Philosophy of Religion course

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philosophy of Religion course

I am in a Philosophy of Religion course. I believe that I may be the only Pagan in a group of devout Christians. We have our final paper and presentation due soon. Here is my thesis statement: Common Christian beliefs assert that there is only one God, and that God is generally referred to as a male-affiliated deity; however, Pagan, especially Wiccan belief systems regard a Higher Power as the All, an amalgamation of both male and female deity qualities that rule over designated elements and living organisms. So, my question is...Could someone please tell me his/her version of the creation story. Tell me exactly what you think occurred and what you think God/dess is. If you have any information regarding where I can find some type of scholarly reference for a Christian creationism vs. Pagan creationism, I would be forever in your debt. I REALLY hope that someone can help me. I have plenty of books to refer to, just no real people to get their input. Thanks so much for taking the time to read this. Thanks even more if you can help!
    Blessed be,
    AmberMystique
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~Never Trust a Naked Bus Driver~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Norse creation myth would be a great place to start:

About.com

I can't open another window to go back and forth, but a ton of sites came up in MSN search. You might also get a hold of a good mythology book and check the creation stories from other cultures. Many of them are related to paganism.

Personally, while I was raised Christian and am familiar with other stories, I really haven't formed much of an opinion because it's not important to me. I do believe that an immanent deity created us and the universe but I don't really care to worry about the technicalities.
    My adopted smilies:
    Joe and LaGina

I Proudly And Lovingly Accept This Banner On Behalf of Our Beloved Flar7 for his poem, "The Chase." It Was Truly How He Lived.

Come Dream With Me...

Oy! My Goddess! Creations
    COS9 is the Goddess of Banners!
    The Goddess Cafe

Well, I've got the message - stay among the living - Stevie Nicks

Comment

Working...
    X