What's On Your Mind - Part 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cloaked Raven View Post
    This last round of plagiarism has me really p***ed off. Seriously. We authors do *not* work our butts off so someone can come along, copy our work and take money out of our pockets. Plagiarizing someone like Nora Roberts is only asking for trouble. Cripes.

I had to assure all of my fans - and I have plenty of them - that I am the real deal. I actually wrote *every single word* of what they see in anything with my name on it, and it goes for all of my upcoming stories, novels and novellas.

I'm fit to hit anyone who plagiarizes with a shovel. Seriously.
    Is this related to the copypastecris stuff? I've only seen some of the fall out. Something like 30ish authors plagiarized?

Writers have it so hard---I feel so awful for all the people she stole from.
    Even when your hope is gone, move along just to make it through the night.
    my blog

Accepting Tarot Requests

Comment

• Originally posted by faye_cat View Post
      Is this related to the copypastecris stuff? I've only seen some of the fall out. Something like 30ish authors plagiarized?

Writers have it so hard---I feel so awful for all the people she stole from.
      That's exactly what I'm talking about, faye. It was over 30 authors, including Ms. Roberts and several other big names. I'm pissed. That bitch had *no right* to do that, yet she did... And now no one can find her. Ms. Roberts hopes to clean up some of the riffraff flying around certain spots, and I hope she does. The riffraff are making it hard for the real Indie authors to make it. They sell their books dirt cheap while the hard working Indies can't sell squat because their books are $3 USD or higher.

Thanks. It just pisses me off that we *real* authors who write our own stuff (all of it) work our asses off, while someone decides to rip us off, because they're greedy, lazy, stupid, narcissistic, and can't write their way out of a shredded and soaking wet paper bag.

Anyway... I have some good news...

My book will be 2 years old this month, so I'm participating in a St. Patrick's Day party at a romance party host online from March 14th to 17th! It's not just me from my publisher, there's at least one more author, and one of the higher up girls at the publisher (graphics design artist and author) will be there too, representing our publisher. I'm so happy about it! It's the first time I stepped out of our little group or my safe spots to promote my work... It's a bit scary, but so exciting at the same time. I'll be posting details on my blog once I figure out a few more things.

I can't wait! WHOOP! :boing:
      "The road to hell is paved with adverbs." - Stephen King.

"If a book has my name on it, I wrote it. Every word of it." ~Nora Roberts.

Comment

• That's so awesome, Cloaky! Go you! *hugs and high fives*

I'm not published, but I do consider myself a writer and have been plagiarized once (fanfiction). It's a terrible feeling, especially when whoever took your work gets success with it. Urgh. Hopefully the authors get credit and compensation.
        my blog

Accepting Tarot Requests

Comment

That's so awesome, Cloaky! Go you! *hugs and high fives*

I'm not published, but I do consider myself a writer and have been plagiarized once (fanfiction). It's a terrible feeling, especially when whoever took your work gets success with it. Urgh. Hopefully the authors get credit and compensation.
          Thanks faye. HUGS.

If you're writing, you're a writer. Holy smokes, even being plagiarized that way must have been awful. I think they like plagiarizing the best, so they are successful... UGH. Jerks, the lot of them.

My publisher is always keeping an eye on things like plagiarism, thankfully, and so far, so good. If anything pops up, they'll alert me.

I've been losing my mind trying to get some banners and collages ready for the party this weekend. Between people in Messenger (despite Facebook being offline or half there most of the day), insanity thanks to Hubby and Son, and that effing phone ringing every five minutes, I'm surprised I managed to get ANYTHING done in GIMP today, let alone get six (two easy, four complicated) banners/promotional posters completed...

I am ultra excited now. I can't wait for this to start. There's a lot of really nice and talented people from all over - including Indie authors - and tons of goodies up for grabs. I'm doing two giveaways. I think my publisher is doing a few too. It's going to be a wild but fun weekend! :boing:

Oh, and I'm still deep in revisions for my novella. I want that sent to the AE ASAP. I need a beta, and I know exactly who I'm grabbing - one of my old school chums!

Comment

• Sounds like a jam packed to do list! I hope the event works out well for you---you'll have to let us know how it goes!
            my blog

Accepting Tarot Requests

Comment

Sounds like a jam packed to do list! I hope the event works out well for you---you'll have to let us know how it goes!
              Thanks faye! So far so good! Two days in, and we're getting some traffic. I'm having a blast deciding what to post next... I admit, it's rough doing something like this with only one book out. However, you don't have to do just excerpts or the blurb. I showcased a character interview that I did for a fellow author's blog (she and I knew each other LONG before we got on with the same publisher - I got on first, then she got on a year later), and a few other unusual things. You can do character profiles, and I'm doing the ones for the mains on Sunday. You can do up to five posts per day, but if you don't want to do that many, it's okay to do as little as 2. Just spread them out a bit, so people from all over see them. :boing:

My publisher, and the five of us authors from there who are participating, have dominated the party so far. We're garnering a *lot* of interest in everyone who is published with them, and hopefully gaining a few new fans along the way.

My only complaint is that my wish list for books at my publisher's site has grown a LOT over the last few days. There are so many sweet and ultra-talented people working for them... I'm overwhelmed with all of the kindness, support, and fun I've been having since I came out of my shell (thanks to my longtime pal who yanked me out of it). I've been told I was one of the most supportive authors on there, and everyone likes how I'm always ready to help promote someone else.

The more I come out of my shyness shell, the more I want to promote people. I've started hosting blog tours. Not many, but I'm slowly working toward becoming a "Master Host" for one of the bigger known blog tour companies. My longtime pal who also writes for my publisher is an MH with them, so why not? It's fun, and it gives everyone publicity somehow. Win-win! :boing:

The banners/collages are a hit by the way. If anyone knows where my blog is located, I have an entry up from today showcasing them. I also have a new background there too, my signature so to speak.

I'd better shut up and get back to it. These revisions on the novella are not going to do themselves! :boing:

Comment

• Today I went to Barnes and Noble to pick up my tarot deck known as the Cosmic Tarot Deck. I used to have that deck so many years ago. The deck is beautiful. It was my birthday present which my birthday is tomorrow. Also, I brought two applesauce over there.
                ​​
                I'M RICH! MITCH!

Comment

• Hapy Belated Birthday Bartmanhomer.

I am putting these things down to get them out of my head: the visit with my people, important paperwork, packing a charity box, decluttering, decluttering, decluttering.
                  Did I mention decluttering?
                  Another beautiful day in the state of denial.

Comment

Is this related to the copypastecris stuff?
                    wow. i'd missed all that drama!

~ Mairwen

Comment

• just sitting here watching the storm
                      ~ Mairwen

Comment

• I'm in the best seller list at my publisher! WHOOP!

Novella put away for now. One of my best pals (who is also published at the same house I am) checked it, and it needs tons of work. I'm up to the eyeballs with writing and cleaning up another draft, so I'll work on it at a later date.... AFTER both series I'm working on are finished.

I am working on cleaning up something for a submission call though... I've already pitched it to the AE, and she loves the idea... So does the Art Director! (I love the AD, she is amazing, and a talented author too! ) It needs a LOT of work though. That's my summer project. The faster I can get it up to snuff, the better.

Oh, and that goofball cat of ours is getting sillier, due to the warm weather. I get ran over by an insane puffball on a daily basis. CATS.

Comment

Working...
                        X