Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what can somebody meet in a dark forest during initiation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what can somebody meet in a dark forest during initiation?

The forest is deep and dark at night, a woman is initiated what can she encounter there , spiritually speaking? What apparitions,, what help or obstacle to her jurney? thank you in advance for the effort to help me..
    Mylene

Originally posted by Mylene View Post
    The forest is deep and dark at night, a woman is initiated what can she encounter there , spiritually speaking? What apparitions,, what help or obstacle to her jurney? thank you in advance for the effort to help me..
    Always watch out for the centaurs.

Comment

And the animal poo, tread carefully in bare feet!

nesta

No man is so good as to be free of evil, nor so bad as to be worth nothing.
      Norse Proverb

The coward believes he will live forever, if he holds back in the battle, but in old age he shall have no peace.
      Norse Proverb

Comment

The most dangerous thing you could encounter is other humans. Other than that, it depends on the forest ... where are you located?

Faith is easy -- until the moment you actually need it.

"Since when are facts subjective?" - Athena_Nadine

"Turning and turning in the widening gyre
        The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
        Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
        Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
        The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
        The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
        The best lack all convictions, while the worst
        Are full of passionate intensity."

– W.B. Yeats, "The Second Coming"

Comment

Spiritually speaking, your patron god/dess or your ancestral guides, or your animal totem guides can appear to you anywhere, in a dark forest or a sunny park or your own living room.

Other than that, an initiation is going to be unique to you as an individual and telling you what my initiation was like might set up some false expectations in your mind. To be reassured, ask your mentor whether s/he will be setting up proper protections for the initiation and then just relax and see what happens.

Comment

sb = ???

Shawn Blackwolf ?

Stormbeard ?

What in the whiffwhaff is sb ?

Then I may be able to begin answering the question...:uhhuhuh:

Comment

I thought she meant you as well lol... but I think she means "what can somebody (sb) meet in a dark forest"

Originally posted by Shawn Blackwolf View Post
              sb = ???

Shawn Blackwolf ?

Stormbeard ?

What in the whiffwhaff is sb ?

Then I may be able to begin answering the question...:uhhuhuh:

असतोमा सद्गमय। तमसोमा ज्योतिर् गमया।
              मृत्योर्मामृतं गमय॥
              ॐ Om Asatoma Sadgamaya, Tamasoma Jyoti Gamaya, Mrityoma Amritam Gamaya ॐ

Comment

Actually I've had some of those questions my self.

Is it a mundane forest that one will walk through after some form of initiation?

Is it a mundane forest that one will walk through to get to the point of the initiation?

Is it a spiritual journey through a spiritual forest that the initiate must pass through?

Is the forest journey a part of the initiation at all?

what can sb meet in a dark forest during initiation?
                A whole lot of stuff depending upon the reason why she is in the forest. Things spiritual, things natural, things supernatural, even the excesses of her own mind and fears.

Comment

Ahh...

Thank you , Toby...

( Note to new members of MW...pls spl ot ur wrds...)

Please Spell Out Your Words...

Thank You...there are a number of us who hate text typing...

( or just won't understand )

Now...as for the question...

Overall , I would agree with others here...

However...a true initiation , is a shock to the system , and
                  would bring to the forefront , on the astral / physical , as
                  vision / experience , whatever was latent in the psyche , in
                  the immediate , or in time following initiation , over a period
                  of days , weeks , or months...

There are reasons why some visions / experiences are common ,
                  and some are individual , and why certain initiations , done
                  with each new initiate , when traditional , might just bring
                  forth similar experiences...

Yet also , as we each have unresolved states in the psyche , why
                  our own are many times our own...just triggered by the initiation...

And , when experienced in nature , such as a forest , that in itself
                  brings certain parts of the brain , ie: survival mechanisms , the
                  subconscious / unconscious , into play , triggering certain psyche
                  states...

Fear itself , expectation , apprehensiveness...all activate , and
                  create states of consciousness...

What can you expect ?

The question really is for each initiate..."Who are *you* ?"

For *that* is the key to the answer..."Who are you"...

Great fortune in your journey...travel well...

For when you set foot on this path...you have set magical
                  currents in motion...leading you to where *you* need to go...

Originally posted by Toby Stimpson View Post
                  I thought she meant you as well lol... but I think she means "what can somebody (sb) meet in a dark forest"

Comment

Theoretically, if one is on a spiritual journey, one can meet just about anything in a forest out in the middle of nowhere. Being around just oneself has the impact of making our minds easier to play with, by ourselves and others. You may think you encounter things. You may in actuality encounter things. You may have "initiators" play tricks on you.

You've gotta' be more specific, though. Where-ish is the forest in question? What sort, evergreen or deciduous? What do the local spirits feel like to you? Have you ever been there before? Are you familiar with said forest?

If it's out in the middle of nowhere, the most likely type of spirit or "apparition" you will encounter is a "nature spirit"... of which there are probably a zillion types. Some are playful, some are easily spooked. Some will be happy to help you, others will be wary of you. Some may not notice you at all; some may follow you around.

What you see will probably most be of personal significance. Try to remember all that you see, mundane and not. Analyze it later. Write it down! Spider-chart what meanings these things you noticed have to you. Remember, there is no "right" or "wrong" thing to notice. If you notice it, it is of importance to you somehow. Even if it's just the color of someone's clothing, a particularly shaped knothole in a tree, a squirrel, a deer, the babbling of a brook, the call of a bird, the feel of the soil, the smell of the air... try to reach out with each of your senses, OBSERVE the surroundings. REMEMBER your observations.

These sorts of things are intensely personal; I really truly would recommend writing down your experiences that night, and going over what you've written later. More things will come to you as you do.
                    "The cosmos is also within us, we're made of star stuff.
                    We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

Carl Sagan, as quoted by The Symphony of Science

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Blackwolf
                      Please Spell Out Your Words...
                      Heh, indeed. This isn't Twitter.

Faith is easy -- until the moment you actually need it.

"Since when are facts subjective?" - Athena_Nadine

"Turning and turning in the widening gyre
                      The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
                      Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                      Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                      The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
                      The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                      The best lack all convictions, while the worst
                      Are full of passionate intensity."

– W.B. Yeats, "The Second Coming"

Comment

You wouldn't want to meet Stormbeard in a dark forest

Comment

It depends on what you take in with you.

So tie me to a post and block my ears
                          I can see widows and orphans through my tears
                          I know my call despite my faults
                          And despite my growing fears

But I will hold on hope
                          And I won't let you choke
                          On the noose around your neck

And I'll find strength in pain
                          And I will change my ways
                          I'll know my name as it's called again
                          ~ Mumford and Sons (The Cave)

"I have been in Sorrow's kitchen and licked out all the pots." ~ Susan Straight

Comment

This guy

Our ignorance is not so vast as our failure to use what we know. ~ M. King Hubbert

Comment

it depends, though i personally would be a little more wary of the local wildlife and crummy people then i would of nasty spirits. but perhaps researching the history and lore of the people who lived there could offer you some clues. it also depends on who/what you're going to call. Deities? Totems? Land Spirits? Forest Spirits? Elementals? Fairy Folk? sorry if i sound old fashioned but it would be a good idea to take someone with you just in case. it would really suck if you were in a deep trance and a local predator (human or animal) chanced on you by yourself. ya know? be careful.
                              Last edited by aluokaloo; July 19th, 2009, 09:22 PM.
                              Crying "cherry-picking!" with one breath and "diversity!" with the next doesn't work either.~brymble
                              "Sometimes the Light at the End of the Tunnel is really a Cranky Dragon waiting to roast your ass!"

In Darkness I Know Myself

Close friends with: Yarrow Elfglow, Czechwoods, Rudas Starblaze, Stormbeard, Philosophia, The Woman Monster, Rick and Elise, Sacred Sin David19.....

Comment

Working...
                              X