This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• religion bashing

Alyn, I closed the FGM thread in the political forum because I considered your comments to be religious bashing.

I'm going to give you the same warning I gave you there: This is a forum, first and foremost, that respects all religious traditions. . . including Satanism. If you can't accept that, you can find another place to post this garbage because you will no longer be welcome here. "

1. At no time have i bashed any religion. The things i have stated about satanism have been positive, or neutral, or facts regarding themselves that they have published. If you are reading into my statements then that is your own fault. Also i have opened myself up to correction at several points.

2. You are speaking out of both sides of your mouth. My religious tradition states that civilized debate as to the nature of the universe and deity(s) is crucial to learning and growing. Yet you will not respect that. You seek to gag me for some reason, and i have been nothing but polite. If your knee-jerk reaction to critical thinking is typical on this site, then really there is no reason for me to be here anyway.

Just to clarify, here are the points I was trying to make, but i guess i will have to dumb it down a little.

1. Names have power.

If i organize a new religion, and call it Wonder Breadism it damm well has something to do with wonder bread, even if i deny it vehemently. The name and the power behind it shape the thing.

I know many satanists reject the biblical image of satan, and even claim to not believe in such a creature. However they still invoke the name and all the power behind it comes along. Real being or not, the name has spiritual energy. You cannot filter this energy. You don't get to choose what it means. All the power and its properties come with the evoking of the name.

For your information I have read some satanic literature, and have one friend who is a satanist. It is very true that this does not make me an expert. But neither am i ignorant on the subject. If you will read the first post of mine in the FGM thread, you will see me upholding one of their tenets, that harm is inevetable.

2. Words have meaning.

Many here understand the casting of the circle. But few apparently see the circles inherent to all things. There is a circle around this site. It does not allow pejorative or defamitory statements to be made about any person or group of people other than George Bush . To say that it is open to everyone is simply not true.

There is a circle around the wiccan tradition. It has parameters, even if they are very broad and loosely set. Common creeds and beliefs are typicaly rejected. Individual, and relativistic veiwpoints are encouraged. It is generally polytheistic, or pantheistic and somewhat animistic. Those who hold to beliefs that exclude these cannot accurately be called wiccans.

So then if you call a pentocostal a mormon, it is not true. Your innovative use of a word does not make it accurate. In the attempt to be 100 % relativistic, some loose the ability to communicate. They believe that every word means whatever one wants it to mean. If this is true, then these discussions are futile.

Quote phoenix blue
    Originally Posted by alyn
    This is a pagan website not a satanic one.

Here's a thought: when you pay the bills to run Mysticwicks, you can dictate what kind of website it is.

This is a website that does not tolerate bashing other religious paths, first and foremost. If you can't respect that, I or another admin will happily show you the door.

How was i dictating anything? Look at the banner "Online Pagan Community" I did not put that up you did. I have seen christians post here. Is it an online christian community? I have seen jews post here, Is it an online jewish community? Is there a difference between pagans and satanists? yes. I did not say they weren't welcome here. In fact i stated that it is wonderful that some are. Therefore my statement is 100% accurate. Please read what i post before you jerk your knee next time.
    Last edited by Alyn; November 18th, 2003, 08:01 PM.

Admin Mode - Again

Moderations are not subject to public debate. If you have an issue with a moderation, PM either the administrator who issued it or with mol.

This is the third time today I've closed one of your threads, and at least the third time you have acted aggressively toward another forum member. You've shown a flagrant disregard for the MysticWicks policy in the short time you have been here. Enough is enough.

Faith is easy -- until the moment you actually need it.

"Since when are facts subjective?" - Athena_Nadine

"Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all convictions, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity."

– W.B. Yeats, "The Second Coming"

Comment

From the FAQ:

1. No flaming or abuse of other members is allowed in the community.

2. No bashing of other religions or personal Paths is allowed in this community. Discussion of Paths is allowed and disagreement is also allowed but the act of telling someone a Path is ‘invalid or wrong’ (for example) is not allowed.
      I will add that telling someone a path is "evil" is also not allowed.

Additionally,

The owners of Mystic Wicks Online Pagan Community have the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason. PERIOD!
      No one will force you to sign onto MW, nor will anyone else make you disobey the policies to which you agree when you do sign up.

I don't make the rules, as I don't own the site. My job is simply to enforce the rules upon which this community is founded. The individual who does own the site leaves the actual creation of the forum rules open to input from the MW community. The members of this forum--the Pagans, the Christians, the Buddhists, the Athiests, and even the Satanists--continually give us suggestions on how they'd like to see the forum operated.

From the very beginning, the first and foremost rule has been respect. And that, you have violated flagrantly. You violated it in the political forum in your exchange with Marchosias; you've violated it elsewhere in the political forum prior to that exchange; and you've violated it twice in this forum today. People who can neither respect other members, other religious paths, or administrators are not welcome here.

PERIOD.

Faith is easy -- until the moment you actually need it.

"Since when are facts subjective?" - Athena_Nadine

"Turning and turning in the widening gyre
      The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
      Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
      Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
      The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
      The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
      The best lack all convictions, while the worst
      Are full of passionate intensity."

– W.B. Yeats, "The Second Coming"

Comment

Working...