The elemental book of 5000 spells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The elemental book of 5000 spells

I’ve recently bought this and wondered if anyone has had any experiences when using it.

Ohh, I have that one.

The only spell I've done out of it though was the knot spell to prevent miscarriage. Early in my pregnancy I thought I was in the early stages of having a miscarriage and I did the spell. I still have the cord which I'm supposed to untie when the baby is ready. I'm 6 and a half months and I haven't had any problems so it's worked thus far.

Jess
    Libris

"Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this is the beginning of wisdom." ~Theodore Rubin

Comment

I love that book- love the little history bits about magic from all over the world. I chose part of a spell from there that has been successful to say the least!I love it.
      Banners by the very talented Catiana

Need a greetings card for a very special person or occasion?
      Want it personalised with a very particular picture, theme or name?
      Unable to find good pagan themed greetings cards?
      Can't Find what you want in the stores?
      PM me for details of handmade cards sent anywhere in the world

:irish:ShamRock and Roll (Thanks Annorah)

Comment

I LOVE that book! It's a great resource, draws on magical traditions from all over, and leaves nothing to the imagination-a refreshing frankness you can't always find in many of the books available. The author also points out that substitutions can be made, and not every thing is as hard and fast as some would have you think. A MUST HAVE, IMO.:cheers:
        “During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.” -- George Orwell

In The Art of Discworld, Pratchett says, "I've always suspected that Nanny is, deep down, the most powerful of the witches and part of her charm lies in the way she prevents people from finding this out."

I solemnly vow to give the current president all the respect that was given to the last president.
        Cheerfully providing the loyal opposition

"....a powerful sorceress must be cautious about aligning herself with, and transferring power to, unworthy men

I've been ghosted by ~Elise~

www.fisherhouseboston.org

Comment

I also really love this book. I like that it uses a lot of different magickal systems, and the author seems to have really done some great spell research. I've done a few of the spells, and I keep the book close at hand. I even got a copy for my sister.---shuvanilu
          "Calm down, Neddly diddily diddily diddily, doodily. They did their best shodaiddily iddily iddily diddily diddily. Gotta be nice, hostidididildilidilly ah HELL diddily ding dong crap! Can't you morons do anything RIGHT!?"---Ned Flanders

Comment

Yeah, it's a pretty awesome book. I love the Formulary section myself, because the things you can make sell for WAY more than they should (around here, at least).
            I think perhaps this thread should be moved to the 'Books' section.

Comment

with this kind of response, i think i have to go pick it up now... like, right now!
              Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu
              Meryt Aset-Serqet her Herthet-Sekhmet

Comment

As for me, it made it onto my Amazon wish list...along with a few dozen other books I can't afford right now...
                Seraphim

Take the Highway Less Traveled Evil MySpace Page! Covenspace PaganSpace

A baby is an angel whose wings decrease as his legs increase.
                --French Proverb

Comment

Originally posted by Harmony Aurore
                  with this kind of response, i think i have to go pick it up now... like, right now!
                  Same here. This book is definitely something I'll look into. Thanks for bringing this book to my attention, Flash.

Comment

I saw it on OneSpirit.com... I have no need for it though.

Comment

Originally posted by flash
                      I’ve recently bought this and wondered if anyone has had any experiences when using it.
                      It's a good book. I don't own one of my own yet. And if it's the same book I'm think of check out the one for Magickal Creatures and there also one for Witchcraft. (It's a white book with a nice design on it right).
                      Free Hugs
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4

Comment

I had it but needed money so I sold it. I really miss having it, along with all the oter books I got rid of. I have the latest in the "series"...The Element Encyclopedia of Magical Creatures and The Element Encyclopedia of Witchcraft....awesome books!! But I really miss the Spells one
                        user formerly known as DixieWitch.
                        Me on Facebook

Comment

Id seen it and thought "bah-humbug!" might have to look at it now although I don't really have a need for it sounds like it would be an interesting read with the history and all
                          ~*~*~*~

"I shall not see a world that will be dear to me. Summer without flowers, Kine will be without milk, Women without modesty, Men without valour, Captures without a king, Woods without a mast, Sea without produce" The Morrighan
                          ~*~*~*~

"Take the splinters of my shattered dreams, build a casket for my tears" ~ R.I.P Dylan 30.07.09
                          Aussieland 'Druid Crafter'

Comment

thanks for all the input guys and those who dont have it should get it or atleast have a look, and if you do have it dont get rid of it.

Congrats on the pregnancy Jessicaorr well done.

Comment

My husband got it for me and at first I thought it was kind of "wishy-washy" but I read parts of it anyway. Now I like to use it as a reference or starting point for my own spells.
                              We are all just visitors to this earth!

Another fine banner by Catiana
                              (\_/) (\_/)
                              (O.o) ( _ )
                              (> <) ( o ) hopping away!
                              Green Room Forum Guide
                              The MW Kitchen Forum Guide
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(")

Comment

Working...