This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Pagans FAQ questions?

If you have any subjects or questions, or see any threads on these subjects that aren't listed, please discuss it here!
    Site Adminstrator, (Yes, really!)
    Official Site Vixen, 100% Grade A Evil,
    Cerebral Goddess and Jelly Donut!
    subscribe to mw

Disciple #42 of Jodarius, the Random God of Thwaking.

"Even people who think they are dragons think you are crazy. How does that make you feel?"

being pagan is a religion, right? Can you be christian AND pagan?
    zombie

Comment

Originally posted by AVeryConfusedPerson
      being pagan is a religion, right? Can you be christian AND pagan?
      Actually there are a lot of threads about this already:

http://mysticwicks.com/search.php?searchid=1143829
      http://mysticwicks.com/search.php?searchid=1143831
      http://mysticwicks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=111

Comment

A Path not listed

I have noticed that by looking into this newbie thread there is not anything on the Elemental's path. Perhaps there was and it is gone now or there is none within the realm currently with enough knowledge on it to put it up. Either way as an Elemental of EG I thought I would ask since it is another path that one can find and do.
        Many ask whom I am and the answer though simple seems to baffle them. For the answer to whom I am is within your mirror and everything you see, for I am it all. I am the one created and not born. The one who has yet to ever die, but merely transcends into the next successor. I am, Xellos Metallion, and I am EG.

Comment

Originally posted by Xellos_Metallion
          I have noticed that by looking into this newbie thread there is not anything on the Elemental's path. Perhaps there was and it is gone now or there is none within the realm currently with enough knowledge on it to put it up. Either way as an Elemental of EG I thought I would ask since it is another path that one can find and do.
          I suggest you take a look into the "Paths" forum for information on your path (or if you wish to share your information about it, that is fine too!).

This subforum is basicly meant for new pagans that look for answers to basic questions, made by pagans that were "in it" for some time and are tired to answer the same questions over and over again
          Thanks for the banner Faeawyn!

Comment

I actually have a definition question, and would like to be able to find the answer here on MW. Do we have a dictionary? Yes, I know, it would be just as easy to look it up elsewhere, but I figured since we have all sorts of other faqs and even a pronunciation guide, why not a dictionary?

clairsentience and clairaudience. You'd think that after 16 years of accumulating all sorts of info on paganism I'd know what these are, but I can't for the life of me remember them.
            Ziana

Comment

clairsentience. The ability to feel spirits, energy and the like.
              Clairaudience. The ability to hear spirits energy and the like.

I realise this is only a short explanation but my hands are cold as i type this and i feel it sums things up.

Comment

I think you guys are missing the point of this thread. I'm looking for other Frequently asked questions or subjects that should be added to the New Pagans FAQ.
                Site Adminstrator, (Yes, really!)
                Official Site Vixen, 100% Grade A Evil,
                Cerebral Goddess and Jelly Donut!
                subscribe to mw

Disciple #42 of Jodarius, the Random God of Thwaking.

"Even people who think they are dragons think you are crazy. How does that make you feel?"

Comment

do I really have to use tools or can I just... not?
                  Can I get stuck in meditation?
                  Ditto for astral projection
                  I'd also like to know a bit about glamour magic(k)

Comment

I am feel spirit. I like that.
                    :D
                    .,+**+.,_,.+**+. ,.+**+.,_,.+**+.
                    BLESSED BE

Comment

some things that are highly misunderstood even in pagan beliefs
                      posession
                      conjuring
                      shapeshifting
                      left-hand magick
                      Id personally like to see some accurate information for the new pagans
                      out there on these topics, Im pretty sick of the misunderstandings i seem
                      to come across.

Comment

Faq

I think one of the biggest things to a new, young Pagan is how to tell the family that they have abandoned the religion they were raised in and joined a new one. That was a huge thing for me when I was new. I know it is just a FAQ, not an advice column on how to be accepted, but a link to someplace with information on this would probably be very very helpful.
                        sigpic
                        My artwork is for sale!! Visit http://etsy.me/dIFblg. Support a starving artist!!!! (Please... I'm hungry!) [email protected]

Thanks to Faeawyn for my banner.

Comment

another frequently asked question

where is the best place to start?
                          Life is 10% what has happened to us,
                          and 90% the value we assign to it.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nightchild View Post
                            where is the best place to start?
                            That is the best question, I think.
                            I started by just reading. I was so disgusted with the dark and evil magick of organized religion in any form. All the oppressive/suppressive violence was weighing on my soul.
                            So, I am investigating different paths. I am enjoying learning.

Comment

I am trying to go to the new pagans forum through the search engine on this site. It goes straight to pagans and not new pagans. Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
                              X