What is in Area 51?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is in Area 51?

I'm sure we all know of this old peice of land that's now a very well protected airfield owned by the government, probably a favorite of alien-centric literature, movies, and video games.... but what do you think is *really* there? Do you believe roswell happened? Do you believe aliens are held there? Do you believe it's just another airfield that happened to be the suspect of weird rumors? Or maybe it's a high tech research facility of earthling nature?

I personally believe if anything special is being done at Area 51, it would be bio-research, specifically genetic and transgenic research... not aliens, but not human either... also possibly bio-weapons........ aliens are a cute story to cover it up since it seems to have made such a big cult...
    Captured/found aliens and UFOs of other than Earthly origin
    13.52%
    Advanced flight systems, at least at some point in time.
    21.31%
    Psychic/paranormal research.
    9.43%
    Bio-research: Genetics
    10.25%
    Bio-research: Bio-weapons, viruses, etc.
    13.52%
    Something so baffling nobody is yet to think of it
    9.43%
    Absolutely nothing, the truth is elsewhere.
    8.61%
    Other.
    13.93%

Well, it's supposed to be empty.
    Due to all the underground nuke tests they did.
    They used to test all the top secret planes out there.

However I don't know for sure if they are using it or not anymore.
    I do know you still don't want to get caught trying to enter that place!!
    In memory of my brother.
    July 12 1965-July 7 2005.
    May you find peace on your journey.

"To be a man you must have honor, honor and a penis!"
    ~ Shin Chan ~

Tormentor of Fairywolf!

Comment

I think it was a base for developing and testing advanced flight systems.
      Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish
      -Euripedes

No law ever written has stopped any robber, rapist or killer, like cold blue steel in the hands of their last intended victim.
      -W. Emerson Wright

Comment

What ever it is, it must be BIG because if your caught trespassing there, they can and will shoot you!!
        smckim has left the building.

Comment

My guess

It's where they use new kinds of weapons such as lazers and all that because if a lazer is shot it can go through anything for many of miles and that's why area 51 is so big! They also use newer and bigger versions of the nuclear bomb, named something else now though due to government secracy.

Comment

Put me down for
            Originally posted by CoolJ
            Or maybe it's a high tech research facility of earthling nature?
            Even normal aircraft can look odd from certain angles or in certain lighting, so I could easily see people mistaking experimental aircraft for UFOs. I rmember a few years ago when people were reporting seeing mysterious black flying wedges. Not long after that the air force unveiled the F-117.
            "I would rather make the gravest of mistakes than surrender my own judgement." -- Cora Munroe in Last of the Mohicans

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -- Conan the Barbarian in "Tower of the Elephant" by Robert E. Howard

"Moral outrage has little effect on a cat." -- Garrison Keillor

"There aren't many problems than can't be fixed
            with $700 and a .30-06." -- Jeff Cooper. Or maybe it was his daughter Lindy. I can't remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Gareth
              Well, it's supposed to be empty.
              Due to all the underground nuke tests they did.
              They used to test all the top secret planes out there.

However I don't know for sure if they are using it or not anymore.
              I do know you still don't want to get caught trying to enter that place!!
              Well, there's enough flights from Las Vegas every day to suggest that there's something still going on there ... unless they're all a cover up as well...

(There's a good fairly recent photo of the place on here ... http://www.lasvegasnow.com/area51/Area51-072503-LG.jpg )
              Last edited by LostSheep; November 7th, 2005, 12:24 PM.
              ~ Light up, light up, ~
              ~ As if you have a choice ~
              ~ Even if you cannot hear my voice, ~
              ~ I'll be right beside you dear. ~

^ Thanks to GEBS for my little friend here ^

:

Comment

My parents lived in Beatty for a short time, and when I went to see them we went by area 51, I really believe something is going on there, so many people and patrol officers, My Mom was there for 2 years and she swears there is and has a few stories, and she is a definate Non Believer inthat kind of stuff!!
                Being powerful is like being a lady If you have to tell people you are, you aren't

Advanced Paganism, Meditation
                and Books Forum Guide
                and also a writer for MW Magazine

Serenity is not freedom from the storm..it is peace during the storm

:fpraise: many thanks to Patriciaj for great banner

Its your life..live it as you like

myspace.com/Mydnitejazmine

my covens site
                http://groups.yahoo.com/group/archaic_silvermoon/

Comment

Advanced aircraft systems, experimental anti gravity (not quite what you see in star trek), layers of secrecy, other advanced propulsion systems. Captured crashed UFO parts (self destruct) and alien remains would have long since been taken back by the aliens. We would not have had the tech to prevent this. Attempts to duplicate their techknowledgy are under way full scale of course.

Thats what I think.
                  I have nothing to say in this 'bottom of the post' thingy.

Comment

I voted "Other." I haven't a flippin' clue.

(Thanks Flaire!)

Comment

Something so baffling nobody is yet to think of it. I'm sure if we found out we'd either laugh or cry. Perhaps both depending on what it was.
                      As I was walking all alane, I heard twa corbies making a mane, the tane unto the nither did day, What sall we gang and dine the day?

Comment

Originally posted by Meadhbh
                        Something so baffling nobody is yet to think of it. I'm sure if we found out we'd either laugh or cry. Perhaps both depending on what it was.
                        Either that or have FBI pay a visit.

Comment

I'm going with "other". I believe that place has the possibility for a million things to be happening. So I'm really not going to choose just one. i think I'll just say that I'm forsure something is going on there but as to what it is, I'll need more info before I jump to conclusions.
                          Official Site Step-Child
                          ~

~Child of Eros and Persephone~

Comment

Originally posted by CoolJ
                            I'm sure we all know of this old piece of land that's now a very well protected airfield owned by the government, probably a favorite of alien-centric literature, movies, and video games.... but what do you think is *really* there? Do you believe roswell happened? Do you believe aliens are held there? Do you believe it's just another airfield that happened to be the suspect of weird rumors? Or maybe it's a high tech research facility of earthling nature?

I personally believe if anything special is being done at Area 51, it would be bio-research, specifically genetic and transgenic research... not aliens, but not human either... also possibly bio-weapons........ aliens are a cute story to cover it up since it seems to have made such a big cult...

it's a high tech research facility of earthling nature, with aliens being a story to cover it up.

But Roswell still happened anyway....the crashing of some early earthling research into experimental vehicles, not aliens in a UFO that then got vivisected.
                            "...but fruit flies like a banana!"
                            Biggest Brightest Blessings!!!

I have no common sense, and I believe that each person not only has their own individual path to wherever they are going, but they have subconsciously used magick to 'think themselves' to wherever they are in the Infinite World of God Herself.

Use that grain of salt in digesting the above post.

Furthermore, there may be an absolute truth, but I believe that no mortal can encompass it. We are all blind-men dealing with the Elephant. My investigations of the rope (tail) may be of no help whatsoever in your investigations of the spear (tusk), and vice versa.

But it's fun to compare, anyway!

raxivar@yahoo.com

Comment

I voted "Other." I haven't a flippin' clue.
                              Ditto. Only maybe I would said "I haven't the foggiest clue" =P
                              ~Jen~

At home I serve the kind of food I know the story behind. ~ Michael Pollan

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught, will we realize that we cannot eat money. -Cree Proverb

People will always try to stop you from doing the right thing if it is unconventional. ~ Warren Buffett

Comment

Working...
                              X