Obama's speech.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vampiel View Post
    Fahrenheit 451.. in other words, read the actual bills.
    Wait. You don't have a counter-argument, so he has to read the bills?
    What can we do to help you stop screaming?

Comment

Originally posted by watersprite View Post
      Yes, Americans are ready for change. We NEED change. We need our soldiers home. We need not to be so poor we can't afford to get medical help, heat of food.
      Yeah, good thing we got Obama as president to bring us that change. Oh, wait...

Well, we still have to give him his 100 days. Oh wait, we did that too.. so where is the change?
      Last edited by Laisrean; February 18th, 2010, 07:29 PM.
      “If you are going through hell, keep going." ~ Winston Churchill

"If someone gets into your house, which would you rather have, a handgun or a telephone? You can call the police if you want, and they'll get there, and they'll take a picture of your dead body. But they can't get there in time to save your life. The first line of defense is you." ~ Tom Palmer

"It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights – the "right" to education, the "right" to health care, the "right" to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery – hay and a barn for human cattle." ~ Alexis De Tocquiville

Comment

Originally posted by SolitaryScholar View Post
        I saw it twice in a row, and I was absolutely riveted each time. Before I knew it the speeches were over and I was longing to hear more from his lips. I would follow the man to the ends of the Earth, I find him charismatic, yes, but I also believe the head on his shoulders is a very good one and he'd be amazing for our country. :hahugh:
        Similar things were said about Hitler by the defendants at the Nuremberg trials.

"If someone gets into your house, which would you rather have, a handgun or a telephone? You can call the police if you want, and they'll get there, and they'll take a picture of your dead body. But they can't get there in time to save your life. The first line of defense is you." ~ Tom Palmer

"It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights – the "right" to education, the "right" to health care, the "right" to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery – hay and a barn for human cattle." ~ Alexis De Tocquiville

Comment

Originally posted by Laisrean View Post
          Similar things were said about Hitler by the defendants at the Nuremberg trials.

Our ignorance is not so vast as our failure to use what we know. ~ M. King Hubbert

Comment

Yeah, good thing we got Obama as president to bring us that change. Oh, wait...

Well, we still have to give him his 100 days. Oh wait, we did that too.. so where is the change?
            For Pete's sake, Lais. You just like... rezzed this thread to fling yourself upon the martyr's pike that is Godwin's Law, or something.
            "The cosmos is also within us, we're made of star stuff.
            We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

Carl Sagan, as quoted by The Symphony of Science

Comment

I'm reving the thread to point out that I was right about Obama all along.

Comment

Obama provides a semblance of "hope" that something may change. He's motivated a lot of America, even to the least effect such as the prodding of the creation of the Tea Party movement, if you want to play that game.

Frankly, the dude's not been in office for two years. He can't miraculously cure the economy, or wave a magic wand and fix everyone's woes. I doubt anyone could do that in one term. MAYBE in two terms.

Nobody here has claimed the man is a messiah. He's someone who appears to have good intentions, but hasn't yet realized that he can't play BS "bipartisan" games if he wants to accomplish anything. HE may be capable of fair play, but obviously some folks aren't...

Comment

Really? Has he declared himself "King Hussein" yet?

Our ignorance is not so vast as our failure to use what we know. ~ M. King Hubbert

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite Grey View Post
                    Really? Has he declared himself "King Hussein" yet?
                    No one ever declares themselves to be anything disparaging. Did Hitler declare himself to be an evil man? No. But he didn't need to, because his actions proved it. A leader should be judged by his actions, not by his words.

Comment

No one ever declares themselves to be anything disparaging. Did Hitler declare himself to be an evil man? No. But he didn't need to, because his actions proved it. A leader should be judged by his actions, not by his words.
                      I can't believe you're seriously comparing Obama to HITLER.

Come on. We don't even have the Death Panels yet!

Comment

You have good day and a bad days don't you?

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite Grey View Post
                          You have good day and a bad days don't you?
                          What?

Comment

What?
                            You have good days and bad days... I'm remarking on how you bounce between extremes, one day you're offering reasonable arguments and the next you're comparing Obama to Hitler.

Comment

Originally posted by memnoch View Post
                              A politician who comes out of nowhere, quickly rises to power, a very charismatic speaker who promises a change the people can believe in, a new hope...where have I seen this before?
                              heh eh eh, I just have to mention... hows that changy thingy stuff going for ya... eh?

:rollingla
                              You will always do what you think, if you think you cannot change because that is always who you were - that is always who you will be. If you think you decide who you are despite what you have done in the past, and can decide who you are today you will. Do not chain yourself to the past or the future, but what you can decide in the present.

Comment

Originally posted by Sequoia View Post
                                I can't believe you're seriously comparing Obama to HITLER.

Come on. We don't even have the Death Panels yet!
                                Really? Because those comparisons started the moment he made a speech in Germany, while still fighting to become President. And then there is that hilarious Tea-bagger sign that there are pictures of all over the web declaring "tax payers are the Jews for Obama's oven".

Hitler/Obama comparisons are old hat. Because suggesting America not turn entirely into Galt's Gulch is far more fascistic than torturing people in secret prisons. Or something.
                                "Polidori once asked Byron what, besides scribble verses, he could do better than Polidori himself. Byron icily replied: 'Three things. First, I can hit with a pistol the keyhole of that door. Secondly, I can swim across that river to yonder point. And thirdly, I can give you a damned good thrashing.'"

Comment

Working...
                                X