

Comment

Sentient, though possibly not in any way that we can understand because we are still of this human species and have a long way to go, evolutionarily speaking. What will happen to the planet when it dies? It'll be reborn like everything else. If the planet has learned what it is supposed to learn this lifetime, it'll be reborn in a more complex form. If not, it'll do all this crap again.
          The monkey formerly known as semicivilizedman.

Comment

A different level of conciousness perhaps?

Comment

Sentient, but with a different sort of consciousness than humans have. Like, it is obvious that hawks "think" in some way, and have awareness, but it is hawk awareness. And even chemicals "know" somehow, on some level to react with other chemicals. So there are other types of knowing besides the chatty one that takes place in my head 24/7. Sometimes I get a glimpse of it myself, I experience awareness, however briefly of a different kind of knowing that takes place inside me.

I think there is some level/type of consciousness that all things have in common that allows them to interact. Like some common language...

cheddar
              In a love affair with sunshine

Live this day like an altar to what you believe

Comment

I just consider her like gaia or mother earth.

Comment

I truly believe that Mother Nature is a life force of sorts. She has her moments, as all of us do, though her moods are shown by the weather... in my opinion. If we could all treat her as a Mother, I think things would start looking more up than down. She definitely deserves the respect of a Mother!

Scooter- 4/11/94 to 10/15/05
                  Have no fear, tis I!
                  To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering.
                  "Life is not about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself!"

Comment

Since the the sun is too small to go "super nova" it will expand as it uses the last of its core hydrogen. The outer layers of gas will swallow some inner planets and probably Earth. Even if the earth survives this stage, it will not have enough heat afterwards to sustain life and the Earth mother will fade away into the night...

But this won't happen for another 4 to 5 billion years so in the eyes of a human, that is almost immortal.

Long story short, she's a sentient being.
                    Last edited by Fire's Shadow; December 4th, 2005, 08:44 PM.
                    -Fire's Shadow
                    Formerly known as Fire Sage

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
                    -- Voltaire

Why should gays be afforded the rights of marriage? Click here for reasons why.

Comment

I never know how to reply to this. If Mother Nature exists, she isn't one of my gods. I believe that the divine is in everything and therefore the earth is divine. Is the earth is a god(dess)? If so, beyond my ken.

Comment

I believe nature to be but a symptom of life. Life is in anything with energy (at least). But not every living being is sentient.

If we view Gaia as the Earth Mother, a creator goddess commonly expressed as our own planet, we have no choice but to assume she's sentient. It isn't possible to be a creator without having some sense. It isn't possible to be a goddess without having more influence than the beings around you. To gain more influence on a lasting basis, one needs to be a sentient, living being.
                        Xentor, your friendly-neighbourhood Checkerist
                        Contact me | The Dialogues on Checkerism

Comment

I view the Earth not as a sentient being, but as being created by the Divine and having (like with all of Creation) Divine energies in a form that is purer to what they were when everything was created than the Divine energies that lie in sentient beings like us. I think sentience causes the ability to manipulate and change the Divine energies, though with something as big as the Earth I also feel that when something sentient isn't messing with the energies that they will revert back to their natural state (that energy state they were in when Creation occured).
                          http://avalonrisen.mithrilstar.org/ For your Pagan/Druid/Wiccan shopping needs. Proceeds help in efforts to prevent overlogging of the sacred Costal Redwood

Dryad's Realm: a vision for a wonderful alternative camping experience Woo hoo! The link is working now! Check it out!

"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind." - Albert Einstein

One cannot learn the truth when one has already decided what the truth is

Comment

I view her as a sentient being, but feel that it's not possible for humans to fully grasp and understand the nature of her thought processes.
                            www.erisbarandgrill.com/forum/index.php

www.sssbella.com

Comment

Working...
                            X