This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derailed from "Female Genital Mutilation"

Yes when i wrote "this is a pagan website not a satanic one" it was hyperbolic. But it wasn't pejorative.

- Wiccan creed says harm none. satanism says harm whoever has it coming. Regardless of similarities, This makes it a polar opposite in my book. This is why i contrasted them. If there are satanists on this site, that is wonderful. From what i've been told ALL are welcome here, even christians. But that doesn't make it a satanic site any more than a catholic posting here makes it a catholic site.

As to ignorance, it is possible that i am ignorant in this, but i don't think so. More than likely i am simply wrong. If this is the case, show me where.

- yes satanism has assimilated aspects of paganism and other religions. But it is a modern invention with no historical roots. It is a reactionary "religion" created in opposition and defiance of other religions.
    - It is evil for the reasons i allready stated. If you call yourself a satanist you have chosen to brand yourself with the most evil character of all time, whether factual or fictional. This is not by accident. If you believe their tenets, but reject evil, call yourself a "Selfist" or something. One who claims to be a satanist, but only embraces good is either doublethinking or propagandizing .

-satanism is cultic only according to the definitions i posted. Yes, the word can connote other things. There are other definitions that apply to all religion. I didn't say anything other than what i said.

Satanism is not the only religion that believes: "harm whoever has it coming to them."

And while I can't be sure, not knowing much about Satanism, I'm not sure that is one of their principle tenants. *shrugs*

*goes off to look at the whole thing in context*
    Oh Noz Oppression!
    Because life is so much more exciting when you're being persecuted.

Easy English Grammar Lesson:

Your - the possessive form of you

You're - a contraction of "you are"

Comment

Originally posted by alyn
      But it is a modern invention with no historical roots. It is a reactionary "religion" created in opposition and defiance of other religions
      Evidently you've never heard of Martin Luther, or the Reformation. In addition, what does the age of a religion have to do with its validity?

Originally posted by alyn
      It is evil for the reasons i allready stated. If you call yourself a satanist you have chosen to brand yourself with the most evil character of all time, whether factual or fictional. This is not by accident. If you believe their tenets, but reject evil, call yourself a "Selfist" or something. One who claims to be a satanist, but only embraces good is either doublethinking or propagandizing
      Why does a Satanist need to conform to your misguided concept of what they should call themselves? Who knows more about what Satanism is--them, or you?

Alyn, I closed the FGM thread in the political forum because I considered your comments to be religious bashing.

I'm going to give you the same warning I gave you there: This is a forum, first and foremost, that respects all religious traditions. . . including Satanism. If you can't accept that, you can find another place to post this garbage because you will no longer be welcome here.

Faith is easy -- until the moment you actually need it.

"Since when are facts subjective?" - Athena_Nadine

"Turning and turning in the widening gyre
      The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
      Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
      Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
      The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
      The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
      The best lack all convictions, while the worst
      Are full of passionate intensity."

– W.B. Yeats, "The Second Coming"

Comment

Working...