Persophone On The WhiteHouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Persophone On The WhiteHouse

So, in this 'Nation Under God' which so many people assume referes to the christian God, what is persophone doing on top of the Whitehouse. Suposedly it was originaly suposed to be the Virgin Mary.

I supose there's the whole freemason theroy, along with the pentagon and pyrimids on the dollar bills, but wouldn't a statue of a greek goddess raise questions going up?
    I have nothing to say in this 'bottom of the post' thingy.

I love the Greek Pantheon but I had no clue that Persephone was on the White House lol..

Comment

that she is, if you look at a picture of it she's at the top center. Kinda like she's looking out over everything around the whitehouse. If you look at a 20$ she's right where the flag is in the picture on the back of it.

You could say that it looks more like a nation under persophone from where she stands. If I were standing there I know that's what I would be thinking.

Comment

Umm dear...look at History...Its called NeoClassical. Many Classical figures appear as statues through out America and the world, I mean look at Lady Justice herself...I dont think theres any real conspiracy or what not and I dont think it has anything to do with Paganism. If you look at early Republic of America architecture and it mimics Roman Classical architecture. This Im sure is due to the fact that Rome was a Republic...and Athens also were the first republics and these styles were quite popular at the time. As for Persephone, well Im sure it again has soemthing to do with taste...besides, figures from classical mythology are not seen in the western world to be religious anymore, more archetypes from one of the great civilizations that gave us so many of our political and social customs and ideas.

Namaste

Tobias

असतोमा सद्गमय। तमसोमा ज्योतिर् गमया।
        मृत्योर्मामृतं गमय॥
        ॐ Om Asatoma Sadgamaya, Tamasoma Jyoti Gamaya, Mrityoma Amritam Gamaya ॐ

Comment

does someone want to find a picture and circle it on paint or something? i'm half blind or something, i keep staring at pictures, towards the top, and i'm seeing nothing... anyways, the architecture of the white house is based on roman architecture anyways, it would make sense for a statue of a roman goddess (Proserpina, in this case), to be included in the decor...

Comment

Ok here are two pics front and back of the white house...where does she supposedly stand?

Here's the link for the pic of the opposing side...we can't upload bmps. and thats what this one is but it lets you zoom in really well.
            http://english.epochtimes.com/news_i...hite-house.jpg

"Keep away from small people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." --Mark Twain

If having a deep disdain for entertaining the cerebrally challenged in politics makes one a bigot than the Queen Bigot am I. :crown:

If you search for the laws of harmony, you will find knowledge
            ~temple wall in Luxor~

Comment

Heres an articles on it http://www.motherjones.ca/
              Facebook::Witch blog::Book Blog
              Gods and Goddesses, Paths: Dianic & Goddess Witchcraft, Theology & Philosophy, Just Current Events, and Political Pagan Forum Guide.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha

Question everything.

Comment

wow...the writer of that does go into depth...but I can certainly see why Persephone would be chosen to represent Freedom, just as Liberteria would be chosen to stand in the New York harbour . But I still don't udnerstand what the point is...so what, you have Roman and Greek figues all over the place because it basicly set up Western society...

Namaste

Tobias

ooo p.s. Introducing Sri Chandi <<< my new Avatar...:D
                Last edited by BenSt; January 4th, 2006, 01:41 AM.

मृत्योर्मामृतं गमय॥

Comment

I agree with you, Galadraal (nice avatar, btw. Who is Sri Chandi?)
                  IMO, the use of Roman mythological statues isn't a religious issue, instead its a symbolic representation of what the actual figurines mean. For example, read this article about Goddess of Liberty and what she represents.
                  Facebook::Witch blog::Book Blog
                  Gods and Goddesses, Paths: Dianic & Goddess Witchcraft, Theology & Philosophy, Just Current Events, and Political Pagan Forum Guide.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha

Question everything.

Comment

A HA its the capitol building NOT the white house... Well that helps now doesn't it? I thought I was loosin' it for a second, and then I thought I was blind...

Thank you for posting the motherjones link...THAT clears it up. :cheers:

"Keep away from small people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." --Mark Twain

If having a deep disdain for entertaining the cerebrally challenged in politics makes one a bigot than the Queen Bigot am I. :crown:

~temple wall in Luxor~

Comment

"Her historical name is Persephone. She stands atop the United States Capitol Building in Washington, D.C. The act of standing upon property is an aggressive legal demonstration. Your lawyer will tell you that standing upon a thing is an ultimate proof of ownership in adverse possession. Persephone, with the ancient pagan heritage she embodies, quite literally….owns the entire facility she crowns. The United States Congress belongs to her. " --snipped--
                      --from the article linked by Athene..

Well now THAT explains alot...I mean if Persephone spends half the year in the Underworld with Hades I bet she must take Congress with her there too...*snicker*
                      Last edited by HetHert; January 4th, 2006, 03:03 AM.

~temple wall in Luxor~

Comment

aaooww, I dicked that up, my bad.

But as Hethert pointed out it's standing on top center of the Capitol building that's odd. I don't personaly think it's a conspiricy, just freemasons leaving their mark again. What I find really odd though is that no one said anything in a country full of fundementalists. Nobody was a little bit perturbed to a pagan Goddess standing in a position of dominance and ownership of such a key place as the US capitol, almost as if to imply that she dominates the whole country. I doubt the freemasons putting her there would see it that way but wouldn't most of the common christians of the time? One nation under Persophone?

Comment

I think If you asked your average christian who this is a statue of they'd just say "Some roman lady..." or something along those lines. I honestly think they wouldn't even know or care.

Comment

The thing with anything Roman or Greek...anything to do with the gods of those civilizations is not perceieved to be religious...they dont poercieve them to be Gods and since they were not demonized by the Church, they are tolerated. Since many Greek things were then coopted to Christianity, the art and literature were used.

Namaste

Tobias

मृत्योर्मामृतं गमय॥

Comment

Working...
                            X