Aliens, Do You Believe??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aliens, Do You Believe??

Well do you or dont you believe in Aliens and that they have visited earth and perhaps taken some of us against our will?
    yes
    69.19%
    no
    8.14%
    not sure
    22.67%
    Last edited by Noctis; October 7th, 2004, 05:11 PM.
    What we do in life echoes in eternity.

-Maximus

I'll just say yes. If I told you WHAT I believe about aliens, it would be more abnormal than paranormal LOL

Many thanks to Faeawyn, Aldwyn, and Skysilver for the rotating banners.

Comment

I'll just say yes. If I told you WHAT I believe about aliens, it would be more abnormal than paranormal LOL
      do tell do tell ^_^''

-Maximus

Comment

I can't answer. Yes, I believe there is other life than what is here on earth. I also believe that it's pretty darn arogant of us to think there isn't other life....but that's a whole other topic.

But, I'm not sure if the other life has ever been here.

And I don't think anyone has been taken captive.
        Personal Blog comments always welcome
        Misc Pics

Missing my widdle Soweluitachakitabonitamommika

Comment

Well...lol...it's pretty out there. I've actually thought about writing a book on the subject that'd sell well with the sci fi demographic, and likely get me tortured by the religious fundies LMAO

Take the bible, the burning bushes, people being 'ascended into heaven' and coming back, the chariots of fire, etc etc. I see that all deriving from encounters with extra terrestrials.

Take the pyramids..being build to bring earth closer to the heavens...the pattern of the great pyramids in egypt, having relation to a constellation (as per their positioning), the mystery of how they were built as well.

Take the shapes of certain landscape formations, like that huge snake one..that can only be seen aerially. They were put there for someone inthe 'heavens' to see only.

So many many things. I think aliens were here a lot back in the day. And I think that many religious beliefs were actually based on these extra terrestrials who came down from the sky. There are cave drawings for Gods who resemble what we picture as aliens...kind of a fishlike head, with a round object around it.

And what isthe missing link in evolution? My working theory..hehehehehe.....we are experimenting with DNA and clonining projects nowadays. If extra terrestials are able to get here, and have been for sometime..then no doubt they are way more advanced than us, and would have had DNA experimentation a LONG time ago. Get where I;m goin here perhaps they are the missing link. The reason our species is so much more advanced than the previous versions of man.

I'll stop here, before I really get in deep LOL

Comment

And I don't think anyone has been taken captive.
            what about all of the so called "abducties" who report that they have?

-Maximus

Comment

I do believe in life outside of this planet. I have seen some strange things.

Comment

WOW! This is interesting, I am not alone! LOL

http://www.weeklyuniverse.com/2002/voron.htm

Comment

That site is TOTALLY off the wall, even more than me LMAO...but I found that one article very interesting

Comment

Originally posted by Noctis
                    what about all of the so called "abducties" who report that they have?
                    A) they made it up
                    B) it was an exceptionally realistic dream
                    C) they are mentally unsound and actually believe those things happened to them
                    D) they were actually abducted by spirits here on this earth and saw in them what they wanted to see
                    E)....how many excuses would you like me to make up?
                    Personal Blog comments always welcome
                    Misc Pics

Missing my widdle Soweluitachakitabonitamommika

Comment

My vote is split: YES, I believe in aliens. NOT SURE, if I believe they've visited our planet.

Comment

Originally posted by Mau
                        WOW! This is interesting, I am not alone! LOL

http://www.weeklyuniverse.com/2002/voron.htm
                        I'll be damned he beat me to it LOL

"In the 1970s, Erich Von Dنniken wrote a number of best-selling books saying that aliens visited the Earth long ago. Highlighting biblical references to fiery objects in the sky, he even proposed that Christ may have been an extraterrestrial. Going back even further, he suggested that ancient man had been genetically altered by aliens, explaining the 'missing link' in human evolution."

Comment

Originally posted by Tzhebee
                          A) they made it up
                          B) it was an exceptionally realistic dream
                          C) they are mentally unsound and actually believe those things happened to them
                          D) they were actually abducted by spirits here on this earth and saw in them what they wanted to see
                          E)....how many excuses would you like me to make up?
                          I agree with your explanations for people who claim to be "abductees". I don't think that aliens, if they are visiting our planet, are running around snatching folks.

Comment

I believe it's probable there is life, even intelligent life, on other planets. I do not believe they are or ever have visited here.

Concerning abductions: in adition to what Tzhebee said there's a phenomenon whose name I can't recall (waking dream? Hypnopomic state? Sleep paralysis?) that explains it very well. Much of what "abductees" "remember" is brought out under hynosis. It's very easy (easier than most people realize) for the questioner to influence the nature of the answers.
                            "I would rather make the gravest of mistakes than surrender my own judgement." -- Cora Munroe in Last of the Mohicans

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -- Conan the Barbarian in "Tower of the Elephant" by Robert E. Howard

"Moral outrage has little effect on a cat." -- Garrison Keillor

"There aren't many problems than can't be fixed
                            with $700 and a .30-06." -- Jeff Cooper. Or maybe it was his daughter Lindy. I can't remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Valnorran
                              I believe it's probable there is life, even intelligent life, on other planets. I do not believe they are or ever have visited here.
                              I'm on the same page as Val here.
                              - Sleet

Comment

Working...
                              X