My searches!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My searches!

In my long and winding road of soul searching and deity searching,I have come up with this conclusion.

I dont believe in personal deities, I do however believe in something, call it the All, call it the Great Spirit, call it God/Horned god/Goddess, call it the Ultimate Life Source, heck call it the Force if some one wishes...I refer to it as the All for lack of a better name and use the image Baphomet to symbolize it(Baphomet symbolizes balance, male & female, night & day, dark & light, good & bad, above & below), but I do not "worship" it or actually think it looks like the baphomet image..... I just cant accept that we and the universe got here on its own, from nothing. You cant get something from nothing.

Ive felt this way for a while ,it just took me a while to figure it out.

Other Views I have:

Belief in pantheism.
    Belief in balance.
    Belief in a spirit realm that isn't Abrahamic in structure.
    Belief in animism.
    Belief in reincarnation,but I do not hold to the theory that we come back as another person or thing. I believe that our spirit continues on, and that fragments of our memories land where they will, which could explain partial memories of past things, but this doesn't prove we were actually another person in the past. This may be why more than one person at the same time, can remember things or have a strong connection to the same people of the past and cause them to believe they were, lets say Cleopatra or Julius Caesar.
    Last edited by Kern; August 19th, 2012, 01:32 PM. Reason: New thoughts...

"But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."-Thomas Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1782

My Beliefs

I glad your found your beliefs. Im still searching. Altho I can connect with what you have put.
    Kickass dragon ---->

I <3 obs

Always believe in yourself. Do this and no matter where you are, you will have nothing to fear. - Baron Humbert von Gikkingen

Comment

Perhaps you are not Wicca. But if I may, your theology is similar to that of reconstructed-Wicca influencees : purely hardcore dualistic. That does not make it any lesser or greater; it simply is a trend noticed by the watching one... alias: me. I am sure that others will disagree with me, but I still think that it is great to take your beliefs and love them. Some are comfortable enough with beliefs that could never be added up to make any sense, while others find their own beliefs. Others are not comfortable until after ages of learning and proving their beliefs to themselves. Some just don't care to believe at all; walking with their eyes admittedly shut every day of their lives.

I'm glad you've found credo and that you hold to it.

Peace follow.
      They pray, grant thou, lest faith turn to despair.

Comment

Kern:I like what you wrote, quite a bit of it resonates well with me, and is similar to what i believe as well. Not that it particularly matters all that much what i think! lol :giggle:

Comment

Originally posted by MoonBreath View Post
          Kern:I like what you wrote, quite a bit of it resonates well with me, and is similar to what i believe as well. Not that it particularly matters all that much what i think! lol :giggle:
          Thanks MoonBreath. Its always nice finding others that believe similar to what you believe.

"But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."-Thomas Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1782

My Beliefs

Comment

New thoughts...

My Beliefs

Comment

Working...
            X