Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bret Michaels in critical condition

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/cel...lized_wit.html

Seems he had a brain hemorrhage. I've always enjoyed his music, and have really started to like him as a person due to this seasons celebrity apprentice.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. H.L. Mencken

That sucks. Hope this is the last health issue for him for a bit, he's had his share for the year at least.
    Brought to you by the
    National Association For Addressing Prejudice Against Jackasses (NAFAPAJ).
    Not all witches are love and light, nor are they all hate and darkness.
    Some witches are just real mothers - like me.
    You cannot carve a beautiful sculpture in stone with loving strokes.
    It takes a hammer, a chisel, and a lot of aggression that needs converted.
    I am aware of how nasty I come across.
    If others have the right and freedom to be sweetness and light,
    I have the right to be spit and vinegar.

Comment

Originally posted by Terra Mater View Post
      That sucks. Hope this is the last health issue for him for a bit, he's had his share for the year at least.
      The wording of that may not be the best...considering it is very possible he could die from this
      There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. H.L. Mencken

Comment

Thats sad..he seems like an alright guy. My thoughts are with his family, friends, and fans...as well as a speedy recovery or an easy death.

Comment

According to TMZ:
          Bret Michaels is awake, in good spirits and talking...
          http://www.tmz.com/2010/04/23/bret-m...ble-condition/
          Also mentioned here:
          http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/163...michaels.jhtml

Comment

Originally posted by Agaliha View Post
            According to TMZ:

Also mentioned here:
            http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/163...michaels.jhtml
            That is awesome...I'm so happy to hear he is doing better

Comment

I am glad too. I always liked him as a singer and a "persona"
              Health&Beauty & Sports Forum Guide

Comment

Not Bret Michaels! *sends thoughts and energy to the poor guy for a full recovery*
                Crying "cherry-picking!" with one breath and "diversity!" with the next doesn't work either.~brymble
                "Sometimes the Light at the End of the Tunnel is really a Cranky Dragon waiting to roast your ass!"

In Darkness I Know Myself

Close friends with: Yarrow Elfglow, Czechwoods, Rudas Starblaze, Stormbeard, Philosophia, The Woman Monster, Rick and Elise, Sacred Sin David19.....

Comment

Like, WOW!
                  He's a cool dude...may he have a full recovery!
                  We are all just visitors to this earth!

Another fine banner by Catiana
                  (\_/) (\_/)
                  (O.o) ( _ )
                  (> <) ( o ) hopping away!
                  Green Room Forum Guide
                  The MW Kitchen Forum Guide
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by memnoch View Post
                    The wording of that may not be the best...considering it is very possible he could die from this
                    I got faith in some things man, and the death of this rock star this early is not something I am gonna even consider unless it happens.

I have known a lot of people that were in critical condition, a couple that even technically died, and they are still walking around today full of piss and vinegar. I am one of them myself.
                    Brought to you by the
                    National Association For Addressing Prejudice Against Jackasses (NAFAPAJ).
                    Not all witches are love and light, nor are they all hate and darkness.
                    Some witches are just real mothers - like me.
                    You cannot carve a beautiful sculpture in stone with loving strokes.
                    It takes a hammer, a chisel, and a lot of aggression that needs converted.
                    I am aware of how nasty I come across.
                    If others have the right and freedom to be sweetness and light,
                    I have the right to be spit and vinegar.

Comment

This guy isn't a wrestler? I don't much follow wrestling, but I know of Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels, so when I read the name "Bret Michaels" it kinda made me think of the WWE.
                      “If you are going through hell, keep going." ~ Winston Churchill

"If someone gets into your house, which would you rather have, a handgun or a telephone? You can call the police if you want, and they'll get there, and they'll take a picture of your dead body. But they can't get there in time to save your life. The first line of defense is you." ~ Tom Palmer

"It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights – the "right" to education, the "right" to health care, the "right" to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery – hay and a barn for human cattle." ~ Alexis De Tocquiville

Comment

I think Bret Michaels is an amazing singer... He has a wonderful voice in my opinion.

I will definitely keep him in my thoughts and prayers in hopes he makes a full recovery from this.
                        "The road to hell is paved with adverbs." - Stephen King.

"If a book has my name on it, I wrote it. Every word of it." ~Nora Roberts.

Comment

I sure hope he will be okay. Bret is an awesome singer and will be missed terribly if he doesn't pull through...
                          "Just when you think you've got me figured out the seasons already changing"~ Meredith Brooks

Comment

seems talk of his recovery is overrated. From his Facebook page today:

Everyone at Michaels Entertainment would like to thank all fans and friends for their continued thoughts and prayers through this difficult time.

At this point Bret remains in ICU in critical condition. He is under 24 hour doctors care and supervision. We are hopeful that further tests will locate the source of the bleeding, which has still not been located. As we all know Bret is a fighter and we are hopeful that once all is complete the slurred speech, blurred vision and dizziness, etc. will be eliminated and all functions will return to normal.

More information will be posted as it becomes available.

http://www.facebook.com/notes.php?id=42549466543

Comment

Given the location and seriousness of this type of bleed, I'm not surprised he has any of those issues. What is something to keep in mind is that many people with this type of bleed, have delayed death... I think I read like after a few months, more bleeding can occur. Though it is a good sign he survived the initial bleed.

I'm not what I'd call a fan of his, but he does seem like a nice guy (from what I've seen on Celeb Apprentice) and I hope he recovers.

Comment

Working...
                              X