No announcement yet.

Makes me *%^$& sick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The link is not working for me, but I can only assume you are talking about Jessica Lunsford. If so, I can understand why Findarto responded that way; this saga has been on the news every day since her abduction. Those of us that are fairly local to the situation are just sick of listening to it...Not because we are not sensitive to what happened, but because the ass should have been dead by now. AND because there have been thousands of children abducted since her, and yet, no one seems to care about them.

The death of this little girl is especially sickening to me because I have a daughter the same age. I do not see little Jessica in that trash bag trying to escape, I see my daughter. It's revolting, the image literally makes my stomach turn. Cooey needs to die the same death. However, I am equally appalled that so many other children that have suffered similar fates, are completely unknown. Why are they or their story less important.
    Last edited by Lyrien; March 11th, 2007, 11:25 AM.

Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful. ~~Buddha
    Me

Comment

I have a simple fix for the system....If you are found guilty by a jury of your peers, and it is more than a couple of kids the wrong ages (boy 19, girl 16 or whatever the ages of concent are now), but is a true sexual offense, you get the following:

1. Nailed to a stump by a very important part of the anatomy used to perform the act.
      2. Kicked over by a very large person, kicked hard enough to ensure said nail rips out.
      3. A tattoo on your forehead explaining your crime, ie "I raped a 4 y/o child/woman" etc.
      4. Turned loose in the general public.

I do believe that there are a handful of people in the nation who would be more than willing to find a stump, and even pay for the nails and hammer. I personally know at least 2 tattoo artists who said that if this ever became a law, they would volunteer their time. How's that for solving a problem, saving the gov't money, and reducing jail crowding?

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow Dreamer View Post
        I have a simple fix for the system....If you are found guilty by a jury of your peers, and it is more than a couple of kids the wrong ages (boy 19, girl 16 or whatever the ages of concent are now), but is a true sexual offense, you get the following:

1. Nailed to a stump by a very important part of the anatomy used to perform the act.
        2. Kicked over by a very large person, kicked hard enough to ensure said nail rips out.
        3. A tattoo on your forehead explaining your crime, ie "I raped a 4 y/o child/woman" etc.

I do believe that there are a handful of people in the nation who would be more than willing to find a stump, and even pay for the nails and hammer. I personally know at least 2 tattoo artists who said that if this ever became a law, they would volunteer their time. How's that for solving a problem, saving the gov't money, and reducing jail crowding?
        Hey, I like it.
        Please do not "fix" my posts. If you disagree
        with what I have to say, then by all means
        disagree. But please leave my posts as I type
        them. Thank you

Independant Avon Representative

Annoying the world, one person at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow Dreamer View Post

I think we can have a civil discussion without suggesting such a disgusting, barbaric act. Someone else's hideous actions do not excuse us to act like animals as well.

sigpic

So... it's wrong to promote harm against one another here, but it's perfectly fine to promote harm here?

Comment

Originally posted by 9-2-2 View Post
            I think we can have a civil discussion without suggesting such a disgusting, barbaric act. Someone else's hideous actions do not excuse us to act like animals as well.
            *shrugs* I still like it.
            them. Thank you

Comment

Oh, but you see, we are animals. We're just equipped with enough false modesty not to sate out 'barbaric' desires.

The ones who do are often the murderers, child molesters, etc etc. The rest of us just have some form of control over the animal, but we still are the animal regardless.

Thats why we survived so long, we hunt or be hunted. *shrug*

About the girl: Thats sad. I, being in Australia hadn't actually heard about it before.

The opposite of the religious fanatic is not the fanatical atheist but the gentle cynic who cares not whether there is a god or not. - Eric Hoffer

< Click me to help me grow!
              +==================+
              Other Places I Live:
              last.fm | Insanejournal | Crowned Meadow | Wordpress.com | Youtube | Ficwad | deviantART
              +==================+

I respect faith, but doubt is what gets you an education. - Wilson Mizner

Comment

We are animals.

Comment

Just because we are something, doesn't mean we have to act that way.
                  Last edited by DarkDancer; March 12th, 2007, 04:20 PM. Reason: typo's

"It's sad, but the average American would not know how to question authority if it were on the other end of a knock knock joke."

Paul Gilmartin

"The Earth is the cradle of humanity, but mankind cannot stay in the cradle forever."

Konstantin Tsiolkovsky

Comment

Oh but we do, and that's the point, really. Look around, look in the media. We are animals and we do act like them.

Besides. I've always liked animals more then people.

The opposite of the religious fanatic is not the fanatical atheist but the gentle cynic who cares not whether there is a god or not. - Eric Hoffer

< Click me to help me grow!
                    +==================+
                    Other Places I Live:
                    last.fm | Insanejournal | Crowned Meadow | Wordpress.com | Youtube | Ficwad | deviantART
                    +==================+

I respect faith, but doubt is what gets you an education. - Wilson Mizner

Comment

First of all remember, that this is a furry speaking. Many animal qualities are commendable and should be emulated. Not all of them however. I'd like to imagine that we became civilized for a reason. I would prefer not to lower myself to that level.

"It's sad, but the average American would not know how to question authority if it were on the other end of a knock knock joke."

Paul Gilmartin

"The Earth is the cradle of humanity, but mankind cannot stay in the cradle forever."

Konstantin Tsiolkovsky

Comment

Wow. This is even funnier than I could have ever imagined. "We ARE animals." "I still like it." Maybe I am misunderstanding what is being said, but, are we trying to excuse torture on a criminal if said criminal commits a crime? I've seen the silly trend of "let's-butcher-the-criminals!" perpetuate itself on this board. It's sick, plain and simple. If this is the case, then there are many speeders, traffic violators, and shoplifters that need to be dismembered. /sarcasm

Cop: "Excuse me ma'am, you're only 15 and drinking beer. That is well under the legal age for consumption of alcohol. The law requires you be disemboweled immediately."
                        Kid: "But I'm only 15!"

Just my 2 cents.

sigpic

So... it's wrong to promote harm against one another here, but it's perfectly fine to promote harm here?

Comment

It doesn't matter if we are animals or not, torture is unacceptable...period.

What will torturing another person, even a pedophile, going to achieve? A smug sense of self satisfaction?

I hate pedophiles as much as most do but I cannot support any type of torture. They usually get that anyway without anybody having to do it for them. If we are meant to be better than the criminals, they we should act better. Otherwise, we're nothing more than criminals ourselves.

What distinguishes us from animals is the ability to have a conscience and morals. It stops us from following our primal instincts.

In this story, I feel incredibly sorry for the victim. The amount of time it took for this man to be found guilty is disgusting.
                          Facebook::Witch blog::Book Blog
                          Gods and Goddesses, Paths: Dianic & Goddess Witchcraft, Theology & Philosophy, Just Current Events, and Political Pagan Forum Guide.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha

Question everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Minerva Mind View Post
                            It doesn't matter if we are animals or not, torture is unacceptable...period.

What will torturing another person, even a pedophile, going to achieve? A smug sense of self satisfaction?

I hate pedophiles as much as most do but I cannot support any type of torture. They usually get that anyway without anybody having to do it for them. If we are meant to be better than the criminals, they we should act better. Otherwise, we're nothing more than criminals ourselves.

What distinguishes us from animals is the ability to have a conscience and morals. It stops us from following our primal instincts.

In this story, I feel incredibly sorry for the victim. The amount of time it took for this man to be found guilty is disgusting.
                            This is the most sensible post I've seen yet. If someone tortures a criminal or kills them in an excessively violent fashion, what's to keep the torturer from becoming a depraved psychopath - and yet ANOTHER criminal?

Edited to add: If we allow someone to torture - no matter what their place in society is (criminal, "innocent", etc.), then someone else will think it's okay to torture. Then the next person. And then another. I don't know about the rest of you guys, but this is not something I want little kids or friendly neighbors picking up.
                            Last edited by 9-2-2; March 12th, 2007, 10:45 PM.

sigpic

Comment

This is the most sensible post I've seen yet. If someone tortures a criminal or kills them in an excessively violent fashion, what's to keep the torturer from becoming a depraved psychopath - and yet ANOTHER criminal?

Edited to add: If we allow someone to torture - no matter what their place in society is (criminal, "innocent", etc.), then someone else will think it's okay to torture. Then the next person. And then another. I don't know about the rest of you guys, but this is not something I want little kids or friendly neighbors picking up.
                              Exactly.
                              I love this quote from Friedrich Nietzsche:
                              "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
                              Facebook::Witch blog::Book Blog
                              Gods and Goddesses, Paths: Dianic & Goddess Witchcraft, Theology & Philosophy, Just Current Events, and Political Pagan Forum Guide.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha

Question everything.

Comment

Wow. This is even funnier than I could have ever imagined. "We ARE animals." "I still like it." Maybe I am misunderstanding what is being said, but, are we trying to excuse torture on a criminal if said criminal commits a crime? I've seen the silly trend of "let's-butcher-the-criminals!" perpetuate itself on this board. It's sick, plain and simple. If this is the case, then there are many speeders, traffic violators, and shoplifters that need to be dismembered. /sarcasm

Cop: "Excuse me ma'am, you're only 15 and drinking beer. That is well under the legal age for consumption of alcohol. The law requires you be disemboweled immediately."
                                Kid: "But I'm only 15!"

Just my 2 cents.
                                No, only if you use that part of our body to hurt a child like that.
                                them. Thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X