Introduction in more ways than one.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction in more ways than one.

It goes without saying that I am new. However, I'm not just new to the forum, but I am new to everything. I'm not currently in any of the Pagan paths though I've always felt this tug toward them when I found out they existed. I've never held close ties to the religion of my upbringing (Christianity, big shocker) from even a young age. I would always rather play in the nursery than sit in church and I started question the religion in general and as a whole from a rather early age. As I grew older, I tried and failed seven times to be a Christian before I just threw my hands up and realized that I couldn't force myself to be something I wasn't. Then came the question of, if I wasn't a Christian, did any of the other religions in the world hold water for me? So began my search that hasn't stopped.

Currently, I'm a cross between agnostic and atheist. Not quite one and not quite the other, but somewhat a mix of both. More like, I'm skeptical that higher being(s) exist, but also to some degree there is a lack of caring of if they do or do not. I'm too busy living my life to be concerned with what happens in the afterlife, I think I put it once.

However, now matter how satisfied I am with this view of my life, I keep coming back to the Pagan pagan. Like an invisible string, every once in a while I'll search on the internet for information and possibly answers, though the search is never a truly long one. I'll try to stay longer than I have in others in the past. Right now, though, I'm here to learn. I'm here to learn about all the Pagan paths, and to try to understand why I keep coming back to them when I'm so utterly uninterested in committing myself to religion, preferring most of the time to be an idle observer of others who have more faith in their little pinky nail than I have in my whole body. I appreciate anyone on here that helps me with this journey and am perfectly fine if you don't. I am interested in everything, so, if any of you would like to talk to me about your path and why you chose it, feel free to do so. I'm a very, very tolerant person.

P.S. Alexandrea Thayn is a pseudonym, so there is no need to freak out at my use of a full name. It's fake, and although I'm sure someone somewhere has had this name bestowed on them, it's nothing more than my online identity. In another note, I'm nineteen years old.

Hi! Welcome to MW!
    I'm a Christian Witch, and I wouldn't have it any other way!

Proudly German-Canadian.

I find it overly pretentious when people call themselves "Lady _________." My username would just have been "Dryad," had that not been taken and were I not unoriginal in picking names for things.
    By no means do I consider myself "Lady" anything.

Comment

Welcome to this forum!
      Glad to have you join us

Comment

Indeed, I am glad to be here.

Comment

Nice intro. Welcome. I'm sure you're going to enjoy it here, and you're not alone at being new to Paganism at all.

How did you first hear about paganism?

~ Blog: Kitten of Discord ~ Twitter: @DiscordianKitty ~

"Demons have existed [...] for at least as long as the gods, who in many ways they closely resemble.
          The difference is basically the same as that between terrorists and freedom fighters." Terry Pratchett, Eric

Respect is earned. So is disrespect.

Comment

Working...
          X