Effective Advertising

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Effective Advertising

Next month I start the planned coffee moots. And now I need to start thinking about advertising, since this is meant to be a public event, a meet and greet where people can come out and network with others of like mind.

So far the only thing I want to avoid is Yahoo, since there are a number of people I'd really rather then show up that I know are on the local groups. So far the plan is to get a meetup.com subscription/group going as well as getting it into the calender of events in the local paper. And of course fliers at the local shops.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Or would anyone like to share what they've found effective for their own groups/events in the past?
    The Sexy Heathen Babe

I haven't started any groups, but have you thought about advertising in Pagan magazines?, it might reach a wider audience and let more Pagans know when and where the meet up is.

I also like your meetup.com idea as that would let more people know its on and where to go, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by David19 View Post
      I haven't started any groups, but have you thought about advertising in Pagan magazines?, it might reach a wider audience and let more Pagans know when and where the meet up is.
      Not really, since very few actually get the pagan mags here. And none of them are local. I was hoping to stay closer to home, you know? I might go to the pagan mags if I ever get a large scale pagan festival going, though, since that would draw form a much larger geographical area.

I also like your meetup.com idea as that would let more people know its on and where to go, etc.
      Thanks I kept getting the notifications that people wanted them and so one time I looked at how many of the listed users were in my area. 28 people is a good start, I think :P
      The Sexy Heathen Babe

Comment

actually, yahoo is the best word of mouth. I'm on like 15 - 20 statewide lists. I spam the hell outta the state when I have a local event happening.

When Rick and I do metaphysical fairs...we advertise too in the local papers.

See if you can't get into the Events sections of the local papers--best one we've found is the free ones at the restuarants... you know the ones that give all the band listings. Here it's call Urban Tulsa - in OKC it is the Gazette.

Elise
        *~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Resident Beotch

It seems some folks confuse "secrets" with Mysteries.
        The Mysteries aren't secret.
        They are there for whoever wishes to seek them out.
        There just aren't any shortcuts.

That's the Secret.

Don't ask Life to polish you into a jewel and then complain about all the rough treatment!

If you're talking shit behind my back - then you're close enough to kiss my ass.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Elise~ View Post
          actually, yahoo is the best word of mouth. I'm on like 15 - 20 statewide lists. I spam the hell outta the state when I have a local event happening.
          I used too ^_^;; then I saw that the "regulars" were the same unsavoury types there were keeping the rest at home. So I'm shying away from that one for eh moment.

best one we've found is the free ones at the restuarants... you know the ones that give all the band listings. Here it's call Urban Tulsa - in OKC it is the Gazette.
          Brilliant! I've seen those everywhere. I think there are three different ones here, plus the health food mag. Definitely going to be looking into that one thanks.
          The Sexy Heathen Babe

Comment

What about also advertising in stores that aren't really Pagan, but that you know a lot of Pagans would shop there (hope that made some sense), e.g. like health food shops, herbal stores, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Vigdisdotter
              Does anyone have any other ideas?

Or would anyone like to share what they've found effective for their own groups/events in the past?
              Effective marketing places I've found are Witchvox, listing event announcements in pagan forums, Vancouver Island Pagan Alliance puts up meetups and announcements for free, the local metaphysical shops (of which Victoria has plenty), word of mouth - if you know pagans who seem to know everyone in the community...

Good luck!

Comment

What about also advertising in stores that aren't really Pagan, but that you know a lot of Pagans would shop there (hope that made some sense), e.g. like health food shops, herbal stores, etc.
                Oh definitely And my town has LOTS. My poor printer shall be getting a work out!
                The Sexy Heathen Babe

Comment

People have given you a lot of really good ideas!

Definitely check out your local Pagan shop and put a flyer up on the bulletin board.... also, add a link to your signature for all of your outgoing emails and bulletin boards/groups you are in. Its a subtle way of advertising, that takes no effort at all.
                  Ivy Artemisia
                  Twilight Spiral Coven [Site | Facebook]
                  Hearth and Hedgerow [Site | Etsy Shop]

Comment

What about Craigs list? It's free to post there and usually a ton of forums, including community events. And we almost always advertise groups and events at Witch Vox, but the unsavory types you are trying to avoid might check there a lot too.

Dont forget putting fliers up in health food stores :cheers: And if there is a definite Pagan type shop in your town, talk to the owner about your group. Leave your business cards at the counter or have the store employees offer them as referals. This is often exchanged for recommended their shop to people who attend your events.

Rhianna

Attached Mama to Brendan, born 11/18/03. Loving Wife to Dennis, handfasted 9/7/02.

Comment

Right now I'm starting to Meetup.com so that I can AVOID some of the problem people I know hang out on the local yahoo lists. at least until I've got a solid basis of individuals coming out.

Oddly enough, the problem people don't seem to come out to things that are in full swing ~_^ They prefer to cause trouble for starting efforts.

I'm paid up for 6 months at Meetup.com, so in the next few months I'll see about making a transition to a Yahoo group and we'll go from there Becuase I do agree. Spamming the hell out of Yahoo is a good way to reach a lot of people.

Actually, I just spammed the hell out of the Witchvox listings ~_^
                      The Sexy Heathen Babe

Comment

Originally posted by Rhianna813 View Post
                        What about Craigs list?
                        I've been looking at it, actually So far my poor brain is having trouble navigating it, but I'm sure I'll figure it out. Just need a couple extra hours in the day :P
                        The Sexy Heathen Babe

Comment

Working...
                        X