This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Icebreakers!

Ok, I thought I'd post some sort of questionnaire form here in the Introductions forum, hoping that it might make it easier for the newbies to "break the ice", so to speak. Newbies, you might like to copy the questions and then paste them into your own new reply with your own answers. If there's anything on here that you don't want to answer for any reason, just leave it blank.
    I'll go first as an example; heck, any of you "non-newbies" can join me if you like - why not let the Newbies get a taste of us too?

1) Is there a story behind your user I.D./screen name?

2) How'd you find us here at Mystic Wicks?

3) Do you follow any certain path (spiritually)?

4) Would you give me a kidney if I needed it? JUST KIDDING! Only checking to see who's paying attention... lol

the real #4) Would you like people to send you a private message saying "hi" if they see your profile and want to get to know you better?

5) Do you use incense, and if you do, do you have a favorite scent?

6) How about "totem animals"; is there any certain animal with which you most identify?

7) Is there anything else you think we should know about you, or that you'd like to share?

♥¥ Love and Light☮☼

good idea! Ok I guess I will start

Astara is my practicing name it is actually the name of a starmaiden in mythology Seague just came to me since I am a water sign it seemed fitting

quite by accident I was doing some research for one of my circles and it came up with the search

Greenwitchcraft mostly traditional wicca as well

4) Would you give me a kidney if I needed it? JUST KIDDING! Only checking to see who's paying attention... lol

the real #4) Would you like people to send you a private message saying "hi" if they see your profile and want to get to know you better?

sure why not

I always do sandlewood, and jasmine are great together or seperate, I also like frankinsence and alot more I cant think of right now

6) How about "totem animals"; is there any certain animal with which you most identify?

Wolf

7) Is there anything else you think we should know about you, or that you'd like to share?
    cant think of anything right now
    Being powerful is like being a lady If you have to tell people you are, you aren't

Advanced Paganism, Meditation
    and Books Forum Guide
    and also a writer for MW Magazine

Serenity is not freedom from the storm..it is peace during the storm

:fpraise: many thanks to Patriciaj for great banner

Its your life..live it as you like

myspace.com/Mydnitejazmine

my covens site
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/archaic_silvermoon/

Comment

Guess I should update this - been through so many of them! Upcoming one is via synchronicity with the Pink Floyd song and also her White Cliffs of Dover song.

2) How'd you find us here at Mystic Wicks? I did a search for lirope, which is a plant that has been growing in my back yard. So I'm here by "accident"!
      :D

3) Do you follow any certain path (spiritually)? Not really... I feel as though I'm becoming more spiritual all the time, but I'm drawn to different aspects of several different spiritual schools of thought.

4) Would you give me a kidney if I needed it? JUST KIDDING! Only checking to see who's paying attention... lol :D

the real #4) Would you like people to send you a private message saying "hi" if they see your profile and want to get to know you better? Oh, I'm always open to messages!

5) Do you use incense, and if you do, do you have a favorite scent? Yes, I do... I think that my favorite would have to be the HEM Frank Incense, but I also love Nag Champa and Superhit... and Patchouli... I also love to use sage for smudging.

6) How about "totem animals"; is there any certain animal with which you most identify? Well the obvious choice for me would be a frog, wouldn't it? However, I've felt a pull toward more than one other animal spiritually, such as the giraffe and the eagle. I'm definitely connected to spiders, although I'm not sure if I'm totally comfortable with it yet! Oh and I cannot believe I almost forgot about the peacock!

7) Is there anything else you think we should know about you, or that you'd like to share? I'm a tad weird. You may have figured that out by now.
      Last edited by MockingbirdOxygen; June 19th, 2008, 12:31 AM.

♥¥ Love and Light☮☼

Comment

Alright, here goes

No story behind it, it's just part of my real name. I'm not very creative

A friend gave me this link, and I decided to try it out

Not really, I'm still looking for a path

sure, I don't bite (hard)

Hardly, but my favourite is lavender or rose

owl

Don't know, but if there's something you like to know, just ask
        I like long walks, especially taken by people who annoy me...

Once you face your inner fears everything else seems easy... ~ Thanks Bethra

Comment

It's a short version of my real name and also of my former screen name "Cassiopia".

I was recommended by someone on another forum.

A strange mixture of Wicca and Kemetic Orthodoxy with a lot of Taoism thrown into the mix.

Sure!

Yes I use it. I like Lavender, Sandlewood, Jasmin, Cinnamon and many other scents.

Dolphins, Lions and Capibaras;-and, of course, Hedgehogs!

If you want to know something that's not in my profile or my posts, you can always ask.
          Last edited by Cassie; November 26th, 2005, 04:09 PM.
          😈 "It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful." Anton LaVey 😈

Comment

Well my nickname is Kitty but I wanted something a little more meaningful for a user name so I choose this name based on the story of the Sacred Cat of Burma. You can read a little about the legend here if you are interested: http://pio.tripod.com/magicpaw/catmyths.html

I'm fairly new to Paganism and was searching for a place to discuss things with and came upon you all!

I'm still finding my way but at the moment I am very attracted to Wicca so I am focusing my studying on that area right now.

#4) Would you like people to send you a private message saying "hi" if they see your profile and want to get to know you better?

Absolutely! I love PMs :bouncysmi

Not yet.

You think I'm going to pick the cat don't you? Hehehe. Actually the Wolf is the one I most identify with - I've always felt a connection with them since I was a little girl.

Ummm... no. : I'm a nervous newbie right now.

Comment

yep, a friend of mine that has been helping me to become a seax wiccan and a follower of the lyblac made my name for me, just can't remember what it stands for in anglo saxon
              i found it on google!!!!

at the moment i tell people that i am a solitary pagan with with interests in seax wicca and trad witchcraft, and no that does not include gardnarian or alexanderian!4) Would you give me a kidney if I needed it? JUST KIDDING! Only checking to see who's paying attention... lol

yes i would and more the merrier, i lkie to make freinds and get to know other pagans from around the world.
              5) Do you use incense, and if you do, do you have a favorite scent i actually do and i make my own loose incenses and sell them at www.smellsandspells.co.uk
              no i don't work with totem animals only my familiar which oddly enough is a black cat.

i love ghosts and i am writing a book about ghosts in england, so if anyone wants to share any stories with me please feel free to contact me.

love and light
              leonora
              Last edited by leonora; December 27th, 2005, 10:48 AM.

Comment

This is in lieu of the intro I never posted.

Um, it was a name I came up with in year 11 I think. It's Italian. It had been floating around in my head for ages. It means (supposedly though I have a feeling the endings aren't right) "Silver Eyes." The only explanation I can give as to why it means something to me is that in a fantasy series I'm rather fond of, one of the characters is blind and blindness is described as being silver-eyed, or something to that effect. And since I have crappy eyes (but not technically blind, I just meet the requirements for driving, ok?), I felt it was kinda fitting. The silver eyes were a sign of deeper insight, seers, or something like that. I really must go back and read those books again.

Oh, the Gods only know. I stumbled across it one summer (possibly 2000-01), forgot about it when school started again, and came back later on. I made a new log-in as I forgot the password for the first one. i've been here since.

Kemetic Orthodoxy, with a fascination for Hinduism and Roman Catholicism (this from a completely Protestant family).

I could find you a kidney if you needed one. Well, you didn't specify species, Boofy.

Yeah, go ahead. I'll try my best not to scare people away. :D No, really, I ain't that scary.

Yep, love incense. Frankincense has to be my fave scent, or a frank/myrrh combo. Heavenly!

Not really. Possibly cats. Never got the whole totem animals thing. Never thought it was needed.

I write horror-fantasy, I'm slightly crazy, I love anything shiny, sharp, pointy or with bells, and I love slash just a little too much, (It's not possible, I swear it isn't) (If you don't know what slash is, don't ask about it) For anything else, see my LJ, or my websites -- see links in my sig.

That enough, Boofy?

Oh, and call me Argent. :D

Comment

Hey, nice idea AuntBoo, i'll give it a go.
                  1) Is there a story behind your user I.D./screen name?ummm ... i guess i was kinda wandering in search of a home when I came across here, and that's how i thought of the name. It also goes well in a kind of ironic way with the avatar.

My ex girlfriend, who knew that I was interested in Paganism even if i wasn't sure yet that I was, suggested it to me as she thought i might be interested. As you can see, i was.

I haven't finalized anything yet, I think you could call me an eclectic Christian-flavoured pagan inclining towards Wicca.

Sure i would AuntBoo, i'd do anything for you .... um, sure, why not? I'm pretty friendly as long as I've had my coffee.

5) Do you use incense, and if you do, do you have a favorite scent? yes, I like Patchouli, thought lately i've been getting into opium ..... just 'cos I hope people will ask what it is, so i can say "That? oh, it's just opium ... want to try some?"

6) How about "totem animals"; is there any certain animal with which you most identify?Though I've never been lucky enough to see one in the wild, i do kind of identify with the wolf ...
                  ... and the sheep of course.

7) Is there anything else you think we should know about you, or that you'd like to share? Aren't you scared enough yet??

Brightest blessings.

~ Light up, light up, ~
                  ~ As if you have a choice ~
                  ~ Even if you cannot hear my voice, ~
                  ~ I'll be right beside you dear. ~

^ Thanks to GEBS for my little friend here ^

:

Comment

What a spiffy idea.

1) Is there a story behind your user I.D./screen name? Nope. It's my name. No, seriously, it is. :P

2) How'd you find us here at Mystic Wicks? Probably also by accident via Google.

3) Do you follow any certain path (spiritually)? Sure. My own.

4) Would you like people to send you a private message saying "hi" if they see your profile and want to get to know you better? Sure. PMs are perfectly welcome.

5) Do you use incense, and if you do, do you have a favorite scent? Yes, I do. So far, my favourite scene is generally lavender, though I'm also very fond of "ocean."

6) How about "totem animals"; is there any certain animal with which you most identify? I don't know much on totem animals or anything, but I do relate well to snakes in particular. I'm also rather connected to serpents in general (particularly Chinese dragons).

7) Is there anything else you think we should know about you, or that you'd like to share? Well, if you know astrology, I can tell you a couple of things that everyone else "should" know about me: I have at least five planets in Capricorn, and I have Mercury in Aquarius and Mars in Aries. With that knowledge, you've got the basics of my personality.
                    02-07-1943
                    05-19-2009
                    Papi - R.I.P.
                    I love you. Always.

Comment

1) Is there a story behind your user I.D./screen name? Yes its a combination of two characters from a book trilogy that i really enjoyed,
                      2) How'd you find us here at Mystic Wicks? Internet search
                      3) Do you follow any certain path (spiritually)? Solitary Wiccan
                      4) Would you like people to send you a private message saying "hi" if they see your profile and want to get to know you better? That would be wonderful.
                      5) Do you use incense, and if you do, do you have a favorite scent? Yes. My favorite is called RAIN
                      6) How about "totem animals"; is there any certain animal with which you most identify? Horses, dogs and wolves.
                      7) Is there anything else you think we should know about you, or that you'd like to share? hmmmm Well i'm a gemini on the cusp of taurus...take it from there....lol

Comment

) Is there a story behind your user I.D./screen name?well I looking thru fangoria(horror mag) I saw this movie called S.I.C.K it stood for serial insane cannibal killer,I was like oh snap that's my new nick.

2) How'd you find us here at Mystic Wicks?A friend told me about it.

3) Do you follow any certain path (spiritually)?Well i wouldn't call it spirituality
                        but i do follow the teach of bruce lee thru his martial jeet kune do and I am
                        inspired by the dedication of the shaolin monks and wu dang priest.

4) Would you give me a kidney if I needed it? JUST KIDDING! Only checking to see who's paying attention... lol.

the real #4) Would you like people to send you a private message saying "hi" if they see your profile and want to get to know you better?Sure that would be cool.

5) Do you use incense, and if you do, do you have a favorite scent?I don't burn them my wife does.

6) How about "totem animals"; is there any certain animal with which you most identify?scorpion and the giant centipede

7) Is there anything else you think we should know about you, or that you'd like to share? Well i was going to wait but since a large percent of you are cool.I'll spill the beans.I have a unicorn farm and have been collecting magic dust from there horns.And let me tell that stuff gets you messed up but there are no harmfull side effects except a for a few people have been attack by leprechans.
                        Music of DoktorSick

Galactic Sound System

SICK TV

Comment

Oh yes, one other ...
                          Originally posted by AuntBooPeaceFrog
                          How about "totem animals"; is there any certain animal with which you most identify?
                          Chupacabras. I sure can identify with those little fellas ....
                          ~ Light up, light up, ~
                          ~ As if you have a choice ~
                          ~ Even if you cannot hear my voice, ~
                          ~ I'll be right beside you dear. ~

^ Thanks to GEBS for my little friend here ^

:

Comment

1) Is there a story behind your user I.D./screen name? My sister gave it to me. It means poetic little leader. I write poetry and I am a sort of natural born leader.

2) How'd you find us here at Mystic Wicks? Googled it!

3) Do you follow any certain path (spiritually)? I am a solitary Wiccan. I am drawn to the Egyptian Pantheon but I am studying all pantheons.

4) Would you give me a kidney if I needed it? JUST KIDDING! Only checking to see who's paying attention... lol Yes, if we matched and I could, I would.

the real #4) Would you like people to send you a private message saying "hi" if they see your profile and want to get to know you better? I love PM's. lol

5) Do you use incense, and if you do, do you have a favorite scent? I use it all the time. I love Dragon's Blood and Egyptian Musk.

6) How about "totem animals"; is there any certain animal with which you most identify? I most identify with cats. Not house cats, but wild cats, like bobcats and cougars. But my totem animals consist of a Bobcat, Bear, and more recently a Crow.

7) Is there anything else you think we should know about you, or that you'd like to share? I am a part time paranormal investigator. I love ghost hunting! I am currently writing a book about my experiences in the paranormal. :boing:
                            Patience my dear child, when the time is right you will have what you seek
                            ~~Great Mother, Isis, spoken to me in meditation

Vist My Pages
                            ~~~)O(~~~
                            CORUPT
                            MYSPACE

Many Thanks to Skysilver for the beautiful banner!

Comment

1) Is there a story behind your user I.D./screen name? Ok... well a long time ago when I first joined a Led Zeppelin forum (yes, Led Zeppelin come into every story!) I called myself JimmysGirl (in relation to Jimmy Page, the guitarist). I never liked it much but I became known as JG and it stuck :P

2) How'd you find us here at Mystic Wicks? From a Google search

3) Do you follow any certain path (spiritually)? Hrmmm.... I suppose right now I am a beginner, solitary, eclectic Pagan.

4) Would you like people to send you a private message saying "hi" if they see your profile and want to get to know you better? Yes, I'm always willing to talk to new people :D

5) Do you use incense, and if you do, do you have a favorite scent? Mum won't let me burn things in my room... haha. I still manage a sneaky candle in every now and again though!.

6) How about "totem animals"; is there any certain animal with which you most identify? I havn't found one yet

7) Is there anything else you think we should know about you, or that you'd like to share? I play the guitar... um... I like aniseed... is that enough? :P
                              The Queen of Light took her bow,
                              And then she turned to go.

Let the music be your master...
                              ~Listen to Zeppelin~

Comment

Working...
                              X