meditation and recovery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• meditation and recovery

I am looking for interesting ideas in meditation. I am a volunteer at a local drug and alcohol treatment center. I lead a meditation group there once a week. I use a lot of visualizations, I need new ideas. I also need ideas to teach the gruop to do on their own. I appreciate any help I can get. Thank you bunches!
    "Mama, Mama many worlds I've known since I first left home"----- Jerry Garcia, Robert Hunter

One thing I found was really neat when I started meditating was visualizing a walk by a cold stream, when said in enough detail and imagined vivdly enough you feel like you are putting your hand in the cool water of a stream, I found that sensations like this were fascinating and relaxing and easy to do with an open mind and an imagination for a beginner like me.

I hope that didn't sound sily and somehow helps! lol

Comment

Thanks! No that doesn't sound silly at all. I actually use one technique where I take them into a small lake, naked, and have them focus on the feeling of water caressing their bodies. I also take them into the ocean in a similar way. Thanks for your discription. I think a nice un-comlpicated version like yours will be helpful. Tahnks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      "Mama, Mama many worlds I've known since I first left home"----- Jerry Garcia, Robert Hunter

Comment

You could also take them to a peaceful garden, or a cave, or just sit them under a huge tree and have them feel the roots of the tree growing into the earth....

"Meh...."
        ¤My LJ Blog¤

Comment

Thank you! Great ideas!

Blessings, MoonMari

Comment

Originally posted by moonmari
            I am looking for interesting ideas in meditation. I am a volunteer at a local drug and alcohol treatment center. I lead a meditation group there once a week. I use a lot of visualizations, I need new ideas. I also need ideas to teach the gruop to do on their own. I appreciate any help I can get. Thank you bunches!
            there's actually a lot of other threads around about meditation and techniques. just do a quick search on it.

Comment

There is a book out there called "Inner Magic" by Ann-Marie Gallagher and it is teaching you visualizations/meditations for a variety of different subjects, like developing your relationships with the different elements, etc. However, you could use the meditations without searching for meanings from an element.
              For instance, there is one where you are standing on a cliff and can hear the waves, birds, etc.. You walk through a gate in the East and when you do, you grow feathers and you can fly. (This is a summary, by the way). So you fly around and observe the area, how you fly, what it feels like, etc. There's more, but you get the drift. I love this visualization and feel very happy when I finish. There are other enjoyable ones in the book. I highly recommend it!

BB,
              Calyx

Banners by the talented Pandoras and WJ, and Blinkie by Flaire~thanks!

Comment

thank you very much! That's exactly the type of visualizations I'm looking for!!!!!!!!!!!

MoonMari

Comment

Thank's Cloud. I hadn't even thought of doing a search!

MoonMari

Comment

Here's one I use for my son, it's to regain self-control when you feel out of control.

First you visualize an object or an article of clothing. I particularly like a robe, cloak, or jacket. This represents self-control. You implant this, "When I wear this I feel in control." You walk through putting it on, then what the feeling of wearing it is like.

Once you've done this a few times as a guided meditation, it is something they can use whenever they feel out of control, they can easily close their eyes and put on their Control Cloak or whatever.
                    Please visit my blog!

Nowadays, every girl with a henna tattoo and a spice rack thinks she's a Sister of the Dark Ones. —Willow Rosenberg

If that which thou seekest, thou findest not within thee, thou wilt never find it without thee.
                    www.deborahlipp.com

Comment

Working...
                    X