Griffons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Griffons

Earlier tonight I went outside to get some fresh air and to also get into contact with griffons. My experience was nice and I learned some good things about these magical creatures.

When I was younger I used to collect M:tG cards and some of my favorites were those with depictions of griffons. An interest in griffons sparked but I did not think I would really learn anything about them. When I was 17 I purchased a book about different types of magical creatures and I was happy to see that it had an entry about griffons. Too bad I forgot everything in it about them and ended up giving the book away to someone who turned out to be unappreciative about things that people give him.

Lately I have become interested in magical creatures and the one that really interests me above all others is the griffon. For those of you who do not know, griffons are depicted with the body of a lion, the head & wings of an eagle, and sometimes the front paws are talons while the back paws are still those of a lion. Very fascinating.

So tonight I asked my matron goddess if she could get some griffons who are okay with me to get into contact with me. I was standing outside and I humbly asked in every direction for the griffons to favor me. When I completed all of that the wind really picked up and I felt the creatures surrounding me.

The griffons shared with me some things about themselves that I did not know since the internet is limited in information on them and I lack the books. Griffons are beings who have much interest in goodness, righteousness, order, truth, sincereity, justice, literature, and guardianship. They give off a feeling of being elders, wise, and strong. I learned that no matter how young a griffon is, it will always have the personality of a wise elder. So unlike us there is no such thing as an adolescent mind with griffons. One type of offering that they like is incense that has a fragrance associated with the element Fire. Another type of offering that they like is a hymn or poem because they are fascinated with literature. They are associated with the three elements Air, Fire, and Water. Griffons very much like to be in association with people who are sincere, honest, just, and are inclined toward the good and orderliness.

So anyway I thought I'd share what I learned about griffons with the MW community. This is all, of course, my own learning and understanding about griffons based on my own experience. You are to do whatever you will with the information. =)

Very nice! I too have always loved magical critters (although I'm more of a dragon person myself). I wonder if Athena could hook me up with some dragons...I'm slightly scared to ask. I'm not sure if hydras are nice or not!
    Athena is my inspiration

Comment

Griffons are magical creatures?

Then what are these?
      http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/griffonphotos.htm
      Xentor, your friendly-neighbourhood Checkerist
      Contact me | The Dialogues on Checkerism

Comment

Originally posted by Kcheez View Post
        Very nice! I too have always loved magical critters (although I'm more of a dragon person myself). I wonder if Athena could hook me up with some dragons...I'm slightly scared to ask. I'm not sure if hydras are nice or not!
        Thank you. =)

Is Athena your matron goddess? If so then i would have to agree with the idea of asking her to get you into association with dragon spirits since she would know what is best for you. So, she would be the one to determine what kinds of dragons are suitable for you. She may not even think that dragons of any type are right for you though. If she does approve of it then you may find yourself in association with dragon spirits. =)

The deities always know what is best for us. My experience with the griffons tells me that my matron certainly approves and that the griffons themselves must also like me.

Comment

Originally posted by Xentor View Post
          Griffons are magical creatures?

Then what are these?
          http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/griffonphotos.htm
          LoL! Good one. =)

If you squint your eyes enough you will see that those dogs have eagle wings like a real griffon. =p

Comment

I think so, but I'm not sure. I haven't felt a pull to any deity yet, but Athena makes sense to me. I love greek mythology and culture and if I can toot my own horn a bit, am very intelligent. I've prayed to and communicated with her before and she's the one I'm comfortable with. Of course it could very well be Thoth, as I like Egyptian mythology just as much.

I know this sounds silly, but as I said, I haven't really felt a pull yet. I'm sticking with Athena because I feel I should. Although she was rather aloof when I spoke to her, I think she would have said no if she wasn't right for me.
            Athena is my inspiration

Comment

It may be that Athena and Thoth are the quintessential deities for you. Athena may be your matron and Thoth your patron. Or.. Athena is your matron and Thoth is a very important deity for you. Thoth may be your patron and Athena is a very important deity for you.

Don't give up if you do feel that Athena is right but seems aloof. She may be testing you or waiting for when the time is right for you both.

The way it is for me concerning my matron goddess is that not only do I feel a pull to her because of what she is a goddess of and what she looks like in depictions, but it has much to do with how she resonates with me in association. She feels right; we are meant to have our relationship of deity & devotee. I love her association and she has let me know on just about all our occasions that she loves my association too. I can even feel her smiling toward me and there is also a sense of her wrapping her concern, care, love, and essence around me.

A good example of what I am trying to explain would be a relationship with a friend. Let's say that you have a friend who has the same interests as you. She likes the music you like, the same movies, books, places, and both of you can relate to each other. There is more to her than having the same interests, likes, and dislikes. She enjoys your presence just as you enjoy her presence. She feels comfortable around you just as you feel comfortable around her. When you haven't seen her for a week you think about her and she thinks about you. Even if she loses interest in half or most of the things you have an interest in, you still like her as much and she feels the same about you. It is the bond that is most essential thing between the two of you.

There is a way how I found out she is my matron. All I had to do one night was ask for my matron, whoever she is, to come and make herself known to me. It worked. Just before retiring to sleep I had a nice vision of her walking to me.

My matron is not the only goddess I worship. There is another goddess from the same pantheon as she. This second goddess has the undeniable resonance with me and I really like the things that she is a goddess of or associated with.

In the past there have been many times when I attempted to become the worshiper of certain deities merely because I liked the things that they are associated with. What I lacked was actual resonance with them. That's why I am not their worshiper. There were also of course the temporary fascinations with deities that did not last.

My matron as well as a male deity who I do not worship have taught me something very important regarding deities and worshipers. It is best not to select your deities based on a tradition or even because you like a particular pantheon most. There are deities or just a deity who the person is meant to be in association with. Those deities will let the person know who they are when the time is right. The deities who we are meant to be in association with will feel correct for us.

Originally posted by Kcheez View Post
              I think so, but I'm not sure. I haven't felt a pull to any deity yet, but Athena makes sense to me. I love greek mythology and culture and if I can toot my own horn a bit, am very intelligent. I've prayed to and communicated with her before and she's the one I'm comfortable with. Of course it could very well be Thoth, as I like Egyptian mythology just as much.

I know this sounds silly, but as I said, I haven't really felt a pull yet. I'm sticking with Athena because I feel I should. Although she was rather aloof when I spoke to her, I think she would have said no if she wasn't right for me.

Comment

Working...
              X