No announcement yet.

What's On Your Mind - Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And.... Fast drafting has been set aside. Yours truly is now exhausted from doing Round One of edits and revisions from her publisher... My next book is coming out sometime in 2020!! I signed the contract for it on the 24th. We're fast tracking it to coinside with something that my publisher wants to use as promotional items for me. It's been a wild ride so far... I should get Round 2 of edits sometime in the new year.

I haven't gotten the cover for it yet either. Heck I sent in the cover information on the 26th. I'm not expecting my cover artist to have anything for me for another week or two - at the earliest!

If anyone sees a blue cloud and hears a lot of cussing from my neck of Canada, it's nothing to worry about. It's just me...
    "The road to hell is paved with adverbs." - Stephen King.

"If a book has my name on it, I wrote it. Every word of it." ~Nora Roberts.

Comment

• Thinking of maybe painting the top of the altar...deciding on color.....

Comment

• I spent the entire holiday break editing and revising the upcoming book. I'm now waiting for the Proofing Department to send me their edits, etc. I should be getting a publishing date soon, and hopefully I'll be seeing the first draft of the cover shortly.

In other news.... I set my reading challenge in Goodreads for 20 books this year. Has anyone else decided to do their reading challenge? I'm hoping to clear out a few books on the Kindle's TBR list this year... If I'm not too busy writing my own books. I want the current MSIP drafted, edited, revised and sent in to our AE by the end of March 2021 at the latest.....

Comment

• The proofing department sent me the galley for the book yesterday, and I went over it twice, in six hours. Once as a quick glance over to see what our Proofer/Assistant EIC suggested, and a fully detailed read through to see if her suggestions made sense... And to see if we missed anything. It's been approved by me and sent back to her.

I also got the cover last night... Holy smokes. It is gorgeous! It has a Nova Scotian theme, which is exactly what I like for my covers... And our art department knows it! I'm doing the cover reveal on Monday, during a takeover in our public group for our readers.

I guess it'll be available for Preorder on Friday, which means a release date of March 6th.... EEEK!

*This is perfect because it's pretty much coinsiding with the three year anniversary of my debut novel's release date - March 17th!*

Comment

• I'm up to my eyeballs in creating promo posters for myself and my best pal at my publisher. My new book comes out tomorrow! I'm so excited! This is my third book but that shocked and happy feeling is still there. Everyone loves the cover, and so far, I've gotten a lot of compliments on the posters from my fellow mods in our public group for our publisher's readers and authors for my attempts at promo posters. Having a lot of photos of the town your book is set in helps tons, believe me...

I'm waiting to hear back from our beloved EIC, she is going to be sending me the *final proofs* any time now. I can't wait to get my paws on them. It is so exciting to see what the books will look like when they are published. Their format is absolutely stunning! 😍📖

I think the book will go "wide" next week - be published on all major sites including paperback print on demand copies... It feels amazing to hold that physical book in your hands, it is a high like no other! Can't wait! SQUEE!!! 💜

Comment

• So anyway I finished making my very first homebrew Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Deity. It took me a lot of effort to make this deity and I'm glad I'm done.
              I'M RICH! MITCH!

Comment

• I'm trying to balance work and life. More importantly, the life I want to do the work I find fulfilling, but dang it's hard.

Add to it all this COVID-19 madness (I live in NY, we always have to be on top *rolls eyes* ). I'm dealing with my own health issues and my paying job is not helping to ease my mind in any of the challenges I'm facing.
                It's been minutes, it's been days. It's been all that I remember. <3

Comment

• Today I was on my way home to the train station and this angry idiot (a black man) was upset at me for some idiotic reason. I didn't want to get in his way so I let him go through. Then he said Why the f*** are you waving your hands at me for. I wasn't even waving my hands at this guy. So I ignore him and he was still b****ing about the same thing over and over again. I said to him I wasn't even waving my hands at you. So I walk away got into the train and that it. Obviously, this guy is angry at the world and he wanted to start a fight. I have no time for foolishness.
                  I'M RICH! MITCH!

Comment

• Hopefully all will be fine with you MamaStar! Virtual hugs. ♥

I'm so glad I work from home, and I can do promo work from the comfort of my computer area. COVID 19 hasn't hit the province yet, but you can't be too safe. I'm making my own sanitizing wipes so we don't have to purchase any. Not that there's much in town anyway. Goodness, you'd think the world was ending! Doing my first live appearance as an author for the arts festival in September may wind up being postponed until next year unless something changes... Hopefully this damn virus GOES AWAY by then....

Grateful and positive notes: I'm so happy I have honest pals who are not afraid to give me critique on my work. Just today, one of my best pals who also writes for my publisher let me know a *huge* weakness of mine, and she said I'd really tighten things up if I eliminated it. She said I have the talent, I just need to hone the skills more to really make an impact on the genre and writing world. (She's biased because she and I are close but why not try it?)

Yes, I may have three books out by the same publisher, and straight 4 and 5 star reviews on them (including one that won an award!), but that doesn't mean I'm done learning or improving my skills as a storyteller. To me, even a best selling author can learn a trick or two along the way... Someone like me has a long, long way to go to achieve that almost perfect story like the best of the best are putting out. If we, as authors, cannot take even the slightest professional grade constructive criticism of our work, and learn from it, you should not be in this business. At all. It is extremely competitive, and only the ones who actually pay attention to editors, other authors and the readers, and LEARN from them and their own mistakes will get anywhere. That's why I got on with a publisher, and why I'm starting to see success after so long. I *listen* to what everyone with experience is telling me. If someone says I'm not good at something, I take a few steps back and try to look at is as an editor who had never seen my work before.

You'd be surprised how fast you can pick up on your own mistakes by doing that.

I'm now cleaning up the MSIP, thanks to another head's up by my best pal at my publisher... Who is one of my best friends period. I trust her with my life! LOVE YA GIRL! (I know she won't see this but I thought I'd slap it up anyway!)

Comment

• This coronavirus crisis is ruining our lives. I have to give up my regular weekend routine because of this crisis.
                      I'M RICH! MITCH!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
                        This coronavirus crisis is ruining our lives. I have to give up my regular weekend routine because of this crisis.
                        I'm so sorry about that. I know routines can be very important. Please stay safe and healthy.

I am doing my best not to despair. I've pretty much stopped watching the news because it makes me anxious. I feel like crying because I'm separated from people I love most in the world because of this stupid virus. I just want us all to continue to do what we can to make this virus go away or at the very least give us back our normal lives.

*though to be fair, I love not having to commute to work*
                        It's been minutes, it's been days. It's been all that I remember. <3

Comment

• Originally posted by MammaStar View Post

I'm so sorry about that. I know routines can be very important. Please stay safe and healthy.

I am doing my best not to despair. I've pretty much stopped watching the news because it makes me anxious. I feel like crying because I'm separated from people I love most in the world because of this stupid virus. I just want us all to continue to do what we can to make this virus go away or at the very least give us back our normal lives.

*though to be fair, I love not having to commute to work*
                          I know right. I go to the movies and church every weekend but now I have to stay home on the weekend.
                          ​​
                          I'M RICH! MITCH!

Comment

• Big hugs Mama Star! It is really, really tough not being with everyone you love. I get it. I am missing my mom in law something fierce at the moment. Thank heavens for phone calls and talking to my brother in law - who lives with her - via Facebook.

I'm a hermit by nature nowadays but I'm not liking this isolation much either. I used to go out a couple of times a week, just to get out of the house. Can't do it now, but I am sitting outside on the doorstep if I need some fresh air on the warmer days... Reading on my phone's kindle app of course. Schools here were originally closed for two weeks after March Break (15th to 22nd) but now things are being postponed until May 1st, if not the rest of the school year. My son is PO'ed about having to work from home for the next month instead of being with his friends and teachers, but that's his bloody problem. (Thank heavens he's mostly digital and we have high speed with WiFi here!) I'm fine with him being home, he's gotten a lot calmer in the last few years... I can work when he's home. Hubby is off for the duration too, so that's a boon in my opinion. He knows when I say I'm working it means to shut up, and disappear into the living room so I can work.

It's not easy but we have to keep our spirits up and keep focused on surviving right now. COVID 19 is a deadly pathogen, and the faster we get it under control, the better. I'm in my second week of confinement and although it's not easy, especially with an autistic kid who loves school and is missing his friends horribly to the point he's snarky a lot, I'm doing my best to stay positive. We can beat this. I am not a fan of our PM or my province's Premier, but dang it, both of them are doing their best to contain things and keep everyone safe... Now if the damn idiots would STAY HOME and stop flooding the beaches, parks, and trails here despite everything being shut down by our Premier, maybe this pathogen will pass sooner than later and things can slowly start going back to what was once normal. Then again, NS is loaded with dumbasses and arrogant jerks who think they're above the law, even with huge fines being slapped on their heads.... This is NOT a vacation, people!! Geez............... 🙄

I'm grateful for the internet and phone lines, so I can keep in touch with those who matter most.

On that note, I'd better get back to work. I think we have someone doing a takeover/meet the author in my publisher's FB group, and I'm on deck for moderating this week.

Stay safe everyone! Virtual hugs and tons of love from myself and my goofy Maine Coon kitty, Princess Fluffy Butt.

Comment

Working...
                            X