This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wolfjan1 View Post
    I am trying to go to the new pagans forum through the search engine on this site. It goes straight to pagans and not new pagans. Any ideas?
    You might post this in the site room.

Does anyone else have any FAQ's they would like to see?
    Ancora Imparo

Comment

Originally posted by Crysiira View Post
      I think one of the biggest things to a new, young Pagan is how to tell the family that they have abandoned the religion they were raised in and joined a new one. That was a huge thing for me when I was new. I know it is just a FAQ, not an advice column on how to be accepted, but a link to someplace with information on this would probably be very very helpful.
      Ohhh Crysiia... Thank you soooo much for posting this! This is my biggest dilemma right now!!!
      Gone to find myself... no clue where to look...

Comment

Faq

Is shapeshifting possible in reality or it's just fairytale?Can a human turn into a hawk for ex using some occult methods?If it is possible where are the methods?

I guess some questions for new pagans would be:

Is magic real?
        Do spells work?
        Is the wheel of misfortune true?
        What is the difference between natural magic and scienced one?
        Can occult sciences be really science?
        Can an effect be created in a scientific way of tools-method-effect as an experiment, than recreated again by a different person or the same person with the same outcome?
        For example taking a simple object like a leaf and changing it's colour.
        Does religion has to necessarily mix with occult?
        What is the difference between an occult religious path and a occult science path?
        What are the subtle conections between mimetic magic and gravitons and anti gravitons particles?
        Do crystals have inner resident energy?Or power?
        How exactly does a spell work ,when using herbalism?
        Why are we told about magic when we are little kids,and put in the form of fairytales and when we grow up they tell us is fiction?
        Do mundane people have inner fear of the occult arts?
        Why was magic associated with the devil and evil workings by the christians?
        The occult sciences are such beautiful arts,why do we do not study them in normal schools?
        Mundane people must be kept out of magic as an indisputable rule of the arts?
        If I have magic in my blood how do I know for sure?Who can certify a witch?Who can test and assure someone they are a natural witch or not?
        Are natural witches,or tradition witch families really out there and real,opened to teach others?If yes,are they preferred in occult academic circles over one who is mundane but tries to succed in learning the arts?Are the mundane people with inclinations(conceptual) to the arts rejected and denied the real info about the occult arts ?
        What happens if I'm a natural born a magical being,with more than 2 natural talents?
        Can a large group of people perform instant effect spells?
        A large group of people is more effective in casting than a single person?
        Is there magic and workings possible in outer space?For example on a NASA space station,in an astronaut suit?
        Is grounding bound to this planet,or one while on another planet can do grounding using the core energies of that planet?Also can that be done remotely from a distance?
        There may be more but it's sufficiently for now. Ps. I really would like the above questions answered it would help many new pagans.Hugs!
        WHERE THERE IS WILL,THERE IS A WAY...

Comment

On a more simpler note i think...
          i would love some information on candles and crystals and their meanings. It's ridiculous how many different sites and books give me different and sometimes opposing info. I want to set up an alter but i want to write it all down so i know what to use and what i need. just the basics! It's especially hard for me because paganism seems to be almost non-existent in New Zealand, or at least in the lower south island anyway so i have next to no access to books or stores so i'm trying to make do with what i've got.
          sigpic
          "Ever mind the rule of three, three times what thou givest returns to thee, this lesson well, thou must learn, thee only gets what thou dost earn"
          Karakia Tïmatanga
          Whiti ora ki te whei ao
          ki te ao mنrama.
          Whiti ki runga, whiti ki raro.
          E ngungu ki te pِhatu
          e ngungu ki te rنkau
          tïtaha ki tënei taha
          tïtaha ki tërن taha.
          Tihei mauriora.

tēnā koutou

Comment

Originally posted by Mana-Raven-Star View Post
            On a more simpler note i think...
            i would love some information on candles and crystals and their meanings. It's ridiculous how many different sites and books give me different and sometimes opposing info. I want to set up an alter but i want to write it all down so i know what to use and what i need. just the basics! It's especially hard for me because paganism seems to be almost non-existent in New Zealand, or at least in the lower south island anyway so i have next to no access to books or stores so i'm trying to make do with what i've got.
            candles i might be able to give you a basic chart. as far as crystals hop over to the crystal forum and ask for what you are looking for

very little in New Zealand in what i know but this might help
            http://www.witchvox.com/vn/hm/nzxx.html
            MYSTIC WICKS Needs your help!Please donate or subscribe!

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

A basic chart on candles would be great, and thanks for the site
              sigpic
              "Ever mind the rule of three, three times what thou givest returns to thee, this lesson well, thou must learn, thee only gets what thou dost earn"
              Karakia Tïmatanga
              Whiti ora ki te whei ao
              ki te ao mنrama.
              Whiti ki runga, whiti ki raro.
              E ngungu ki te pِhatu
              e ngungu ki te rنkau
              tïtaha ki tënei taha
              tïtaha ki tërن taha.
              Tihei mauriora.

tēnā koutou

Comment

Working...