The Amish Send Their Regards... :p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Amish Send Their Regards... :p

Ok, so not really since im not Amish. But I come from Amish Country, PA and am brand spanking new here.

I can pinpoint the time when I realized that I was no longer a Christian. October 2007. Even just typing that still makes me sad and confused.

I have felt a calling since I was 20 but have ignored it, for lack of a better word. I am now 27 and am still feeling the pull....and somehow I ended up here.

So, Im dazed and confused but keeping my eyes open and willing to learn.

I feel id like to know more about healing. Ive also been able to read the tarot since i was a teen but often the cards would scare me because they were so accurate.. so its been some time since I last attempted to do so. I didnt understand it then, but Id like to now.

I cant say exactly what I think my path/interests is...I need to read more definately and learn from all the minds here on MW.

Hello everyone!

Last edited by EavanStar; September 29th, 2010, 04:21 PM.

Welcome

I'm sure you will find lots of helpful information here on lots of paths and beliefs.

So tie me to a post and block my ears
    I can see widows and orphans through my tears
    I know my call despite my faults
    And despite my growing fears

But I will hold on hope
    And I won't let you choke
    On the noose around your neck

And I'll find strength in pain
    And I will change my ways
    I'll know my name as it's called again
    ~ Mumford and Sons (The Cave)

"I have been in Sorrow's kitchen and licked out all the pots." ~ Susan Straight

Comment

Welcome :D
      No need to be scared. I hope you find all the information you need here.
      My mom was just up in Amish country not too long ago, she goes every year and brings me back goodies :mmm:

Comment

Welcome , glad you could be here and I hope that you have a lot of fun.

Comment

Welcome, I'm from the same area.

Comment

Originally posted by herbal_legends View Post
            , she goes every year and brings me back goodies :mmm:
            I see why. Pa Dutch food is the best. :mmm: Chicken pot pie, anyone?

Originally posted by Ariste View Post
            Welcome, I'm from the same area.
            Nice to meet ya. We definitely are close.

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys.

Comment

Originally posted by EavanStar View Post
              I can pinpoint the time when I realized that I was no longer a Christian. October 2007. Even just typing that still makes me sad and confused.

I have felt a calling since I was 20 but have ignored it, for lack of a better word. I am now 27 and am still feeling the pull....and somehow I ended up here.

So, Im dazed and confused but keeping my eyes open and willing to learn.

I feel id like to know more about healing. Ive also been able to read the tarot since i was a teen but often the cards would scare me because they were so accurate.. so its been some time since I last attempted to do so. I didnt understand it then, but Id like to now.

I cant say exactly what I think my path/interests is...I need to read more definately and learn from all the minds here on MW.

Hello everyone!

First up welcome.

I had the calling since i was 17 but ignored it for 10 years. then went on a exploratory nature which i am still doing.

explore what you feel calls to you. explore the path sections here. they are a good at helping you decide what is best for you. also it's a good representation of what others of those paths act like(wether it is good or bad).
              MYSTIC WICKS Needs your help!Please donate or subscribe!

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Welcome EavanStar! :floating: Walk in Beauty
                Shyla

Comment

Welcome to MW!
                  I'm a Christian Witch, and I wouldn't have it any other way!

Proudly German-Canadian.

I find it overly pretentious when people call themselves "Lady _________." My username would just have been "Dryad," had that not been taken and were I not unoriginal in picking names for things.
                  By no means do I consider myself "Lady" anything.

Comment

Welcome! Do you know much about the Amish? I only really see them on TV - we don't get them here in South Africa.

~ Blog: Kitten of Discord ~ Twitter: @DiscordianKitty ~

"Demons have existed [...] for at least as long as the gods, who in many ways they closely resemble.
                    The difference is basically the same as that between terrorists and freedom fighters." Terry Pratchett, Eric

Respect is earned. So is disrespect.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodkitten View Post
                      Welcome! Do you know much about the Amish?

I actually do! I was quite fascinated by the Amish for some time...I even fancied a career as a nurse midwife for Amish home births... . However, ive since decided against that, but enjoy the culture.

I was surprised to see Amishers living in BELIZE when I was on vacation last summer...but hey, stranger things have happened. :toofless: Maybe theyll make it to S.A. someday.

But its funny ...going to the store and seeing horse ties out front...or passing a buggy on the highway. it never gets old. Lol.

Comment

I actually would love to meet them myself They've always kinda fascinated me. I think my gran would've been all for becoming Amish if she would have been allowed to use an electric blanket ^_^

~ Blog: Kitten of Discord ~ Twitter: @DiscordianKitty ~

"Demons have existed [...] for at least as long as the gods, who in many ways they closely resemble.
                        The difference is basically the same as that between terrorists and freedom fighters." Terry Pratchett, Eric

Respect is earned. So is disrespect.

Comment

Welcome to MW!!! :boing:

I've always been intrigued by the Amish culture... And some of their recipes sound delicious!! :mmm:
                          "The road to hell is paved with adverbs." - Stephen King.

"If a book has my name on it, I wrote it. Every word of it." ~Nora Roberts.

Comment

Originally posted by EavanStar View Post
                            I actually do! I was quite fascinated by the Amish for some time...I even fancied a career as a nurse midwife for Amish home births... . However, ive since decided against that, but enjoy the culture.

I was surprised to see Amishers living in BELIZE when I was on vacation last summer...but hey, stranger things have happened. :toofless: Maybe theyll make it to S.A. someday.

But its funny ...going to the store and seeing horse ties out front...or passing a buggy on the highway. it never gets old. Lol.
                            I'd have to disagree with that :P It gets very old when traffic is backed up 2 miles cause of a single buggy

The Amish also have a growing community in Mexico. I wonder what PA Dutch sounds like mixed with Spanish?

Comment

There is a large Amish population where I live. It was discussed on Man vs Food lol Adam Richmond said "The Amish came to Fl for the same reason grandparents do." (or something like that I'm paraphrasing). We don't see many horse buggies though, they are usually on bikes or those adult tricycles with the baskets on the back.

So tie me to a post and block my ears
                              I can see widows and orphans through my tears
                              I know my call despite my faults
                              And despite my growing fears

But I will hold on hope
                              And I won't let you choke
                              On the noose around your neck

And I'll find strength in pain
                              And I will change my ways
                              I'll know my name as it's called again
                              ~ Mumford and Sons (The Cave)

"I have been in Sorrow's kitchen and licked out all the pots." ~ Susan Straight

Comment

Working...
                              X