Ostara 2019 / Spring Equinox.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ostara 2019 / Spring Equinox.

March 20 2019 this year. Started my spring cleaning early. Made infused lime water for the cleaning of the home. Burned some candles, incense after cleaning and let some fresh air in.
    Sorting my candles see what I have in spring colors. I have not looked up my infused oils yet but I think I still have some Ostara oil from last year. Did a little baking of pastries to test.

I've been trying to keep up with the cleaning. I did decorate a bit around the house.

I've been busy celebrating St. Pat's with my family (I know a lot of people frown up on it, in my family it's tradition and we have fun).

Plus I've been working like a crazy woman. I did make a plan for the garden this year. I also plan to do some baking this week (after Sunday!) and make a family meal.

The weather is warming up a little bit, so I'm planning to get outside a bit more and enjoy the weather and nature more often.
    It's been minutes, it's been days. It's been all that I remember. <3

Comment

So ostara falls on a day that I'll be out and about for kids activities for hours. Urgh. I will probably just have all the fixings for a chicken salad and nice meal, and then maybe we'll color some eggs before bed. For just myself, I'll also light some incense and maybe make a small meditation or ritual.
      Even when your hope is gone, move along just to make it through the night.
      my blog

Accepting Tarot Requests

Comment

Well all of the "day of plans" got shot to hell. *sigh*

Today, my friend passed away. He was battling cancer. His wake is on Wednesday and I need to be there. I've been losing myself in the kitchen. It's where I'm happy and I don't think much except on what I'm doing.
        It's been minutes, it's been days. It's been all that I remember. <3

Comment

I know this thread is about last Ostara, but is this an OK place for me to ask for ideas for next Ostara? I kind of want to see if the other ladies at my church would like to do some kind of presentation or ritual for our service then so I'm casting about for ideas. The Winter Solstice ritual we attended at a neighboring church has me curious if we could pull something off like it at our own.

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality;
          and then there are those who turn one into the other. ~ Douglas Everett

"We gaze up at the same stars, the sky covers us all, the same universe encompasses us. What does it matter what practical system we adopt in our search for the truth? Not by one avenue alone can we arrive at so tremendous a secret."
          Symmachus
          384 C.E.

"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes."
          ~ Gene Roddenberry

"Finish each day and be done with it.
          You have done what you could;
          some blunders and absurdities have crept in;
          forget them as soon as you can.
          Tomorrow is a new day;
          you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit
          to be encumbered with your old nonsense."
          Ralph Waldo Emerson

Avatar artwork by Jonathon Earl Bowser - www.JonathonArt.com

Comment

Go for it!
            Even when your hope is gone, move along just to make it through the night.
            my blog

Accepting Tarot Requests

Comment

Working...
            X