No announcement yet.

Believe in UFOs and/or Aliens?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you believe in UFOs and/or Aliens? Why?
    Hmm... I don't know. Not because I don't think it is possible but I believe if there were offical aliens there wouldn't be such a hype around them.

If you don't believe in them, how do you explain the many sightings?
    Ever considered our fellow man might be doing this? I think it more likely. If people are truly getting abducted and abused by 'aliens' have they considered that it may be an advanced form of plane and that they are testing all sorts on them?

If you do believe in them, why do you think they "visit" Earth?
    If I believed in them... i'd say because we are an extremely destructive race and it would probably be entertaining to watch us destroy each other.

If you have seen them, why did you think they showed themselves to you?
    Haven't seen em.

Do you think they have had some influence over our history, i.e. Egyptian myths, etc.?
    Well, I don't think they have had anything to do with our technology and architecture, however, there are many myths... however, I think it more likely for them to be spirits than aliens.

Comment

Originally posted by Xander67 View Post
      We do not have any device capable of doing some of the things that were done in egypt.

For example, there is a 200 ton statue that was moved a great distance...

There is nothing in existance that we know of that could do this even today.. 200 Tons??

I am not saying that ET's did it, but perhaps it is possibile that Ancient Egypt and the Mayans were in possession of knowledge and abilities we do not...
      200 tons? What weighed that much? I'm sure they've bult bigger stuff, the only thing preventing us is economic freedom.

To be honest, what the Ancient Egyptians, Mayans and other civilizations did is great for their tech level, but it can be done. Some of what they did, like make 100% pure iron, is a mystery to us, that doesn't mean we can't do it, we either don't know how or don't have the resources to do so.
      ......with liberty and justice for all;
      For all means for all without exceptions!

What is more valuable than liberty? Nothing, not even my own life. As without liberty, is life really worth living?

"those who would give up a little liberty, to gain a little security, deserve neither, and will lose both." -Benjamin Franklin

"Don't Tread on Me" - Forgot

Comment

I believe in alien life on other planets. Of COURSE UFOs are real...that's why they are called UFOs. We don't know *what* they are. More than likely they are experimental aircraft from one of the world governments. I do not believe that the Gods of our Ancestors however, were aliens. That's just silly.

In Life on other planets, yes. We cannot be the only life out there.
        Mass Hysteria.
        I don't think that they do.
        I have not seen them
        Do you think they have had some influence over our history, i.e. Egyptian myths, etc.?
        I do not. I think if they come here to our boring little blue marble, it's as tourists. We just aren't that interesting.
        Last edited by Allytria; October 23rd, 2009, 07:15 AM. Reason: didn't stick to topic well.

Comment

I believe in both..since I think they are related to each other.

This universe is so huge we can't even imagine it..and it is constantly expanding. It's kind of selfish to believe we are the only ones who exist in the entire universe. Just because there aren't earthlike conditions anywhere near us, doesn't mean there aren't beings created that can withstand those conditions..our own planet is filled with countless other species that withstand things we cannot..

The universe is old, too..I kinda like the idea that other humans in far away galaxies have already advanced over millions of years and deposited life forms on this planet to see how it flourished..and they check up on us every now and then. Maybe some live among us. We may be evolving into creatures like them. It's really no more bizarre a thought than a bearded man in the sky clapping his hands and out comes two fully developed people.. :P

Anyway, I have experienced one very memorable UFO experience with my whole family.

I was about 6 or 7. My younger siblings and I were riding back home late one night with our parents from their friend's house. We were driving into town and approaching an overpass. We saw a BRIGHT blue light flashing and moving very quickly along the overpass..so we thought it was the cops. But then we noticed that the light was not on the overpass but in the sky, and moved to the left of us in the night sky. My parents stopped the car and my dad got out . All I remember is the light hovering way out in the sky and my dad saying, "Let's get the hell outta here!"

My parents confirm the story..and have had one other UFO experience of their own. Whether it was aliens or not, we have not identified it so it remains a UFO :D

Comment

Originally posted by ninurta2008 View Post
            200 tons? What weighed that much? I'm sure they've bult bigger stuff, the only thing preventing us is economic freedom.

To be honest, what the Ancient Egyptians, Mayans and other civilizations did is great for their tech level, but it can be done. Some of what they did, like make 100% pure iron, is a mystery to us, that doesn't mean we can't do it, we either don't know how or don't have the resources to do so.
            Absolutely not. I will get the link for you to show you where I read it but even in the 21st century our most modern equiptment can not place with astrological precision, the amount of 2.5 stone blocks on top of the larger 15 ton and 70 ton blocks used to construct a pyramid. For one thing, there has not been to date anyone that could explain how they were built other than theories. This is why they are still one of the seven wonders of the world.
            11 Year Member
            Forum Guide for
            Astrology and the UFO & Extraterrestrial forums.

Comment

I believe in both. I know that some UFOs may simply be top secret aircraft from the military or whatever but some UFOs may also be alien spacecrafts. I do believe in extraterrestrials. I don't know if they have visited earth or not but I believe that they probably have. :uhhuhuh:

Whether or not they are friendly is a different story. Since I believe that there is probably more than one species of extraterrestrial out there, I would say that some are friendly and some are not.

As to whether or not they are intelligent, my answer is pretty much the same as above. Since I believe there is more than one species of extraterrestrial, I believe that some are intelligent and some are not. Whether or not any of them are more intelligent than humans or even capable of space flight, I don't know. I suspect, though, that at least one species is capable of space flight and has probably visited the earth at one point or another history.

Comment

Yes..I think its arrogant to say we're the only intelligent life in existence. As for UFOs...I don't think its far fetched that some alien species have mastered space flight.

curiosity...I think that's a pretty logical reason. As for making direct contact with us: I think it is something they avoid. Advanced civilizations always destroy the less advanced civilization either intentionally or unintentionally. I would think a civilization that can travel through space and have their own history would see that pattern.

never seen one

no..XD. If they had that much influence over us we would be traveling through space by now.
                http://twitter.com/winterelf86
                http://silvertygress.deviantart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophia View Post

I believe in them very much. I think they come to earth either to scout for resources or are just curious. My friend has gotme a little paranoid that it will end up like when the europeans took over north/ south america.
                  They may have a small amountof influence onhistory
                  :boing:Bouncey, Bouncey, Bouncey......

"are the bad people gone?"

commander sheapard: Put more of the stuff in the... the thing more stuff goes in.

Commander Shepard: You think I'm crazy, don't you?
                  Urdnott Wrex: Sometimes crazy is the best way to go.

Ashley Williams: Why is it whenever someone says "with all due respect", they really mean "kiss my ass"?

Comment

Yes. I can't believe that we are the only ones out there. In fact, funnily enough, there may be life out there that sees itself as the only life form as well!

N/A

See, I don't. I don't even think that they are aware of us. And if they are...why would they want to? Unless for research purposes or to discover new life for themselves?

N/A

Maybe in some ways, yes.
                    "If the stars should appear but one night every thousand years how man would marvel and stare." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Remember your spirituality" - Ganesha to a friend in a dream, 2008

Comment

I believe in aliens and I believe there are UFO's but I want to elaborate on that- UFO's are Unidentified Flying Objects- the possibility of not being related to aliens is there, so I voted aliens only.

This universe is filled with many possibilities including others like us who have created civilization on other planets

I do believe in them, but the validity of sightings is still up for debate. There are those out there who would gladly fake a sighting for their own enjoyment, when I read about sightings I err on the side of caution always. When I was younger I remember seeing a UFO twice and it definitely was what I would an experience with aliens.

I am still contemplating this one, but the idea of aliens being Gods and Goddesses of various cultures seems like a good answer to me, it is most interesting

I had little fear when I was younger and always believed in things that people deemed as fairy tales or imagination. I just remember shutting up about what I saw or heard because I hated peoples reactions and thought it best to keep it to myself. I think my belief in things unseen and my ability to keep my mouth shut might have been the case? I do not know.

I think there is some influence it could explain a lot of things..
                      ~Varia V~

Comment

Yep, I most certainly do believe in Aliens. Just hope they're friendlys.
                        Sit back and Relax..

Comment

I saw two ufo sightings so yes! And I believe there's aliens out there as well.
                          The world is so big and there has to be something out there but us.

Be Gentle With The Earth

Comment

There number of reported sightings are increasing lately, and within the UN there is a disclosure project. Other nations have came out and told their people that we have been and still are being visited... the USA is still enforcing the embargo on the information..

Some of the UFO shows I have to admit, seem far out but the show Ancient Aliens has some valid points..

There are some people however, who will gladly take your money for a dvd of their lecture or latest channel from Metatron or the Supreme Galactic Commander, don't fall for the scams..
                            11 Year Member
                            Forum Guide for
                            Astrology and the UFO & Extraterrestrial forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Xander67 View Post
                              the show Ancient Aliens has some valid points...
                              No. It really, really does not. At all. It's the same "brown people couldn't have built this!", "this scribble looks exactly like an attack helicopter from space if we tell you that's what it is first" bullshit that's been circulating for decades thanks to unqualified would-be-pseudoarchaeologists like von Daniken. Not only is it divorced from archaeological reality - it's a fundamentally racist set of arguments.
                              JFGI

Comment

Working...
                              X