No announcement yet.

When you were first starting...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish I had realized how important it is to actually *practice* instead of just doing a massive amount of reading. Learning is good but actually doing is what leads to spiritual experiences.
    My Online Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Rain Gnosis View Post
      I wish I had realized how important it is to actually *practice* instead of just doing a massive amount of reading. Learning is good but actually doing is what leads to spiritual experiences.
      With regard to Wicca specifically, how does one know what to practice without doing a "massive amount of reading"?

Comment

Well, one could find and join a coven. However, I said "instead of just" reading. I'm not saying don't read, I'm saying don't just read. I love reading, I wouldn't recommend someone not do it.
        My Online Journal

Comment

When I started out, I wouldn't have felt comfortable joining a coven without having read thoroughly and had a practical understanding of what joining a one involved and what they practiced. But of course that's me. It's plausible that others might be comfortable jumping in blind.

Comment

It might depend on what you take massive amount to mean. I meant I read dozens (hundreds?) of books but actually *did* something a dozen times. Wicca is often defined by orthopraxy and is, in my understanding, experiential. I don't know how or why I felt the Divine at all except maybe that They were surprisingly patient with me.
            Last edited by Rain Gnosis; August 27th, 2017, 03:00 AM.
            My Online Journal

Comment

Working...
            X