Hypothetical Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hypothetical Question?

If we did start meeting up with aliens all across the universe you know having regular contact not unlike international contact here on earth and some people started having inter-universal/galactic relationships with them would it be frowned upon and considered inter-species? (like with bestiality for example) Would you be ok with it? Would you be against it? I'm not sure what I'd feel.
    Crying "cherry-picking!" with one breath and "diversity!" with the next doesn't work either.~brymble
    "Sometimes the Light at the End of the Tunnel is really a Cranky Dragon waiting to roast your ass!"

In Darkness I Know Myself

Close friends with: Yarrow Elfglow, Czechwoods, Rudas Starblaze, Stormbeard, Philosophia, The Woman Monster, Rick and Elise, Sacred Sin David19.....

I think it would depend on their physical composition, Hypothetically, are these aliens for human like or animal like? :giggle:

Comment

I'm not sure, I have no idea what aliens look like. I mean they could look human, but what if on some weird planet human-like creatures(food/pets/entertainment/etc.) are viewed like they are here and animal-like creatures act like humans. I guess humanoid, or whatever.I'm sure someone would be up in arms about human/alien relationships, however if there are aliens out there, then we would be aliens too, to them anyways.
      Crying "cherry-picking!" with one breath and "diversity!" with the next doesn't work either.~brymble
      "Sometimes the Light at the End of the Tunnel is really a Cranky Dragon waiting to roast your ass!"

Close friends with: Yarrow Elfglow, Czechwoods, Rudas Starblaze, Stormbeard, Philosophia, The Woman Monster, Rick and Elise, Sacred Sin David19.....

Comment

Well, some people believe that we were planted here in the first place, so....if that is the case, then really we wouldn't have to worry about cross species contact.

I hope that someday contact will be made. However, given that fact that we as a people tend to Shot and Disect First and ask questions later, I don't see that happening on their part any time soon.
        WitchCraftWeaver sigpic

THE EXPLANATION OF ANY PHENOMENON SHOULD MAKE AS FEW ASSUMPTIONS AS POSSIBLE, ELIMINATING THOSE THAT MAKE NO DIFFERENCE IN THE OBSERVABLE PREDICTIONS OF THE EXPLANATORY HYPOTHESIS OR THEORY
        (Translation for those of you NOT paying attention - "All other things being equal, the simplest solution is the best.") William of Ockham (Occam's Razor)

Comment

Originally posted by WitchCraftWeaver View Post
          Well, some people believe that we were planted here in the first place, so....if that is the case, then really we wouldn't have to worry about cross species contact.

I hope that someday contact will be made. However, given that fact that we as a people tend to Shot and Disect First and ask questions later, I don't see that happening on their part any time soon.
          which just goes to show that there IS intelligent life out there!

Comment

*ques star wars lines*

~Leia~ "i would just assume kiss a wookie!!"

~Han~ "i can arrange that! you could use a good kiss!"

Comment

Hey, if they're on the same intelligence level as us or higher (If higher, I don't know why they'd want to mate with us though. It'll be like humans and monkeys.) and it's safe, then I don't see why not. If the two species can produce offsprings it can't really be that bad. But yeah, I agree, it depends if they're more like humans or more like animals. If they have the capacity to make contact with us, I'm guessing they're more like humans, unless their animals have the intelligence of humans. Then yeah, back to what I said earlier, why would they want to mate with humans?
              My greatest power is my mind.

My Blog Associated Content The Daily Cougar

Comment

Originally posted by Liberty View Post
                Hey, if they're on the same intelligence level as us or higher (If higher, I don't know why they'd want to mate with us though. It'll be like humans and monkeys.) and it's safe, then I don't see why not. If the two species can produce offsprings it can't really be that bad. But yeah, I agree, it depends if they're more like humans or more like animals. If they have the capacity to make contact with us, I'm guessing they're more like humans, unless their animals have the intelligence of humans. Then yeah, back to what I said earlier, why would they want to mate with humans?
                look at the some of the humans here! some of them have little to no intelligence and some people's love literally knows no bounds.:giggle:

Comment

Well if this was happening in present day, its the aliens with the technology and probably the brains, knowhow, and ability to tell us what is ok and not.
                  I dont think I would want to get an alien mad.

I'd ask the aliens their opinion.

As for humans and their judgment of others relationships...I don't care what humans think. They are overly judgmental now with adult human to human relations.
                  :boing:

Comment

Originally posted by aluokaloo View Post
                    look at the some of the humans here! some of them have little to no intelligence and some people's love literally knows no bounds.:giggle:
                    Good point. I've met dogs smarter than some people. :weirdsmil
                    My greatest power is my mind.

My Blog Associated Content The Daily Cougar

Comment

concerning sentient creatures it would purely be a matter of consent.

that said,.. don't think it would come up too often as most people are programed to find their own species only sexualy attractive... for instance... few and far between are the people turned on sexually by octopi
                      Mitakuye Oyasin

Comment

But not necessarily HERE. :giggle:
                        WitchCraftWeaver sigpic

THE EXPLANATION OF ANY PHENOMENON SHOULD MAKE AS FEW ASSUMPTIONS AS POSSIBLE, ELIMINATING THOSE THAT MAKE NO DIFFERENCE IN THE OBSERVABLE PREDICTIONS OF THE EXPLANATORY HYPOTHESIS OR THEORY
                        (Translation for those of you NOT paying attention - "All other things being equal, the simplest solution is the best.") William of Ockham (Occam's Razor)

Comment

If we did start meeting up with aliens all across the universe you know having regular contact not unlike international contact here on earth and some people started having inter-universal/galactic relationships with them would it be frowned upon and considered inter-species? (like with bestiality for example) Would you be ok with it? Would you be against it? I'm not sure what I'd feel.
                          I'm not sure, if the aliens were human-like, and were on the same kind of level (e.g. the same kind of intelligence, etc), and you could have sex with them, then, I, probably, wouldn't see a problem, if they were less human, by that, I mean, we couldn't have a sexual relationship with them, then, I don't think it would work out.

Then again, people, here, already have relationships with animals, like dogs, cats, and even cars, and objects (like one women, actually several women, are married to the Berlin Wall, and, apparantly, have sexual relationships with it, one woman is married to the Eiffel Tower (who, apparantly, is a female), etc.

Also, if humans can have a relationship with this:

(for those that don't know him, his name is John McCririck (& more info here). You can see more pics here, including a topless one).

Now, that is truly scary!.

There's hope for humans and aliens!

Comment

But not necessarily HERE. :giggle:
                            I agree with WitchCraftWeaver, intelligent life isn't, necessarily, found here !.

It's likely, if aliens landed, Bush would add them to the "Axis of Evil", and say Al Qaeda are "hiding among them", etc!.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudas Starblaze View Post
                              *ques star wars lines*

~Leia~ "i would just assume kiss a wookie!!"

~Han~ "i can arrange that! you could use a good kiss!"
                              Well, you know, those Wookie's, you can never resist them, once you go Wookie, you don't go back!.

Comment

Working...
                              X