Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hello everyone,

I suppose it's only polite than I introduce myself to your community. My name is Aruinn (or Liam, either is fine), I'm 22 and I'm a performance student.

I discovered paganism when I was in school and fell in love with what was at the time the mystery of this strange way of life. I've always loved mythology and folklore and always secretly hoped the gods and especially goddesses (who reminded me of my mum and nan) from my reading were real somehow; as I matured I realised there was a path I could follow that would allow my beliefs validation.

I don't follow a specific path because the part of my brain that considers religion is always changing and rearranging; I believe religion is there to be challenged and changed and evolved. However, I'm very firm in the beliefs that have stuck with me, and don't like the negative connotations I've come across, especially online, when referred to as an "eclectic pagan" ... as if I'm some kind of ignorant, abrasive thief. I like to think long and hard about everything, especially something as important as religion.

So that's a little bit (maybe too much!) about me. I'm looking forward to taking part in some discussions.

Welcome to MW!
    "You get a wonderful view from the point of no return" -- T. Pratchett

No matter how beautifully presented, it's still a plate of bullshit. It never ceases to amaze me that people will still swallow it knowing exactly what it is they're swallowing. ~ Me

"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest."
    — Confucius

Comment

Welcome to MW! I hope you enjoy your time here.

*Passes over pitcher of Blue's Lemonade and a plate of cookies*
      It's been minutes, it's been days. It's been all that I remember. <3

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome to MW and enjoy your path of discovery
            :boing:The only thing that sucks around here is a straw.:boing:

Comment

Thanks for the welcomes!

Comment

Welcome. You have a beautiful name, Aruinn.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemyss View Post
                  Welcome. You have a beautiful name, Aruinn.
                  Thank you. It's a Gaelic name that I chose to honour my ancestors - plus, I'm in love with Gaelic languages.

Comment

Originally posted by Aruinn View Post
                    Thank you. It's a Gaelic name that I chose to honour my ancestors - plus, I'm in love with Gaelic languages.
                    I love Gaelic languages too, but I know almost nothing about them.

Happy Trails...

Comment

Welcome To MW!

fell in love with what was at the time the mystery of this strange way of life. I've always loved mythology and folklore.
                      Same here,I'm a Very proud mythology lover,Actually my love tends to border obsession sometimes.

I don't follow a specific path because the part of my brain that considers religion is always changing and rearranging; I believe religion is there to be challenged and changed and evolved. However, I'm very firm in the beliefs that have stuck with me, and don't like the negative connotations I've come across, especially online, when referred to as an "eclectic pagan" ... as if I'm some kind of ignorant, abrasive thief. I like to think long and hard about everything, especially something as important as religion.
                      You sound like a very interesting mind,Alot like my own.I look forward to Seeing what you have to say in the Comunity.Let me be the first to give you a big welcome hug.*Big Hug*

What I mean to say is,Yes,In the end we are all in the same boat.We're all just too busy trying to sink eachother to see it.~Me

Change is the only consistant thing in this world~Me

I am a Women,Therefore it is in my very Nature to be soul deep,caring,Increadibly complex and a constant source of awe and headaches!~Me

Exactly Why is it that 'With all Due Respect' really means kiss my ass.~Me

sigpic
                      http://cooltext.com/

Comment

Thank you very much.

Nemyss: I'm not exactly an expert but I started learning Scots about a year ago. If you're interested I could suggest some books and websites.
                        Last edited by Aruinn; December 6th, 2010, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X