Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US man beats his baby to death while yelling "toughen up"

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/104...-baby-to-death

A US man yelled "toughen up" while punching his seven-month-old son to death, according to reports.

Larry Greene, 20, was arraigned in a New York court yesterday with a second-degree murder charge and could face a life sentence in prison if he is convicted.
    The baby, named Xiah, died on Tuesday night while Greene was babysitting him at his mother's house.

After the baby fell unconscious from the beating, Greene called 911 but Xiah could not be revived.
    Medical examiners said the child had bruises, which were consistent with knuckle marks, on his head and neck.

Police sources told US media that Greene flew into a rage when the child would not stop crying.
    According to prosecutors, Mr Greene was also upset that the baby preferred his mother.

"We're grieving right now," Pierre Nady, the victim's maternal grandfather, told NY Daily News.
    "Xiah was only seven months old — he was a cute little boy [and] he was loved."
    "Toughen up"... good grief. Just... urgh. That poor little boy.

It's the same symptoms of anger that cause Shaken Baby Syndrome. I think hospitals don't stress enough to people that it is ok to put a screaming baby in their room when you've reached your limit.

This is so sad.
    Now this is the Law of the Jungle - as old and as true as the Sky. And the Wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the Wolf that shall break it must die. As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack. ~ Rudyard Kipling

Comment

I've no problem with putting him in a prison cell with a 7ft tall anal rapist and letting nature take its course.
      “If you are going through hell, keep going." ~ Winston Churchill

"If someone gets into your house, which would you rather have, a handgun or a telephone? You can call the police if you want, and they'll get there, and they'll take a picture of your dead body. But they can't get there in time to save your life. The first line of defense is you." ~ Tom Palmer

"It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights – the "right" to education, the "right" to health care, the "right" to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery – hay and a barn for human cattle." ~ Alexis De Tocquiville

Comment

damn baby should have toughened up
        There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. H.L. Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by memnoch View Post
          I am so glad I wasn't the only one thinking that! Every time I see this thread thats the first thing that pops into my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by memnoch View Post
            This guy should be run over by a tank, and if he dies, well, its just because he didn't "toughen up".

"If someone gets into your house, which would you rather have, a handgun or a telephone? You can call the police if you want, and they'll get there, and they'll take a picture of your dead body. But they can't get there in time to save your life. The first line of defense is you." ~ Tom Palmer

"It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights – the "right" to education, the "right" to health care, the "right" to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery – hay and a barn for human cattle." ~ Alexis De Tocquiville

Comment

Ughhhhhhhhhhh...I hate reading stuff like this.

The sun is far away... It goes in circles.
              Someone dies.. Someone lives. In pain.
              It is burning, into the thin air;
              Of the nature, of a culture..
              On the dark side..
              Under the moon..
              the wolves gather..

Comment

I sense the hand of fate here...

On the one hand we have this story and on the other we have the story of the scrotom ripping pit bulls. Tailor made for greatness.

Comment

You know, my step-father used to tell me that Nicky needed to toughen up and that I shouldn't comfort him. Nicky was about 1 1/2 years old when he started that bs. He continued that line of crap until Nicky became a teenager. You know what? If the kid wants to be comforted or is crying, you're damn right I'm going to comfort him. Screw you, "He needs to toughen up". I'll toughen YOU up. ****er.

I have a 7 1/2 month old and though I know there are times where it's frustrating, I've never smacked her around. I don't understand how that logic works either... "If I hit the child, maybe they'll stop crying!" Moron. And of course the child likes mom more. I bet mom doesn't beat him up, and also is MOM. It's a BABY. Babies are supposed to like mom better!

I hope this guy FRIES.
                  Site Adminstrator, (Yes, really!)
                  Official Site Vixen, 100% Grade A Evil,
                  Cerebral Goddess and Jelly Donut!
                  subscribe to mw

Disciple #42 of Jodarius, the Random God of Thwaking.

"Even people who think they are dragons think you are crazy. How does that make you feel?"

Comment

Physically abusing a child will NEVER result in "toughening" them up. It will either kill them as we see here, or result in serious trauma or whatever that will haunt them for the rest of their lives.

I also want to say that this piece of shit should try picking on someone his own size. Beating an infant to death doesn't prove you are "big and tough". Let's see how "big and tough" he is in prison. Somehow I don't think prison inmates would be sympathetic to him for what he did to his own infant son. Let them know what he did, and let them mete out the justice.

Comment

Sigh. Reading stories like this just depresses me.

These children didn't ask to be born...the least we can do for them is be good parents.
                      "The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common:
                      instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views,
                      which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that need altering."

Comment

that is horrific

Please click on my eggs so they hatch!

Comment

Poor baby, and mama. So tragic.

Circa 1992: I had had a long night with my oldest daughter when she was 11 months old or so. My husband had come in late but when she got up again he offered to go take care of her and I exhaustedly agreed.

He took her to the kitchen and set her down while he was getting her something and she was crying and crying. I vaguely heard her crying through my haze of half-sleep, but then I heard him scream at her "WHAT THE F- DO YOU WANT!?! SHUT UP! I"M GETTING IT!!!!!"

I was out of bed like lightning, scooped baby on hip (instant silence). "Get out. Now. Don't ever come back. Your shit will be on the lawn in the morning and if you come back I'll have you arrested."

This is exactly the vision in my head when I heard him scream at her. I've never regretted my decision.
                          "He drew a circle that shut me out
                          Heretic, rebel, a thing to flout
                          But love and I had the wit to win;
                          We drew a circle that took him in."

-- Edwin Markham

Comment

I've reached my limits before. The baby keeps screaming, and screaming, and screaming, and you just can't take it anymore. So I put him in his crib. Gave him his stuff.... and then closed the door behind me.

I went into the bathroom, I ran some hot water, and i proceeded to rock myself in the tub to some sort of calm while sternly reminding myself that shaking a baby is bad. It won't shut them up.

Then I called a friend and begged her to come watch the baby for 2 hours. Just two. I'd go grocery shopping, I'd grab a book... and I would set my timer.
                            Now this is the Law of the Jungle - as old and as true as the Sky. And the Wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the Wolf that shall break it must die. As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack. ~ Rudyard Kipling

Comment

That really makes me mad, no wonder, the baby preferred his mother, especially with a dad like that.

I hope he suffers the worst cruelty in prison, and maybe the other prisoners will tell him to "toughen up".

Comment

Working...
                              X