Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Energy Raising in Groups

Just thought I'd put this out there to start a little discussion-

What are a few ways you like to raise energy in a group setting?
    If you chant or dance, can you be more specific?
    Which chants do you find are really great for raising energy?

In groups that I've been a part of, we've done drumming, dancing, chanting, clapping, as part of our energy raising. The easiest energy raising I've found (and this is the one I start out with in classes) is clapping. You start clapping very slowly and speed up until you can barely clap any longer and then send off the energy.

When chanting to raise energy, I've found that Ma'at/ Ma works very well, as well as any two-line chant. We try to not make it too difficult to remember, so that the focus is on the energy raising. We increase the volume of the chanting so that we might start low/regular, and end up with our arms in the air, screaming the chant the last go around. Sometimes the chant gets faster, sometimes, not.

What I also like to do when drumming is play with the volume of the drums... take it low... quiet... back to medium... louder... then back to low... medium... loud... loudest! It seems to help those who are drumming get in the groove with one another before the real energy raising begins.

How do you like to raise energy in your groups?
    Ivy Artemisia
    Twilight Spiral Coven [Site | Facebook]
    Hearth and Hedgerow [Site | Etsy Shop]

In the group I was in we tried drumming, chanting and such... And one time I introduced a simple chant that involved using the vowels it was based on something I read from Scott Cunningham and Starhawk. I would lead them at first then, it took on a life of its own. The Energy we rasied felt great to me and really woke me up as it were :D

You start clapping very slowly and speed up until you can barely clap any longer and then send off the energy.
    Yep I have done that to with drumming very powerful feeling to when the energy is sent off.
    Last edited by SilverClaw; July 23rd, 2007, 10:52 PM.
    SilverClawStudio on Facebook

Comment

spiral dance is a great group energy raiser. Songs-chants, etc work well.

I know this is a different aspect--but have cast circle with song, as well. worked very well.

Elise
      *~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Resident Beotch

It seems some folks confuse "secrets" with Mysteries.
      The Mysteries aren't secret.
      They are there for whoever wishes to seek them out.
      There just aren't any shortcuts.

That's the Secret.

Don't ask Life to polish you into a jewel and then complain about all the rough treatment!

If you're talking shit behind my back - then you're close enough to kiss my ass.

Comment

I have done the spiral dance twice and found it to be alot of fun, even if I did mess up a few times

but have cast circle with song, as well. worked very well.
        now there is something different to try
        Last edited by SilverClaw; July 24th, 2007, 12:13 AM.
        SilverClawStudio on Facebook

Comment

have a great variation on the Spiral Dance as an icebreaker/energy raiser at a festival... (I want credit for this though-like there is anything NEW)
          Spiral Dance to a drummer... then the drummer stops randomly people stop and introduce themselves to the person in front of them and in back of them. Then drummer re-starts. (kinda a musical chair type thing) Lots of laughter and energy raised in this version. Have used it 3 times in LARGE rituals--over 75 people. I don't recommend less than 50 for this. (yes--I've done rituals for over 100 a couple of times)

As for the song circle castings--done it 4 times in large public circles and about that many in our group circles.

Elise

Resident Beotch

That's the Secret.

Don't ask Life to polish you into a jewel and then complain about all the rough treatment!

If you're talking shit behind my back - then you're close enough to kiss my ass.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Elise~ View Post
            Spiral Dance to a drummer... Have used it 3 times in LARGE rituals--over 75 people. I don't recommend less than 50 for this. (yes--I've done rituals for over 100 a couple of times)

We used to spiral dance in Girl Scouts. (I swear someone in our council must have been a little witchy)- we'd do this as the last dance at our annual council square dancing function. I've tried it, with a small amount of people, and no matter how slow we start, it always ends up being crack the whip for the end people- which is funny in itself.

Whats the smallest amount of people you've successfully gotten to spiral dance?
            Ivy Artemisia
            Twilight Spiral Coven [Site | Facebook]
            Hearth and Hedgerow [Site | Etsy Shop]

Comment

Well, if you're talking ritual settings, I like chants. Drumming is good, but I like chants best. Dancing is fun too, but I don't find it very effective since most of the energy raised by me is then spent trying not to trip over my own feet or relearning how to breath :P

This is all in private/trusted group settings. I do NOT like to do energy raising in a public ritual setting. Actually I HATE it with a passion, since one of two things happens, the resident energy vampires have a feast and people feel icky, and I'm on clean up duty. Or those not familiar with energy work get over whelmed, feel icky and I'm on clean up duty <grumbles>
              The Sexy Heathen Babe

Comment

I've never been one much for very large group rituals. I like a good ritual for festivals at about 30, and I really prefer the rituals with about a dozen people or less. I like the intimacy. More than 60 or so people, and it's much harder to keep the entire group focused. It's really an art, creating a large group ritual that works. Most I've been to have fell flat. That's not really a critique of the person holding it. It's just a completely different animal than smaller ritual. I don't claim to be able to do it, either... if you were wondering. ^_^

Anyway, chants are nice. (The larger the group, the fewer the words). Probably my preferred way, actually. I like "Circle Round the Fire" myself. Has the whole "Cone of Power" in the words already. The elemental chants, too. It really depends what the energy is being raised for. ^_^
                Before you accuse someone of LYING, please read this first.

sigpic

Comment

I agree--it takes a different ritual for a large group than it does for a smaller one. I love writing both.

spiral dance can be done by more than 5--however my variation I wouldn't recommend less than 30 to 40.

Elise

Resident Beotch

That's the Secret.

Comment

Working...
                  X