Alien Abduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alien Abduction

Did I search and only found one thread about alien abduction...though I'm sure there are some scattered here and there.

So just curious...
    What are your thoughts on alien abductions?
    And have you ever been abducted?

Some info:

Possible Signs That You Have Been Abducted
    --Feeling you are Special or Chosen or have an important task to perform
    --Have a memory of having a special place with spiritual significance, when you were a youngster
    --Fear or anxiety over the subject of aliens or UFOs
    --Sensitivity to issues affecting the Earth, its environment and all life forms than other people
    --Fear of being kidnapped or abnormal constantly monitoring of your surroundings
    --Insomnia or sleep disorders which are puzzling to you
    --Must sleep against the wall or must sleep with your bed against a wall
    --Paralyzed in bed with a being in your room
    --Dreams of flying or being outside your body
    --Dreams of passing through a closed window or solid wall
    --Dreams about seeing UFOs, being inside UFOs, or interacting with UFO occupants
    --Dreams of doctors or medical procedures
    --Dreams of destruction or catastrophe
    --Dreams wherein superior beings, angels, or aliens are educating you about ---mankind, the universe, global changes or future events
    --A waking memory of being inside a UFO or interacting with its occupants
    --Feeling of being watched much of the time, especially at night
    --Seeing unexplained balls of lights or beings when in bed
    --Beams of light outside your home, or come into your room through a window
    --Hearing unexplained physical noises
    --Unexplained nosebleeds especially when you wake-up
    --Awakened to discover unexplainable marks or bruises on your body
    --Awoken with soreness in your genitals which can not be explained
    --X-rays or other procedures reveal unexplainable foreign objects lodged in your body
    --Sinus trouble or migraine headaches
    --Frequent or sporadic ringing in your ears, especially in one ear
    --Unusual scars or marks with no possible explanation on how you received them -small scoop indentation, straight line scar, triangular marks, scars in roof of mouth, in nose, behind or in ears
    --Unusual fear of doctors or tend to avoid medical treatment
    --Missing or lost time
    --Compelled to drive or walk to an out of the way or unknown area
    --A strange fog or haze that should not be there
    --Strange humming or pulsing sounds, and you could not identify the source
    --Seeing one or more UFO's up close within short walking or driving distance
    --One or more sighting experiences
    --A strong "marker memory" that will not go away (i.e.: an alien face, an examination, a needle, a table, a strange skinny baby
    --DNA genetic encodings activated - increased psychic abilities
    --Channeled telepathic messages from extraterrestrials
    --Recall your children or parents speaking of similar experiences on occasion
    A snippet from the wikipedia article: Abduction phenomenon
    As folklorist Dr. Eddie Bullard has noted (his essay is reprinted in Clark, 1998), most abduction accounts feature the following events. They generally follow the sequence noted below, though not all abductions feature all the events:
    1. Capture (Abductees taken from room/area and find themselves in the "ship")
    2. Examination (Probes inserted in different areas, etc.)
    3. Conference ("Aliens" speak with abductees)
    4. Tour (Not always described but some abductees claim to be shown the ship)
    5. Loss of Time (Many abductees suffer from periods of time removed from their memory, often coming back to them later)
    6. Return (Returned, sometimes with environmental changes)
    7. Theophany (a profound mystical experience, a feeling of oneness with God or the universe)
    8. Aftermath (Sickness, new phobias, ridicule, etc.)
    The Skeptic's Dictionary: Alien Abduction

And Extraterrestrial Life > Alien Abductions (13 sites)

I've seen unexplained orbs of light, or light beams, while in bed. I chalk it down to imagination since all the lights in the house are turned off. Since hardly any of the other listed indicators apply to me, I, hopefully, haven't been abducted.

Comment

Well, according to your list, I've been abducted, but if I have, its news to me.

But I think others have been, anything is possible.
      "If there's a Heaven up above I know
      she's teaching angels how to love"
      ~ R. Kelly....and me
      Love you, mom....

"I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is over self." --- Aristotle

"Friendship is the beginning of love; love is the beginning of life."
      ~Source Unknown

"And our scars remind us, that the past is real, I tear my heart open....just to feel..." ~ Papa Roach

"Yeah, I think I'll have more luck with the girl if I'm drunk, cause a drunk me is like a sober you"
      ~ one of my co-workers

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/cheshireeyes

"*shakes head* Without CE there would be no reason to drop by MW!:hahugh:" ~~~ lowlinora
      http://www.mysticwicks.com/showpost....&postcount=114

Comment

LOL I am the same as Cheshire Eyes...according to the list I have been abducted and its news to me

Although I did go through a stage of wanting to be abducted when I was younger honestly don't believe I have been

Think its possible it does go on -though how many times they can repeat the same sort of experiments seems weird to me

Comment

Heh, that's a rather silly list of "signs," and reads as though it's intended to match up at least a few points with every single member of the population. Of course, it is. Lists like those exist for everything from "indigo children" to would-be school shooters; they're almost all consciously designed to cast as wide a net as possible to prove how "accurate" they are.

Weird dreams, including some of the most utterly standard ones humans have? Preferred sleeping positions? Sinus trouble?

Come on.
          Patrick Stewart
          {Historian|Writer|Memeticist|Artist|Transhumanist|Blogger} {in}errant
          Homo sum: humani nil alienum a me puto
          "Every generation has the obligation to free men's minds for a look at new worlds... to look out from a higher plateau than the last generation." - Ellison S. Onizuka
          "The scorn of Nazis is a benediction." - Little Billy
          "Squick is not a valid moral compass." - Chamelaeon

Did I really just attack you?

Today's Logical Fallacy: Appeal to Consequences

Comment

Hey, I know. I have a lot of signs on that list as well and I don't think I've ever been abducted.
            It's the list that's been going around the internet for years. I didn't post it because I thought it was 100% true, rather it's the list that tons of people base their abductions by.

I think alien abductions have happened, but I am also aware of tons of other causes.
            Sleep Paralysis-- my sister has this really bad as well as mild narcolepsy (well she's been to some sleep clinics, but it has yet to be confirmed) or something with sleep where she can lay down and be in REM right away. She's told me of many times were she felt like she was abducted.
            I think there are many explaination.
            But I also think they do occur. Who has the real abduction and who doesn't....I don't know.
            Last edited by Agaliha; September 10th, 2006, 06:02 PM.

Comment

yah i have had quite a few of those signs too, although i dont think i have been ubducted

i did have an odd experience though.

i was watching a show on alien abuction, and remarked to my bf, i wonder why they havent abducted me, its not like i dont belive in them, and if they want to fix my leg they can.

that night i woke up, with sleep paralisis, and there was a tall big headed being next to my bed (he was kind of back lit so i dont know what he really looked like). i was mortified. i told it through clinched teeth to go away. and eventually i fell back asleep and woke up in the morning.

i asked my bf if he heard anything that night, he said he didnt and that actually it was the best sleep he had in a while (since i tend to kick him while sleeping cause of my restless leg syndrome)

i still dont know if it was real, or if it was the power of suggestion.
              "What ever happens, happens" Spike (Cowboy Bebop)
              "If 7 of 9 heaves a sigh, what does that make her, a Cyborg" Kitsurubami (FLCL)
              "If you do too much they will get dependant on you, and if you do too little they will lose faith in you, but when you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all" The god nebula (Futurama)
              "The moon steals its shine from the sun, yet no one ever gets them confused" the art teacher (Boondocks)
              My blogs... boring stuff about me, and my regular tarot draws. My Space
              My cats musings Herbie's Space

Comment

Originally posted by bbnflpn View Post
                that night i woke up, with sleep paralisis, and there was a tall big headed being next to my bed (he was kind of back lit so i dont know what he really looked like). i was mortified. i told it through clinched teeth to go away. and eventually i fell back asleep and woke up in the morning.
                Seeing strqnge things like that is quite typical of sleep paralysis/hypnogic sleep. The question is - if the brain can produce such convincing visions of menacing "aliens" during sleep disturbances, how would you know when the aliens are real?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Oakleaf Circle - Pagan Resources in the UK
                Astrology!

Comment

i agree,thats why i said i didnt know if it was real or not.
                  it was very real when it was happening though.
                  "What ever happens, happens" Spike (Cowboy Bebop)
                  "If 7 of 9 heaves a sigh, what does that make her, a Cyborg" Kitsurubami (FLCL)
                  "If you do too much they will get dependant on you, and if you do too little they will lose faith in you, but when you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all" The god nebula (Futurama)
                  "The moon steals its shine from the sun, yet no one ever gets them confused" the art teacher (Boondocks)
                  My blogs... boring stuff about me, and my regular tarot draws. My Space
                  My cats musings Herbie's Space

Comment

From NOVA: Kidnapped by UFOs?

Comment

I think abductions are real. I dont think I've been abducted though there was time I was out with a few friends, way out in the woods on this dirt road and we all seen bright red lights in the woods and somehow lost 6hrs right after. Id love to know what happened that day.

This is my dragon Titania made by instinct

MySpace
                      CovenSpace
                      Facebook
                      PaganSpace.com
                      PaganSpace.net

Comment

The following happened - i dont know how - and i dont know if it involved aliens - but i will never be able to figure it out.

Side note: i never allowed my children to watch unlimited tv, and never allowed them to watch weird crappy stuff about ghosts and aliens and such.

When my son was 3 (he is 10 now) - and had no tv knowledge, outside knowledge, or ever heard anyone speak of aliens - he woke up one morning and asked me why the tall man was in his room the night before. He described lights that made him unable to see for a while, and he said, and i quote, ' mum, the man said he was an alien.......whats an alien?'

OK - was freak out time for me - as i knew he had never been exposed to any sort of information of this kind.

Over the next year - he had these kinds of things happen to him, not too regularly, but he was never frightened.
                        One day however he was frightened and insisted that the tall man was trying to take him out of his bedroom through the window. I asked him what had happened next, and he said he couldnt remember.
                        I stayed in his room for a while each night, and he seemed to settle. I never witnessed anything weird occuring.

That was the last time he ever mentioned anything of this kind.

I dont suppose I will ever know what went on.

Comment

Originally posted by Agaliha View Post
                          And have you ever been abducted?
                          If I was, I hope I had the good sense to steal their hubcaps.
                          What can we do to help you stop screaming?

Comment

Originally posted by puchidevil View Post
                            The following happened - i dont know how - and i dont know if it involved aliens - but i will never be able to figure it out.

Side note: i never allowed my children to watch unlimited tv, and never allowed them to watch weird crappy stuff about ghosts and aliens and such.

When my son was 3 (he is 10 now) - and had no tv knowledge, outside knowledge, or ever heard anyone speak of aliens...
                            You're certain of that? Only if you lived way out in the sticks with no TV, no radio, no neighbours, your son didn't play with any other kids, never went to anybody else's house, never met anybody else. Otherwise, there's plenty of ways he could have heard of aliens.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Oakleaf Circle - Pagan Resources in the UK
                            Astrology!

Comment

Originally posted by ValD View Post
                              You're certain of that? Only if you lived way out in the sticks with no TV, no radio, no neighbours, your son didn't play with any other kids, never went to anybody else's house, never met anybody else. Otherwise, there's plenty of ways he could have heard of aliens.
                              Actually - i am 100% certain that my son had never been exposed to the kind of topics like aliens etc prior to him mentioning the subject to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X