Clear All

Hail Xentor?
    I don't think so.
    Hail mol.

:hailmol:
    Xentor, your friendly-neighbourhood Checkerist
    Contact me | The Dialogues on Checkerism

Comment

What's the matter? You afriad of a promotion? Or don'T you want the responsibilty?

Comment

Agree? Maybe...

I believe that we, as humans, did not create God/desses. The whole question of creationism revolves around this. However, based solely on opinion will you find your answers. There is no "proof" to show that God/desses exist. Nevertheless, there is no "proof" that God/desses don't exist. How could we create God/desses? Just a figment of our imaginations? Or solely because we need to create some kind of otherworldly protection? If one questions how "we" got here in the first place, how "we" came to be, then one can only produce what we refer to as God/desses. If the Big Bang Theory is what comes to mind, then how did the molecules and the universe itself begin? There are many loopholes in that theory. Overall, God/desses must exist - otherwise, most of the human population would feel very much lost, without purpose. When saying that though, God/desses look to be very much our own creations. So, do I agree or disagree? Who knows...
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~Never Trust a Naked Bus Driver~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Who created whom was created by who?

What came first, The Gods or the realm of their habitation? After all, the Gods must be or exist or dwell somewhere,is it not? If the Gods exist nowhere but in my mind, they still exist somewhere. There is a greater distance between my two ears than there is in all of the great expance of the cosmos, and all of it is an equally empty space.

Comment

Originally posted by Seamus MacNemi
            What came first, The Gods or the realm of their habitation? After all, the Gods must be or exist or dwell somewhere,is it not? If the Gods exist nowhere but in my mind, they still exist somewhere.
            Why must deity reside in a place? Coud he/she/it not simply exist without the limited constraint of location imposed by us?

There is a greater distance between my two ears than there is in all of the great expance of the cosmos, and all of it is an equally empty space.
            Wait a second...did you just call yourself an airhead? :D

Comment

The PLACE of the Gods, if there is one

The all pervasive beingness that some of us have the temerity to call God
              must assuredly exist. That we know from our own experience. But where does our experience exist but in our own minds? If it did not exist there, where would it exist? I cannot, for the life of me, concieve of a subjective experience outside of my own mind. That place, for me, is where the Gods dwell. I would concede that Diety is a totally subjective experience for all of us, bur it is an experience that most of us agree upon. Why else would we be having this conversation?

Comment

maybe when people complete the cycle of reincarnation they join together and become gods.

just a silly little thought.

Comment

Who , who created? who created what?

I'm sorry but I'm having a bit of trouble with my PC

:
                  I can't think of an answer right now :

Comment

The all pervasive beingness that some of us have the temerity to call God
                    must assuredly exist. That we know from our own experience. But where does our experience exist but in our own minds? If it did not exist there, where would it exist? I cannot, for the life of me, concieve of a subjective experience outside of my own mind. That place, for me, is where the Gods dwell. I would concede that Diety is a totally subjective experience for all of us, bur it is an experience that most of us agree upon. Why else would we be having this conversation?
                    Well, there's no way of knowing whether deity exists or not. We choose to believe that it does, based on our view of the universe. But that doesn't make it a foregone conclusion.

If deity does exist, however, it surely exists in a manner far too complicated for our puny brains to understand (consciously). Therefore, as you say, deity is what our limited subjective experience tells us deity is. That doesn't make it wrong, but it does make all of our answers limited in a way.
                    Ben Trismegistus
                    Super-Cool Retired Admin Type

R-E-S-P-E-C-T. Find out what it means to me. Click here.

Check out my former rock band, Wayward Sun!

Comment

Who created?

Were any of us or was any thing created? Or is our use of the word "CREATED " simply a convenient lever for lack of a better term or definition? Could it be possible that we exploded into being? Or that we just BECAME as part of an original beingness much as an omoeba simply divides to proliferate? If the latter is true, could it not be possible that we all contain some of the original substance of our first progenitor? Is it possible that that is the way in which we "KNOW" any thing about Diety?

Comment

Were any of us or was any thing created? Or is our use of the word "CREATED " simply a convenient lever for lack of a better term or definition? Could it be possible that we exploded into being? Or that we just BECAME as part of an original beingness much as an omoeba simply divides to proliferate? If the latter is true, could it not be possible that we all contain some of the original substance of our first progenitor? Is it possible that that is the way in which we "KNOW" any thing about Diety?
                        Well, it depends on how deep you want to get. If you believe the physicists, matter (and energy) cannot be created or destroyed -- it can only be shuffled around. So therefore, while whatever makes us "us" was created somehow, the atoms that make up our physical bodies have existed for all time (or at least since the Big Bang, since we have no way of knowing what happened before then). So yes, it's possible that we KNOW something on a cellular level that our conscious minds cannot assimilate. It's entirely possible that the whole of human spirituality, in all its diversity, is simply a set of different interpretations of the "truth" that is manifesting through the collective unconscious. And the differences themselves are caused by our imperfect brains, which are only able to grasp a small portion of the truth. Like the story of the 5 blind men trying to identify an elephant (the man at the tail thinks he's found a snake, for instance), the theologies of Christianity, Wicca, Buddhism, etc. may only be vast oversimplifications of a universal truth.

How's that for deep?
                        Ben Trismegistus
                        Super-Cool Retired Admin Type

R-E-S-P-E-C-T. Find out what it means to me. Click here.

Check out my former rock band, Wayward Sun!

Comment

Answer to Ben Tresmagistrus, "How deep"?

It you accept the concepts put forward by the String Theorists, matter below the subatomic level does not exist. Everything is made up of Strings or coherent energy patterns vibrating at different frequencies.
                          Physicists are now looking at these concepts as a possible means of resolving mathematically the apparant conflicts in the theory of relativity.
                          At this level, it seems obvious that every thing is part of everything
                          else so the argument of Creator vs.Created becomes moot. Where does one draw the line to distinguish between one and the other?

Comment

Working...
                          X