*peeks in through the door*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *peeks in through the door*

Hello, everyone. I'm Silverwing; I'm an 18 year old college freshman living in Illinois. I've already posted a few times in the Christian Witchcraft section, but I thought I'd come here too and make myself known. Anyway, to explain my background a little, I was raised Catholic and attended a Catholic school all my life until now. However, while I know many people in my life who feel a deep connection with Christ and the Trinity, Christianity and I never really seemed to click. I've always held a deep belief in the concept of cosmic balance (for lack of a better term), and the duelity of the universe of dark and light, male and female, ect. I've also had an ongoing interest in mythology, and while I've researched Wicca and other pagan spiritual paths in the past, I never seriously considered them until last August when I felt a call to do so totally out of the blue. I found this site a couple months ago, and already I feel like this is the place for me to be! :bigredgri I don't know where this path is going to take me, but I'm quite excited to find out. Bright blessings to you all.
    There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened.
    - Douglas Adams

"Tell me - is this real, or has it been happening inside my head?" "Of course it is inside your head, Harry, but why should that mean it's not real?" -Dumbledore

"The road to hell is paved with adverbs." - Stephen King.

"If a book has my name on it, I wrote it. Every word of it." ~Nora Roberts.

Comment

Welcome home, Silverwing! Good luck on your new journey!
      Xentor, your friendly-neighbourhood Checkerist
      Contact me | The Dialogues on Checkerism

Comment

Glad you could join us! Hope you enjoy MW.
        "You get a wonderful view from the point of no return" -- T. Pratchett

No matter how beautifully presented, it's still a plate of bullshit. It never ceases to amaze me that people will still swallow it knowing exactly what it is they're swallowing. ~ Me

"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest."
        — Confucius

Comment

Welcome to MW :bouncybob

So tie me to a post and block my ears
          I can see widows and orphans through my tears
          I know my call despite my faults
          And despite my growing fears

But I will hold on hope
          And I won't let you choke
          On the noose around your neck

And I'll find strength in pain
          And I will change my ways
          I'll know my name as it's called again
          ~ Mumford and Sons (The Cave)

"I have been in Sorrow's kitchen and licked out all the pots." ~ Susan Straight

Comment

A thousand welcomes!
            Hope you find your way!
            From below the dragon / Dark comes forth
            Nithhogg flying / From Nithafjoll
            The bodies of men / On wings he bears
            The serpent bright / But now must I sink

The Poetic Edda, Vol. 1
            Lays of the Gods - Voluspo

Comment

Blessings to you on your new journey Silverwing! Welcome to the forums!

Comment

Working...
              X