time travel machine in the process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• time travel machine in the process

Thisis by far the best explanation for timetravel. But do you think it's still possible? It also reminds of a book our teacher read 'A Twist In Time'!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoOaWBRxWhs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hwj868MdEg
    Last edited by Glowingsun; January 13th, 2009, 12:51 AM.
    sigpic

common people this is interesting stuff and no one wants to comment?
    sigpic

Comment

My comment if we cant now we eventually will. If they muck it all up we wont know the difference anyhow so none of it matters anyway.
      :boing:

Comment

The government got a hold of that kind of technology a long time ago, but they're greedy and want all the answers and all the power. Yay corruption. They even killed hundreds-thousands of people trying to figure out how to work said equipment. A lot of them soldiers who had no idea what was being done to them.

I also think that independent scientists have probably already figured out time travel (at least to an extent if not totally) but the government shut them down and shut them up.
        ~Wingéd Mermaid~

Comment

Originally posted by Wingéd Mermaid View Post
          The government got a hold of that kind of technology a long time ago, but they're greedy and want all the answers and all the power. Yay corruption. They even killed hundreds-thousands of people trying to figure out how to work said equipment. A lot of them soldiers who had no idea what was being done to them.

I also think that independent scientists have probably already figured out time travel (at least to an extent if not totally) but the government shut them down and shut them up.
          Huh?

Our ignorance is not so vast as our failure to use what we know. ~ M. King Hubbert

Comment

Conspiracy theorists for the loss.

Comment

There is no actual reason to want to time travel except to escape something. Travelling into the future would be useless I think, because it wouldn't be the ACTUAL future. Anyway gurus can time travel anyway. Lizards arent able to. Meh

Comment

And your evidence to support this hypothesis?So the government shut down every science around the world and somehow manage to erase the formula for the process of time and keeps it all secret.
                Music of DoktorSick

Galactic Sound System

SICK TV

Comment

Ever notice with conspiracy theorists...they somehow know all the secrets no one else knows...except the National Government? Shouldn't they be dead for their knowledge then, if what they are saying is true? Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Allytria View Post
                    Ever notice with conspiracy theorists...they somehow know all the secrets no one else knows...except the National Government? Shouldn't they be dead for their knowledge then, if what they are saying is true? Just a thought.
                    The same National Government that did such a great job with Katrina?

Or maybe they were just trying to pretend to be incompetent?

*brain explodes from excessive nonsense*
                    Co-host of the Pagan Centered Podcast.

Comment

Do you have some kind of proof to back these claims up? :

Comment

I am traveling through time right now. By tomorrow I will have traveled three days since Friday!!!... I will report back to you all when I get there... wish me luck.
                        God is an underachiever.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kreyas View Post
                          The same National Government that did such a great job with Katrina?

Or maybe they were just trying to pretend to be incompetent?

*brain explodes from excessive nonsense*

Oh, ok this makes perfect sense.

Since the gubmint failed miserably with a NATURAL disaster, this obviously proves that they are hiding technology related to time travel.
                          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

sigpic

Comment

Me personally, I feel that time travel will never happen. I just think there won't be a way to successfully control the technology, and I see people using it for the wrong reasons and causing events to alter dramatically that affects the fragile time line.
                            Besides, as the saying goes, yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery, but today is a gift and that is why they call it the present. We should focus on making a better tomorrow, not worrying about going back in time. At least, thats my thought on the subject.
                            sigpic

Comment

If I remember correctly, scientists (or more namely einstien and hawking) have worked out "theoretical" time travel. keyword: theoretical. meaning that mathematically speaking, it is possible. The problem lies in the fact that we have no know materials here on earth that would be able to withstand the force of time travel, not to mention no one really knows how it would affect our bodies. Also, it has really only been worked out to go into the "future", not the past. Not yet, anyway.

Basically, it all boils down to light speed. Nothing travels faster than the speed of light, but that speed is relative to its surroundings. Meaning that if you were traveling at the speed of light for say 6 months to some random place and back to earth, by the time you reached earth it would in fact be several thousand years in the future, although you would have only been traveling for 6 months and your body would have only aged 6 months.

Also, think about starts and supernovas and what not. They recently found a star that exploded somewhere along the lines of 40 million years (correct me if i am wrong, i'm just sorta throwing out numbers here) after what is believed to be the "big bang." they found it after it was just dieing out. Although this actually happened billions of years ago, we are only seeing it now because thats how long it took for the light to travel to us, so, in respect, we are virtually seeing into the past.

Does this make any sense at all?
                              -THE GREAT MANDU-

sigpic

_____________________________________________________________

Comment

Working...
                              X