have you been abducted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• have you been abducted?

I was just woundering with all the talk of aliens on this area, if anyone has had experiences with what they belive to be aliens, seen a ufo or actually been abducted.

Would be really interested to know.

I'm not sure of what I saw..could have been a trick of the night or something...
    Laying on a beach with a friend at nighttime while stargazing, we both noticed a bit of sky that was darker than the rest of the sky, sort of a starless void. After looking at it for a moment, three lights appeared in a triangular fomation, then moved about in a slow circular fashion. Then..it was gone.
    I don't know what we saw that night, but it certainly did leave us with an eerie feeling!
    Last edited by Merrilyn; July 30th, 2006, 12:43 PM.

"Home is behind, the world ahead,
    And there are many paths to tread
    Through shadows to the edge of night,
    Until the stars are all alight."
    J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

yeah i remember reading a lot about people seeing a triangular ufo last year.

Comment

It wasn't a triangular UFO. It was three lights in triangular formation...and it wasn't last year..I believe it was in '94.

J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

there was one ufo with lights in a trianglular formation that was a triangle, and there was a lot of hype about it last year. so you can see why i thought you might of been on about this one.

Comment

Yeah, I've heard about them as well. I'm not trying to get all supernatural here.. Like I said, I'm not sure of what we saw that night, but I know I haven't seen it since..LOL! Who knows?

J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

His name was Bob. He had eight eyes and said his people lived on the bottom of the ocean. I got released in exchange for 3 chocolate bars and a bag of weed but not before having to explain the intergalactic signifigance of Jessica Simpsons latest album.

Comment

Comment

well scince everyone seems a bit shy on this subject i thought i would put my experiences up and it might jog a few memories, i have been interested in ufo's for as long as i can remember and would like to say that i always go for the most logical reason before saying oh that must be a ufo.

i was on my way home from a friends in the midlands, i was driving down a quiet road at night when something shot over the top of the car, this was really close like it was on a parallel with the car and followed the shape of the car to miss me, it was white and i talked to a few people about it and they suggested it might be a bird or bat.
                  this is probable but it had lights.

i also saw what appeared to be a square staionary in the sky on another occation, the square was sectioned into four different colours witch rotated. and then it sped off.

i have been in road when whole lines of street lamps have gone off as i walked past them, and then come back on after i turned the corner.

radios dont like me, and i have a funny effect on my computer.

i dont think that i have been abducted but i think ive been near enough stuff to have an effect.

so come on dont be shy apperently 80% of americans belive they have had some sort of encounter, were are you all.

Comment

living out in the middle of nowhere.... ive seen alot of strange and spooky things, but ive never been abducted.

Comment

cool, anything worth telling us about, and do i detect a longing to space travell!!

Comment

Originally posted by kardell
                        so come on dont be shy apperently 80% of americans belive they have had some sort of encounter, were are you all.
                        I have trouble believing 80% of the American population thinking that they've had an encounter with extraterrestrials, really. Got a source on that?

My jury's out on the existence of extraterrestrials in general - there's no evidence for 'em, but the universe is big enough that that doesn't surprise me. I'm extremely skeptical of people who actually claim to have been abducted or experienced contact, though.
                        Patrick Stewart
                        {Historian|Writer|Memeticist|Artist|Transhumanist|Blogger} {in}errant
                        Homo sum: humani nil alienum a me puto
                        "Every generation has the obligation to free men's minds for a look at new worlds... to look out from a higher plateau than the last generation." - Ellison S. Onizuka
                        "The scorn of Nazis is a benediction." - Little Billy
                        "Squick is not a valid moral compass." - Chamelaeon

Did I really just attack you?

Today's Logical Fallacy: Appeal to Consequences

Comment

i might suggest you try reading UFO magazine, its not magazine printed out of someone house, but a highly organised group, with some of the leading experts in ufo contributing to it.

the 80% thats from there. also if you read Close encounters of the fourth kind that was a book of a conferance in the massatusis institute of technology a while back headed by Dr e.Mack leading psycologist, it was held over a four day period and covered everything from visual sightings to people who claim to have been abducted, theres referance to that about 80% also.

as for the evidence, well, that depends on where you look, :idea: actually think i might get my old magazines down.

Comment

Originally posted by Zibblsnrt
                            I have trouble believing 80% of the American population thinking that they've had an encounter with extraterrestrials, really. Got a source on that?
                            The claim that 3.7 million Americans have been abducted was based on a Roper Poll conducted between July and September 1991 and published in 1992. The authors were Budd Hopkins, a painter and sculptor; David Jacobs, a historian; and Ron Westrum, a sociologist (Hopkins, Jacobs, and Westrum 1992)......
                            ....In this case, 5,947 adults (a representative sample) were given a card listing eleven experiences and were asked to say whether each had happened to them more than twice, once or twice, or never.......
                            ...........The authors decided that "when a respondent answers `yes' to at least four of these five indicator questions, there is a strong possibility that individual is a UFO abductee." The only justification given is that Hopkins and Jacobs worked with nearly five hundred abductees over a period of seventeen years. They noticed that many of their abductees reported these experiences and jumped to the conclusion that people who have four or more of the experiences are likely to be abductees.
                            From there, the stunning conclusion of the Roper Poll was reached. Out of the 5,947 people interviewed, 119 (or 2 percent) had four or five of the indicators. Since the population represented by the sample was 185 million, the total number was 3.7 million -- hence the conclusion that nearly four million Americans have been abducted by aliens.
                            From UFOEvidence.org

------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Oakleaf Circle - Pagan Resources in the UK
                            Astrology!

Comment

Originally posted by kardell
                              i might suggest you try reading UFO magazine, its not magazine printed out of someone house, but a highly organised group, with some of the leading experts in ufo contributing to it.
                              Meh. I prefer something peer-reviewed for those kinds of claims, as opposed to a site which can't maintain a coherent website.

Originally posted by ValD
                              (Excerpt from UFOEvidence)
                              Okay, so two percent of people claim to be have had encounters, and that's assuming a really generous interpretation of the questions. I'll remain skeptical, to say the least.

(Incidentally, I took a look at a number of those "UFO photos" on that site. Amazing how many alien spacecraft these days have feathers and beaks..)
                              Patrick Stewart
                              {Historian|Writer|Memeticist|Artist|Transhumanist|Blogger} {in}errant
                              Homo sum: humani nil alienum a me puto
                              "Every generation has the obligation to free men's minds for a look at new worlds... to look out from a higher plateau than the last generation." - Ellison S. Onizuka
                              "The scorn of Nazis is a benediction." - Little Billy
                              "Squick is not a valid moral compass." - Chamelaeon

Did I really just attack you?

Today's Logical Fallacy: Appeal to Consequences

Comment

Working...
                              X