No announcement yet.

UFOs? have alien beings visited earth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFOs? have alien beings visited earth?

Do you believe that alien beings have visited earth, or are presently here?
    YES
    43.33%
    MAYBE/NOT SURE
    30.00%
    NO
    20.00%
    Who cares?!
    6.67%

The poll is expired.

You never know. I keep an open mind but Idon't think even if they have come here that they plan or lanching a full scale invasion.
    As I was walking all alane, I heard twa corbies making a mane, the tane unto the nither did day, What sall we gang and dine the day?

Comment

maybe not sure what is meant by "alien"?nonhuman entities pervade our realms and some humans pervade theirs
      but are they alien ? space is alive and whirling with life everywhere each atom dancing in joy.is that alien?closed minds out for lunch are alien.isolated some humans seem alien.some times 'feel' alien.who knows what is valid perception in space?what textures or fields of perception will have future survival value?or what infinite vistas of liberties of the mind remain there unknown waiting for our childrens children like colours still unexplored in human retina?where is it all going?how can time seem linear and yet so round and round?how is causality interlaced?how were human nervous systems navigated in
      lots of human cultures before ours with space vehicles and airships.
      i don't know ½% and i have not made my mind up on what to say on all those things.yet.
      plenty crews fly around since old.mostly human,&not only this blue ball has atmosphere...the rest is "secret"
      sigpic
      AsStanzasofCyan!
      Bro:.Blue:.

Comment

If they have, I don't believe they've done so in recorded history.

I'm convinced extraterrestrial life exists in one form or another - the universe is just too big not to think so, IMO - but I'm far from convinced that there's anything with either the ability or the inclination to stealthily skulk around rural Earth.
        Patrick Stewart
        {Historian|Writer|Memeticist|Artist|Transhumanist|Blogger} {in}errant
        Homo sum: humani nil alienum a me puto
        "Every generation has the obligation to free men's minds for a look at new worlds... to look out from a higher plateau than the last generation." - Ellison S. Onizuka
        "The scorn of Nazis is a benediction." - Little Billy
        "Squick is not a valid moral compass." - Chamelaeon

Did I really just attack you?

Today's Logical Fallacy: Appeal to Consequences

Comment

Yes.
          I saw a UFO in West Seattle when I was about 9. Totally serious.
          I found out later it's been seen around the world too.
          And that people in the Seattle saw it and reported it on UFO report sites.

I think they were here in ancient times too.

Do I think everyone who claims to be abducted has? No. There are other explainations.
          Do I think every UFO seen is a UFO? No.

Comment

I'm not sure since I haven't seen any UFOs or aliens, as far as I know or recall, but there could be, past and present. I want to delve more into UFOlogy at some point, maybe when I'm abducted?

Comment

I was gonna post something along these lines, kudos Peatbog!!!
              "If there's a Heaven up above I know
              she's teaching angels how to love"
              ~ R. Kelly....and me
              Love you, mom....

"I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is over self." --- Aristotle

"Friendship is the beginning of love; love is the beginning of life."
              ~Source Unknown

"And our scars remind us, that the past is real, I tear my heart open....just to feel..." ~ Papa Roach

"Yeah, I think I'll have more luck with the girl if I'm drunk, cause a drunk me is like a sober you"
              ~ one of my co-workers

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/cheshireeyes

"*shakes head* Without CE there would be no reason to drop by MW!:hahugh:" ~~~ lowlinora
              http://www.mysticwicks.com/showpost....&postcount=114

Comment

Originally posted by Agaliha View Post
                Yes.
                I saw a UFO in West Seattle when I was about 9. Totally serious.
                I found out later it's been seen around the world too.
                And that people in the Seattle saw it and reported it on UFO report sites.

I think they were here in ancient times too.

Do I think everyone who claims to be abducted has? No. There are other explainations.
                Do I think every UFO seen is a UFO? No.
                Who are you and what have you done with the real Agaliha?!
                "If there's a Heaven up above I know
                she's teaching angels how to love"
                ~ R. Kelly....and me
                Love you, mom....

"I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is over self." --- Aristotle

"Friendship is the beginning of love; love is the beginning of life."
                ~Source Unknown

"And our scars remind us, that the past is real, I tear my heart open....just to feel..." ~ Papa Roach

"Yeah, I think I'll have more luck with the girl if I'm drunk, cause a drunk me is like a sober you"
                ~ one of my co-workers

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/cheshireeyes

"*shakes head* Without CE there would be no reason to drop by MW!:hahugh:" ~~~ lowlinora
                http://www.mysticwicks.com/showpost....&postcount=114

Comment

I would like to invite any Aliens seeing this post to become a Mystic Wicks Member, Log On, tell us your story, post a photo of yourself and offer some form of proof that will resonate truth and evidence for even the skeptics!

And if you cannot do all of this today, please post back anyway and tell us when we can expect a broader communication from your civilization to the rest of humanity on this Earth.

Thank You,

Derestanne

Comment

Originally posted by Derestanne View Post
                    I would like to invite any Aliens seeing this post to become a Mystic Wicks Member, Log On, tell us your story, post a photo of yourself and offer some form of proof that will resonate truth and evidence for even the skeptics!

And if you cannot do all of this today, please post back anyway and tell us when we can expect a broader communication from your civilization to the rest of humanity on this Earth.

Thank You,

Derestanne
                    <3
                    "We all live under the same sky, but we don't see the same horizon."

Comment

c'mon, share your true stories!

Let's hear some stories from Peoples who've actually been in contact with Aliens.

Comment

I've never seen any "Aliens" but I have had a couple of odd experiences. One in particular happened 2 years ago this last August. I'm an amature astronomer and spend a lot of time out in the dark looking up and I can tell the difference between a plane, a satellite, birds, etc. I also live in between the flight paths of SeaTac Airport and McChord AFB.

On this particular night I had gone out on my deck to check the skies... Washington weather can change pretty quickly. Anyway, I was on my deck which faces east and I turned to the west to see if the clouds were clearing, when I noticed a silver light streaking across the skies. There was no noise, no bobbing like a bird, etc. just like a satellite, only low. I went around the house to see if I could track it as it went north, but by the time I got the the front (west side) of the house it was gone.

Now, this is where things get odd. I'm looking at the clouds to the west, they were very pretty as it was near sunset and the clouds were orange and red colored. I noticed what I first thought were "embers" floating in the air. As I watched them, rather than rising like embers from a fire, they were falling out of a cloud. Also it was August and as is pretty typical around here there was a burn ban on, so its pretty doubful these things were really embers. The area where I saw them was over the house, barn and pasture of the place across the street.

Anyway as these things reached a certain distance from the ground they turned in a northenly direction. It was like they dropped down to about 100 or so feet off the ground and then they would make a turn so they were moving parallel to the ground and go north. They traveled about 50 yards or so, and simply turned off. Just like someone had flipped a switch. It was simply "Blip" and they were gone. As I watched these lights I saw that they were in fact gold balls of light about the size of a dime held at arms length. Round gold colored spheres is about the best way I can describe them.

In all I watched 10 of these gold balls come out of the cloud and go to the north only to switch off a short distance away. The third one deviated from its course in that it took a "dip" further down toward the ground after it had turned north, then regained its altitude and then switched off. There were sometimes two or three of them in the sky at the same time. All in all the "sighting" lasted about 10 minutes.

I reported this to the National UFO Reporting Center in Seattle and about 8 months later (I don't spend much time there), was looking their their recent reports and noted that there were two sightings almost identical to what I'd seen in the Puyallup area, which is about 5 miles east of where I live.

What were they? I have no idea. Were they alien? You're guess is as good as mine. Like I say, I'm an astronomer, and I can recognize an awful lot of natural and man made things but this one beats me.
                        Last edited by WitchCraftWeaver; September 9th, 2006, 02:33 AM.
                        WitchCraftWeaver sigpic

THE EXPLANATION OF ANY PHENOMENON SHOULD MAKE AS FEW ASSUMPTIONS AS POSSIBLE, ELIMINATING THOSE THAT MAKE NO DIFFERENCE IN THE OBSERVABLE PREDICTIONS OF THE EXPLANATORY HYPOTHESIS OR THEORY
                        (Translation for those of you NOT paying attention - "All other things being equal, the simplest solution is the best.") William of Ockham (Occam's Razor)

Comment

These sound very much like floating air candles - I've made them!
                          The ones I made were very simple - coloured tissue paper stuck over a lightweight wooden cube-shaped frame, with the bottom side side left open, and a small candle hanging by cotton thread underneath; a hot-air balloon, in effect.
                          They rise up into the air surprisingly fast and can get very high; then they look like little glowing balls of light (colours depending on the colour of the paper, of course). Once they hit a certain height, they can get caught by upper-level winds - this would account for the sudden sideways movement that you witnessed. And of course, they disappear from sight once the candle burns out.
                          So that's my guess at to what you saw.
                          Last edited by ValD; September 9th, 2006, 09:45 AM.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Oakleaf Circle - Pagan Resources in the UK
                          Astrology!

Comment

Originally posted by PeatBog View Post
                            Do you believe that alien beings have visited earth, or are presently here?
                            Naw. People who go slumming rarely hang around.
                            What can we do to help you stop screaming?

Comment

I've seen a few odd things which could have been classed as UFO's -although never be sure it wasn't something to do with the miltary in the area

Think its interesting to see how similiar some of the old angel encounters are similar to modern day alien encounters though

Comment

Working...
                              X