Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Life is the question...

Removed by post owner
    Last edited by Raconteuse; May 18th, 2011, 09:53 AM.

I don't think that death defines life. Nor do I think there is a specific answer to "why life", other than perhaps that the gods wanted us to be here. I just don't see a big mystery to life. You are here, be good, but the whole purpose/passion bit that gets thrown out by some new agers sound a lot like narcissism to me. I don't think that most people in the world would have the luxury to do what they want -- they simply have to survive. No one's purpose in life is to watch her kids die of easily treatable diseases, or to be a political prisoner, or to starve to death.

I won't say that for certain exceptional people, they're on Earth for a reason. Newton was on earth to reveal the physics of gravity. Einstein was here for a similar purpose, George Washington was here to give birth to a nation. But Joe Blow from Tennesse isn't here for specific duties -- he's here for mundane purposes.

Comment

I like it all, thumbs up. Keep posting things like this.

Probably you are fascinated by death, if you have done research like this on it.
      Does fascination for darkness follow in your case also( as for me)?
      Last edited by SacredNight; February 11th, 2011, 06:59 PM.
      This will be a good signature one day

Comment

Originally posted by Gladeflower View Post
        I like it all, thumbs up. Keep posting things like this.
        Thanks, sometimes my brain sprews somewhat intelligent ramblings. Mind you it is just a personal view, I'm still forming a new outlook of life and such and I don't expect an agreeance of any kind.

Comment

btw I added stuff in my last post.
          Last edited by SacredNight; February 11th, 2011, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Yes I do have a fascination with death and life equally. Who doesn't? Balances are interesting to me not really one more than another but as a whole. You can't understand one without understanding the other. I suppose I do have a bit of a fetish for the "darker" end of things :mmm:

Comment

Originally posted by Raconteuse View Post
              Who doesn't?
              okey, maybe everyone is fascinated by it. But im talking about that fascination which brings value with it, which makes death no longer a taboo.

Some might just revere death, but this other group might still threat death as unclean, and as a defect in nature, or as undesirable, or something which should be avoided, or whatever. Even if they feel the power of death.

Comment

Racon -
                Very deep and it really resonated with me. I love it! Please keep us up on whats happening in your brain, as I rather like it there. :D

Comment

there's a song on the radio that says, not everybody lives but everybody dies........ how true.

life is a process, confusing perhaps, but with one definate exit (death), no one escapes.

Comment

Working...
                  X