Couple Things Ive Been Wondering...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morr
    You can ask any Rabbi you want. I promise you they will say that according to Judaism - Satan is NOT a fallen angel and the representation of evil.
    Hmm, I find this quite interesting. I'm thinking it puts a whole different spin on the temptation of Jesus found in the Gospel(s).
    Avatar is courtesy of the sun and some nifty filters. I believe it came from space.com.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk
      Hmm, I find this quite interesting. I'm thinking it puts a whole different spin on the temptation of Jesus found in the Gospel(s).
      No offence to any Christians out there, but Christianity today is a total contradiction to Jesus' teachings & herritage.. The fact is that he was a 1st century Judea, Jewish Rabbi - Who was a very spiritual & enlightened man. He had a vision of a reformed Judaism, he wanted to introduce new ideas & philosophies to Judaism. He was a leader, and he knew how to sway crowds and talk to them. But he was a victim of unforunate political prosecution.
      Thats all.

There are a lot of "copying" done from old testament stories to new testament stories:

1) Jesus spent 40 days in the desert where Satan supposedly tempted him - The jews, led by Moses were chilling in the desert for 40 years, being tempted to worship idols (the golden calf) and stray from the Jewish Faith.
      2) Aberaham having to sacrifice his only son - Issac. God sacrifices his only son - Jesus... Out of both sons come 2 great nations/religions - People of israel/Jews & Christianity.
      3) 12 Deciples = 12 Tribes of Israel.

Theres more, but I had a REALLY long day and I'm about to go to bed, so thinking at the moment really hurts my brain

His deciples after him totally changed around most of his teachings and that is a fact I know absolutely NO Christian would ever accept. But to each their own. In my opinion - You cant argue with historical proven facts. But if Christianity makes a believer a better person & a happier & more spiritually satisfied person: By all means worship Jesus.

Comment

Working...
      X